MM on Sunday Showcase

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx MM on Sunday Showcase

• This topic has 58 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 23 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Just FYI y’all:
    I just wanted to let you all know that Michael McManus will be heard tonight on CBC Radio One. The info can be found here, (I hope this link works). Scroll down until you get to March 18th, “Age of Lead.” Horribly, I will be at work but I hope someone gets to hear it! Let me know if anyone gets it; it’s on streaming audio (again, I think I believe that addy for realplayer is http://www.radio.cbc.ca/cbcradio.ram. I had a bunch of radio one’s to pick from so I hope that one’s correct. Good listenin’!

Anonymous

Thanks for the info. Maybe you can listen to the replay tonight March 19 on CBC Radio 2 at 9:05pmest.There are 3 Canadian radio plays,the last one is by Margaret Atwood.This is the one that Micheal is in.But don’t miss the others!

Anonymous

Thanks for the info. Maybe you can listen to the replay tonight March 19 on CBC Radio 2 at 9:05pmest.There are 3 Canadian radio plays,the last one is by Margaret Atwood.This is the one that Micheal is in.But don’t miss the others!

Anonymous

Michael McManus this, Michael McManus that…SadGeezer ought to devote a whole section of this forum to Michael McManus so all you hormone-charged girls can discuss your hero without bothering us serious Lexx fans!

Anonymous

Michael McManus this, Michael McManus that…SadGeezer ought to devote a whole section of this forum to Michael McManus so all you hormone-charged girls can discuss your hero without bothering us serious Lexx fans!

Anonymous

Uh-oh, I think I smell J-E-A-L-O-U-S-Y!!!!! And I happen to like Michael McManus’s this and that….. Although I much prefer this than that…

Anonymous

Uh-oh, I think I smell J-E-A-L-O-U-S-Y!!!!! And I happen to like Michael McManus’s this and that….. Although I much prefer this than that…

Anonymous

I was able to listen to the show. Computers are so handy. All three plays were most interesting. The one featuring McManus was the longest of the three and also the most involved. It was rather chilling and reminded me of my childhood when my sis and I sat around the radio listening to Tales From the Crypt, Inner Sanctum and The Green Hornet among many others.

Anonymous

I was able to listen to the show. Computers are so handy. All three plays were most interesting. The one featuring McManus was the longest of the three and also the most involved. It was rather chilling and reminded me of my childhood when my sis and I sat around the radio listening to Tales From the Crypt, Inner Sanctum and The Green Hornet among many others.

Anonymous

I don’t understand why Kai is so popular among the ladies.

I mean, what’s he got that I don’t?

Anonymous

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Deuce X. MacInaugh:
    Michael McManus this, Michael McManus that…SadGeezer ought to devote a whole section of this forum to Michael McManus so all you hormone-charged girls can discuss your hero without bothering us serious Lexx fans! [/B]

First, how sad, really, that was like a 10 on the Envy meter, Deuce. Second, honey, if it weren’t for the “hormone-charged girls,” you’d be seriously discussing Babylon Five because Lexx would be a fading memory. It was the hands that rock the cradle that rocked the SciFi world and saved Lexx, baby, and don’t you forget it. But, don’t worry, if you do we’ll remind you.

Now, moving right along… Did that character, Vincent, sound like he was channeling yellow-eyed Kai, or what? I lucked out and got to listen to the broadcast, so happy camper was I. MM was a trip in this short piece. I only recently discovered Atwood. I have a 1st ed. Good Bones and Simple Murders that I guard with my brother’s life. (hey, I’m not that obsessive that I’d risk my own! ) But, she’s wonderful! I understand MM also did a few more shows with radio drama but I haven’t tracked them down.(uh, lazy) After hearing that voice on the intro to IWHS, I figured it had to be on tape somewhere. (and, if it wasn’t, what a squandered resource!) Radio shows like these kept me sane when all seven channels in my teeny college town only showed local high school football all day and night. Oh, the second story about the hockey sweater? That was made into an animated film; it was the very first film I saw that got me interested in things Due North. I saw it when the US public TV used to air The Canadian Animated Film Festival features.

[This message has been edited by BlackCloud (edited March 20, 2001).]

Anonymous

quote:

Michael McManus this, Michael McManus that…SadGeezer ought to devote a whole section of this forum to Michael McManus so all you hormone-charged girls can discuss your hero without bothering us serious Lexx fans! [/B]

First, how sad, really, that was like a 10 on the Envy meter, Deuce. Second, honey, if it weren’t for the “hormone-charged girls,” you’d be seriously discussing Babylon Five because Lexx would be a fading memory. It was the hands that rock the cradle that rocked the SciFi world and saved Lexx, baby, and don’t you forget it. But, don’t worry, if you do we’ll remind you.

