Xevivor

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

slow start but definitely great show! 790 was too evil, the flying butt plugs were in rare form, and some awesome guest star beef cake! and kai seems to be getting less patient, you got to love him dumping velma unceremoniously off his lap…and how about xev, so close but NOT …and poor fifi/schlemmi, talking to his analyst and worrying about his homosexuality…great show guys, almost as fast moving as last week!

theFrey
    Participant

Yes excellent show this week. Fast paced and it almost had enough Kai in it. Yea!!!!

——————
    thefrey
    Creator of the Kai Klone Doll and the Kai Kaption Screensavers http://members.home.net/thefrey/%5B/url%5D

Anonymous

I liked this one, especially Velma.

Though I didn’t like Xev’s new outfit, does anyone know if she’ll be wearing it for long?

And Schlemmi/Fifi didn’t know how normal he was,hehe.

790 had better watch out if Velma sticks around. Her being a computer nerd, she could get mad at him and corrupt his programming. Suppose he fell in love with Dr.Longbore.
    Or Prince.

Anonymous

This is driving me a little crazy now.. I swear it was “Tina” not “Velma”.. damn SciFi and their squeezey screen credits….

Where’s that Ellen Dubin interveiw, FX?

Btw, glad you weren’t in Orlando last week.

——————
    “The best defense is a strong offense.. and I intend to start offending right now.”
    -James T. Kirk

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by X:
    This is driving me a little crazy now.. I swear it was “Tina” not “Velma”.. damn SciFi and their squeezey screen credits….

Where’s that Ellen Dubin interveiw, FX?

Btw, glad you weren’t in Orlando last week.

yup, watched that one in my hotel on anna maria island, even my dad laughed (and he hates lexx!) particularly liked the flying alligators, and more obnoxious children that need to be killed

Anonymous

Loved it! Loved it! Looooooved It! From beginning to end this episode was like being on one of those great roller coaster rides without blowing chunks!! Jeffrey Hirshfield is the best!! I can’t get over 790 being so nasty and conniving anymore. BTW, where did the piece of brain he contains come from?? Perhaps that would give us some clue to his jealous, neurotic, phsycotic, murderous behavior…

I was definitely NOT prepared for Tina’s attempted seduction of Kai….the nerdy vixen – I would of given my left arm, right leg and part of a thigh to trade places with her!!!(after I used them, of course). What did she mean when she said, “I’ve never given myself to a “living” man before?”

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by NB 1:
    BTW, where did the piece of brain he contains come from?? Perhaps that would give us some clue to his jealous, neurotic, phsycotic, murderous behavior…

790’s brain cube came from Squeeze Pimmel of B1B, who was working as a waitress in a cocktail bar (Human League quote, I couldn’t resist), attempted to curry romantic favor from a cleric (as her “ticket out of there,” I think she said), and was sentenced to be harvested for parts.

–Aleck
    –Aleck

theFrey
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by X:
    This is driving me a little crazy now.. I swear it was “Tina” not “Velma”..

Are you sure? She looks just like her. I was expecting Shaggy and Fred to show up at any moment. hehe

Perhaps “Velma” is a term of endearment? No? Well, the beans are the right age to have watched Scooby-do, perhaps she was a tribute to Velma, ’cause she sure as sugar looks like her right down to the glasses.

——————
    thefrey
    Creator of the Kai Klone Doll and the Kai Kaption Screensavers http://members.home.net/thefrey/%5B/url%5D

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by thefrey:
    Are you sure? She looks just like her. I was expecting Shaggy and Fred to show up at any moment. hehe

Perhaps “Velma” is a term of endearment? No? Well, the beans are the right age to have watched Scooby-do, perhaps she was a tribute to Velma, ’cause she sure as sugar looks like her right down to the glasses.

I sincerely doubt the character was based on some 60s cult cartoon show. She’s just a Texan geek with an odd vampire fixation.