Now, moving right along… Did that character, Vincent, sound like he was channeling yellow-eyed Kai, or what? I lucked out and got to listen to the broadcast, so happy camper was I. MM was a trip in this short piece. I only recently discovered Atwood. I have a 1st ed. Good Bones and Simple Murders that I guard with my brother’s life. (hey, I’m not that obsessive that I’d risk my own! ) But, she’s wonderful! I understand MM also did a few more shows with radio drama but I haven’t tracked them down.(uh, lazy) After hearing that voice on the intro to IWHS, I figured it had to be on tape somewhere. (and, if it wasn’t, what a squandered resource!) Radio shows like these kept me sane when all seven channels in my teeny college town only showed local high school football all day and night. Oh, the second story about the hockey sweater? That was made into an animated film; it was the very first film I saw that got me interested in things Due North. I saw it when the US public TV used to air The Canadian Animated Film Festival features.

[This message has been edited by BlackCloud (edited March 20, 2001).]

Anonymous

quote:

hey deuce baby, i dunno, since we so rarely hear from you except the odd snidery i would be curious to know more so, are you tall and slim with white hair and hazel eyes?! it’s okay, none of us look like xev i bet, so tell us more, and if you are such a serious lexx fan, how come we are not hearing from you on other topics (at least under this call sign) come on, don’t be shy!oops, forgot to say what he’s got that you don’t, a funny odd little show that goes on long hiatuses, a really bizarre wig, and an odd little hook rug costume, but boy i would love to have one of those braces!

[This message has been edited by FX (edited March 22, 2001).]

Anonymous

quote:

hey deuce baby, i dunno, since we so rarely hear from you except the odd snidery i would be curious to know more so, are you tall and slim with white hair and hazel eyes?! it’s okay, none of us look like xev i bet, so tell us more, and if you are such a serious lexx fan, how come we are not hearing from you on other topics (at least under this call sign) come on, don’t be shy!oops, forgot to say what he’s got that you don’t, a funny odd little show that goes on long hiatuses, a really bizarre wig, and an odd little hook rug costume, but boy i would love to have one of those braces!

[This message has been edited by FX (edited March 22, 2001).]

Anonymous

quote:

Deuce, I am sure you have many attractive qualities……but Kai represents protection from harm and demands nothing in return (when it is within his power to do so). He also is aloof, distant, unatainable, in other words – a complete challege. He has a deep, smooth voice, large masculine hands, a drop-dead gorgeous face and is tall and lean. He has “I can take ya or leave ya” attitude. All in all, he’s the total package… but who knows, if we ever met you we might be asking Sad to devote a whole page to Deuce…….(As far as Kai is concerned, it seems we always desire what we cannot possess….)

Anonymous

quote:

Deuce, I am sure you have many attractive qualities……but Kai represents protection from harm and demands nothing in return (when it is within his power to do so). He also is aloof, distant, unatainable, in other words – a complete challege. He has a deep, smooth voice, large masculine hands, a drop-dead gorgeous face and is tall and lean. He has “I can take ya or leave ya” attitude. All in all, he’s the total package… but who knows, if we ever met you we might be asking Sad to devote a whole page to Deuce…….(As far as Kai is concerned, it seems we always desire what we cannot possess….)

Anonymous

I usually post under another name. I use the pseudonym because I figure I’m likely to offend people and I don’t want them holding a grudge against my normal dentity “Deuce X. MacInaugh” is a pun, from Deus ex Machina, a Latin term meaning “God as machine.” It referrs to divine intervention in the guise of natural phenomena. I post under this name when talking about something that is not really about sci-fi, but rather problems with the board that the moderators don’t want to bring up. Just when someone said something about me just being jealous of Kai, I couldn’t resist writing a joke post.

Anonymous

I usually post under another name. I use the pseudonym because I figure I’m likely to offend people and I don’t want them holding a grudge against my normal dentity “Deuce X. MacInaugh” is a pun, from Deus ex Machina, a Latin term meaning “God as machine.” It referrs to divine intervention in the guise of natural phenomena. I post under this name when talking about something that is not really about sci-fi, but rather problems with the board that the moderators don’t want to bring up. Just when someone said something about me just being jealous of Kai, I couldn’t resist writing a joke post.

Anonymous

Now, Deuce, or whoever you really are, did you ever hear of “Badeus Boyatta”, it’s a pseudonym for a “bad boy” who write bogus posts.

Well, at least you came clean….

We take out Kaimania very seriously around here…..

Anonymous

Now, Deuce, or whoever you really are, did you ever hear of “Badeus Boyatta”, it’s a pseudonym for a “bad boy” who write bogus posts.

Well, at least you came clean….

We take out Kaimania very seriously around here…..

Anonymous

I recorded the Monday night show, “Three Classic Stories By Stephen Leacock, Roch Carrier and Margaret Atwood.” I’m not sure I really liked the Margaret Atwood story; MM portrays the character of Vincent well enough as a vibrant student at the start, and a dying man near the end. It’s not Vincent’s story anyway.

If you want to buy the hour’s recording on CD, CBC makes it available for $21.00 CDN. Phone 416-205-5966, e-mail [email protected] , or send a cheque (maybe not advisable for those outside Canada) payable to CBC, to
    Radio Drama on CD
    Box 500, Station A,
    Toronto, ON
    M5W 1E6

Anonymous

I recorded the Monday night show, “Three Classic Stories By Stephen Leacock, Roch Carrier and Margaret Atwood.” I’m not sure I really liked the Margaret Atwood story; MM portrays the character of Vincent well enough as a vibrant student at the start, and a dying man near the end. It’s not Vincent’s story anyway.

If you want to buy the hour’s recording on CD, CBC makes it available for $21.00 CDN. Phone 416-205-5966, e-mail [email protected] , or send a cheque (maybe not advisable for those outside Canada) payable to CBC, to
    Radio Drama on CD
    Box 500, Station A,
    Toronto, ON
    M5W 1E6

Anonymous

You didn’t think someone came here just to point out other people’s problems!?!

And of course that’s not a real name (outside of, maybe, a Piers Anthony novel)!

Anonymous

You didn’t think someone came here just to point out other people’s problems!?!

And of course that’s not a real name (outside of, maybe, a Piers Anthony novel)!

lizard
    Participant

quote:

Well, how about 100 women and or men lined up wanting to _____________!!

[This message has been edited by BlackCloud (edited March 27, 2001).]

lizard
    Participant

quote:

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Lizard:
    Well, how about 100 women and or men lined up wanting to ___________!!

youch! hope there are no kiddies watching! (that many, y’think? kind of doubt it…)

Anonymous

quote:

Well, how about 100 women and or men lined up wanting to ___________!!

youch! hope there are no kiddies watching! (that many, y’think? kind of doubt it…)

DalekTek790
    Participant

That’s what I’m talking about! You don’t censor that, but you re-write my inocuous post.

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

DalekTek790
    Participant

That’s what I’m talking about! You don’t censor that, but you re-write my inocuous post.

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

Anonymous

I’ll admit that the, uh, dick comment was a little uncalled for… it wasn’t a picture I needed to have in my mind.

Now, children, stop bickering before I drag you all down to the gutter and beat you silly with severed limbs… I’ll do it, darnit!

~elfie

——————
    “Reality continues to ruin my life.” – Calvin and Hobbes

Another month ends. All targets met. All systems working. All customers satisfied. All staff eagerly enthusiastic. All pigs fed and ready to fly.

Anonymous

I’ll admit that the, uh, dick comment was a little uncalled for… it wasn’t a picture I needed to have in my mind.

Now, children, stop bickering before I drag you all down to the gutter and beat you silly with severed limbs… I’ll do it, darnit!

~elfie

——————
    “Reality continues to ruin my life.” – Calvin and Hobbes

Another month ends. All targets met. All systems working. All customers satisfied. All staff eagerly enthusiastic. All pigs fed and ready to fly.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:

dalek – honey, look, i told you i am not here to censor vulgarity, but i do try to maintain some peace by editing (very rarely) what may hurt people, and sometimes you sound like you don’t like or approve of some of the posters or their opinions…now can we please stop this, if you reread my letters you will see i have tried to hold out an olive branch, just as i see you are confused and upset and i am sorry, now let’s stop already, okay (btw, i would never edit somebody else’s forum, but if you notice, i did allude to the fact that the language might be a little strong) peace, okay?fx

Anonymous

quote:

dalek – honey, look, i told you i am not here to censor vulgarity, but i do try to maintain some peace by editing (very rarely) what may hurt people, and sometimes you sound like you don’t like or approve of some of the posters or their opinions…now can we please stop this, if you reread my letters you will see i have tried to hold out an olive branch, just as i see you are confused and upset and i am sorry, now let’s stop already, okay (btw, i would never edit somebody else’s forum, but if you notice, i did allude to the fact that the language might be a little strong) peace, okay?fx

Anonymous

quote:

weeell…
    i can say nothing about your looks or personality, but i think i can safely assume that you are _not_ an undead brunnen-g warrior bound by an ancient prophecy to bring about the end of the personification of evil and its tyrannical order

——————
    Gideon: I thought you said you don’t hold a grudge.
    Galen: I don’t. I have no living enemies. At all.