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by thefrey:

NO!!!! Velma was no hottie. Although, ironically the actress playing Velma in the new Scooby Doo Movie, save your sanity and avoid this one, is pretty hot. I was never too big on Sara Michelle Gellar, she’s playing Daphne.. ack!! Not to mention that Freddie Prinze Jr. is playing Fred.. ack!!.. and his annoying co-star from Wing Commander, Mathew Lillard.. nother ack!!.. is playing Shaggy. Also Scooby will be all CGI and talk. Sounds like a winner.

Think I’ll go meet up with Bat-man and Robin for some milk and Bat-cookies now.

I got a few terms of endearment for Kai btw

——————
    “The best defense is a strong offense.. and I intend to start offending right now.”
    -James T. Kirk

Anonymous

Xevivor was off the wall. Rest easy Xev fans, she doesn’t wear the new outfits very long. She will be wearing different ones throughout the new season, but will always return to her cluster lizard outfit. 790 is fast turning into psycho robot head. It was pleasant to note Kai’s appearance of lower tolerance. Poor computer chick, she doesn’t grasp the concept of the dead not having sexual urges. I’m looking forward to the vampire episode. Jeff Pustil has trimmed down almost too much. His shoulders looked quite boney.

lizard
    Participant

Did anyone else notice that the rest of the contestants and Xev tried to vote Stan off the island they used
    A BUTTERFLY BALLOT!!!!!!!

No wonder it was easy for 790 to step in and tamper!

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by lizard:
    Did anyone else notice that the rest of the contestants and Xev tried to vote Stan off the island they used

I noticed. Last episode, with all the president-bashing, I was half expecting the Lexx’s laser to blow up Palm Beach!

——————

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by lizard:

That was the first thing I noticed …I initially thought that everyone was going to try and vote Stan off the island, but accidentally vote off someone else (which would have been funnier, IMO, even though I liked 790’s tampering).

And who else thought that the opening “show biz” talk was hilarious? I haven’t laughed so hard at LEXX in a long time! “Nice doing business with you, robothead.” “Yo mama.” GREAT stuff there. Kudos to Jeff H.!

–Aleck

Anonymous

Something else I noticed was when they were doing the Xevivor “show” they used a letterbox type screen rather than a typical screen shape.

Anonymous

Lizard; I noticed too.

And while we’re on the subject of the election, does anyone else think Priest looks and acts kinda like Ralph Nadar (of course his looking like him must be a coincidence ’cause he was chosen way back before november)

lizard
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Hypatia:

And while we’re on the subject of the election, does anyone else think Priest looks and acts kinda like Ralph Nadar

Noooo, I don’t see the resemblance. I picture R.N. ruling over a completely different kind of hell..more like the long meeting in girl-town. (I voted for him BTW, it was a desperate cry for help.)

So far, I think I liked the Xevivor episode the best. I kinda like the blue pleather faux fur outfit. I saw an add for this week’s show and can’t wait to see Stan become king of Newfoundland!

Anonymous

Tina – Velma …{{shrug}}

Back to Xevior.
    When was the last time Kai ‘wanted’ or was ‘interested’ in anything. He seems way more motivated this season and especially in Xevior. “I would like to come.” I thought that was a hilarious exchange between Tina and Kai.
    Anyway, ok yeah.
    Kai wants? The last time Kai ‘wanted’ anything was when they went to see Mantrid to have him cook up some protoblood, but I think that was more of a self-preservation type of desire. That and part of the insect essence was also controlling him. So what can all this new ‘motivation’ mean? Has Kais soul returned to him? Maybe his assasain instincts are kicking in and he has to go kill the Tin Man looking figure? Could be he is looking for more like himself?
    I do not pretend to know or have any of the answers, just asking the questions.

antiZero

——————

SOYLENT GRUEN IST MENSCHENFLEISCH

DalekTek790
    Participant

I believe Kai has faint wisps of emotions and wants, but they are like distant echoes of a past mind he can never hear clearly. Kai is different from Data in that there is the capacity for emotions in his brain. They’re something he lost, not something he’s trying to obtain.

I, for one, was suprised Kai didn’t brush Tina off faster. I figured he’d say “Please don’t distract me when I’m trying to find a way to save your planet” or something after a few seconds. Instead, there’s this looong drawn-out scene where he’s watching that movie that we know is going to have something interesting and Shadow-ish in it and Tina’s all over him and I kept thinking “Come on, Kai! What happened to the coldly logical killing machine?”

By the way, what was that thing on the film? It didn’t look like a vampire. It was sort of like His Divine Shadow, only white instead of black and with the head-tail-thing sticking straight up so he (she?) looks like a K.K.K. member. Was it a Divine Shadow larva?

Also, one final question: How did this whole Velma thing get started? Was it just an attempt to refer to a character whose name the writer couldn’t remember (Like Dr. von Schatten, or George W. Priest ) or did whoever said it genuinely think the character was named Velma?

Okay, now I need to wrap up this post before it gets to the length where SadBoard members just scroll through it scanning for phrases like “mega spoilers” and “nude Louise Wischermann photos” without actually reading the content. Computer, end program.

And now for the unnecessarily long signature hand-picked from the “SciFi3.doc” cut & paste archive on my computer:

——————
    Vaiyo a oh;
    Vaiyo a oh, home vaah ray;

Vaiyo a rah, jerhume Brunnen-G.
    Vaiyo a oh, home vaah ray;
    Vaiyo a rah, jerhume Brunnen-G;
    Vaiyo a rah, jerhume Brunnen-G.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by antizero:
    So what can all this new ‘motivation’ mean? antiZero

Can the dead be curious? Is curiosity a function of thinking or of feeling?
    Maybe he sees it as his *responsibility* to pursue anything that smacks of His Shadowness (since it’s his *destiny* and all).
    Maybe all this thinking without feeling (existing as a “mockery of life”)has Kai experiencing a sort of existential angst – not a *desire” as such, but an *affinity* to investigate what may be connected to his own experience. Maybe the dead man is looking for a sense of completion (or even *belonging*) so he can finally rest.
    Maybe he wonders if vampires know how to make the dead…um, erm…*equipment* work again.
    Maybe I spend way to much time contemplating the dead man’s state of mind? Maybe I better get out of my cube now and go home. Yup.

——————
    – Aurora

Flamegrape
    Participant

Tina (a.k.a. Velma, a.k.a. Selma) clearly had her eye on Kai since episode 4.02.

Anonymous

*sigh…

Kai was not seeking self-preservation in Mantrid. The insect essence was controlling him the whole time in order to get the insect larvae so it could leave Kai and inhibbit it. It didn’t have any luck transferring the essence, so having come from HDS, it knew about Mantrid and went to seek his help. The plan was never to really get Kai any protoblood. Kai even says that he has plenty after the insect essence leaves him.

Kai is not looking for some “magic potion” to bring himself back to life. That’s not his character, but hey don’t take my word for it, go buy the wonderful LEXX DVDs by Acorn media and watch the behind the scenes segment and on either vol 1 or 2 Lex G says that himself and Micheal McManus does a pretty good job of Xplaing what “motivates” Kai or at least his reactions to different people and that’s on Vol 1.

——————
    -James T. Kirk

theFrey
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:

1. What happened to the coldly logical killing machine?”

2. By the way, what was that thing on the film

3. Also, one final question: How did this whole Velma thing get started

1. I still think Kai was changed on water during his re-birth there.

2. I have seen posts that speculate that the figure with the pointy hat is the Time Phrophet. Sounds reasonable enough to me.

3. Some people, I’m not sure where, it may have been on my Kaption site, were trying to indicate the ‘Smart geeky girl wearing the really ugly geek glasses.” Velma does fit this criteria, everyone immediately knew who you were talking about when you used Velma. Prior to that she was refered to as “The geeky earth girl.” If they said Tina’s name the first episode she was in, I know I missed it, so possibly others did too. I think it was just an easy way of refering to this character.

[This message has been edited by thefrey (edited August 15, 2001).]

DalekTek790
    Participant

I figure this is as good a place as any to say this. Lexx: General isn’t working right, so how come nobody’s posting in Lexx: Episodes? The newest post is from yesterday!

——————

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:
    I figure this is as good a place as any to say this. Lexx: General isn’t working right, so how come nobody’s posting in Lexx: Episodes? The newest post is from yesterday!

Maybe because not that many people have anything episode-specific to say, and they don’t feel like posting just to see their words on a screen? “LEXX: General” has pretty much continuously been more trafficked than “LEXX: Episodes,” so I can see why posts in general have fallen off. I think the Episodes forum is running along at normal speed.

–Aleck

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Aleck:
    Maybe because not that many people have anything episode-specific to say, and they don’t feel like posting just to see their words on a screen? “LEXX: General” has pretty much continuously been more trafficked than “LEXX: Episodes,” so I can see why posts in general have fallen off. I think the Episodes forum is running along at normal speed.

–Aleck

hey aleck and dt…aleck, i dont think you were part of our little dysfunctional family in february, so i am going to reminisce a little…the lexx episodes forum was just shy of 1000 in february when someone hacked into the server and destroyed a lot of stuff, my forum was the worst hit…at that point a lot of people started posting in lexx general…then, with the hiatus in lexx showings, no one posted much here at all…now the habit of posting lexx general has set in to where people even post episode related topics there, which is fine since i tend to cruise both fora, especially with blackie being away so much…incidentally, i “met” dalek tek on the old sadboard way before this new setup and my becoming a moderator; he was about the only poster there…dt is probably one of the longest running presences on this site , and one of the first people i ever talked to on-line, hence the frequent squabbling bred of a relatively long history here together …anyway, i would like to see this as busy as it was before the crash, but habits die hard…love fx

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:
    hey aleck and dt…aleck, i dont think you were part of our little dysfunctional family in february, so i am going to reminisce a little…the lexx episodes forum was just shy of 1000 in february when someone hacked into the server and destroyed a lot of stuff, my forum was the worst hit…at that point a lot of people started posting in lexx general…then, with the hiatus in lexx showings, no one posted much here at all…now the habit of posting lexx general has set in to where people even post episode related topics there, which is fine since i tend to cruise both fora, especially with blackie being away so much…

I was here, actually. I registered right after the new board came up. I had forgotten about how many posts were lost in that last crash, though, and you’ve got a point. My point, though, is that no matter what the reason, the General forum gets about twice as many posts per day than the Episodes forum, so people are in the habit of doing the majority of their chit-chat under the “General” heading as it seems a wider umbrella for discussion. Which is probably as it should be, I guess.

–Aleck

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by FX:
    hey aleck and dt…aleck, i dont think you were part of our little dysfunctional family in february, so i am going to reminisce a little…the lexx episodes forum was just shy of 1000 in february when someone hacked into the server and destroyed a lot of stuff, my forum was the worst hit…at that point a lot of people started posting in lexx general…then, with the hiatus in lexx showings, no one posted much here at all…now the habit of posting lexx general has set in to where people even post episode related topics there, which is fine since i tend to cruise both fora, especially with blackie being away so much…incidentally, i “met” dalek tek on the old sadboard way before this new setup and my becoming a moderator; he was about the only poster there…dt is probably one of the longest running presences on this site , and one of the first people i ever talked to on-line, hence the frequent squabbling bred of a relatively long history here together …anyway, i would like to see this as busy as it was before the crash, but habits die hard…love fx

Did you use to go by a different user name? I can’t say I remember an F.X. on the old SadBoard. Of course, I started out as just “Lee.” I think I was “the Nano Shadow” for a while, too, before I came up with my magnificent current alias.

——————

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.