Anonymous

quote:

weeell…
    i can say nothing about your looks or personality, but i think i can safely assume that you are _not_ an undead brunnen-g warrior bound by an ancient prophecy to bring about the end of the personification of evil and its tyrannical order

——————
    Gideon: I thought you said you don’t hold a grudge.
    Galen: I don’t. I have no living enemies. At all.

Anonymous

HELLO! Sheriff’s back in town. No offense, Liz’d but I had t’ trim a bit off.
    Eu·phe·mism:”The act or an example of substituting a mild, indirect, or vague term for one considered harsh, blunt, or offensive.” We like our filth a little cleaner here. Let’s leave a little something for our amply warped imaginations to gnaw on. Trust me, we can read between the lines. And, some of us don’t even need the lines. (Oh, and it was more like 150 )

Chill, Dalek, chillllll. I’m the one to blaze about this forum, not FX. Mea culpa. My bad.

Deuce? Deus ex machina? God out of the machine, Greek stage convention, hmmmm. Is this CAT??? (kitty, kitty, c’mere, kitty) Well, whoever you are, you’re clearly intelligent (even if you’ve got a case of Kai-envy ), and that is half the battle for most women, as far as being a babe magnet. And, women do like that ‘bad boy’ charm thing. But, as my brother used to point out, there’s a difference between being a badboy and an idiot who’s a PIA. Deuce, you’re just stringin’ us, ain’tcha? We’re gonna get to UnCon and find out you’re a stone-cold Romeo; at which time you’ll have a nice hearty laugh at having us all on, won’tcha? But, let me ask you this: Can you jump from space to a planet surface, stand up, shake it off, and still be able to make a simple shoulder examination look like foreplay? (“May”) Oh, and another big lady trapper; that air of vulnerability wrapped in all that strength. Let’s face it, Kai is a swoon-fest, wrapped in a heartthrob, wrapped in a siiiighhhhh.

——————
    There is no character, howsoever good and fine, but it can be destroyed by ridicule, howsoever poor and witless. Observe the ass, for instance: his character is about perfect, he is the choicest spirit among all the humbler animals, yet see what ridicule has brought him to. Instead of feeling
    complimented when we are called an ass, we are left in doubt. (Twain)

Anonymous

Eu·phe·mism:”The act or an example of substituting a mild, indirect, or vague term for one considered harsh, blunt, or offensive.” We like our filth a little cleaner here. Let’s leave a little something for our amply warped imaginations to gnaw on. Trust me, we can read between the lines. And, some of us don’t even need the lines. (Oh, and it was more like 150 )

Chill, Dalek, chillllll. I’m the one to blaze about this forum, not FX. Mea culpa. My bad.

Deuce? Deus ex machina? God out of the machine, Greek stage convention, hmmmm. Is this CAT??? (kitty, kitty, c’mere, kitty) Well, whoever you are, you’re clearly intelligent (even if you’ve got a case of Kai-envy ), and that is half the battle for most women, as far as being a babe magnet. And, women do like that ‘bad boy’ charm thing. But, as my brother used to point out, there’s a difference between being a badboy and an idiot who’s a PIA. Deuce, you’re just stringin’ us, ain’tcha? We’re gonna get to UnCon and find out you’re a stone-cold Romeo; at which time you’ll have a nice hearty laugh at having us all on, won’tcha? But, let me ask you this: Can you jump from space to a planet surface, stand up, shake it off, and still be able to make a simple shoulder examination look like foreplay? (“May”) Oh, and another big lady trapper; that air of vulnerability wrapped in all that strength. Let’s face it, Kai is a swoon-fest, wrapped in a heartthrob, wrapped in a siiiighhhhh.

——————
    There is no character, howsoever good and fine, but it can be destroyed by ridicule, howsoever poor and witless. Observe the ass, for instance: his character is about perfect, he is the choicest spirit among all the humbler animals, yet see what ridicule has brought him to. Instead of feeling
    complimented when we are called an ass, we are left in doubt. (Twain)

Anonymous

You people are all nuts.

Well, all except for 2 of you.

I explained the name if you genii would just read the posts!

Anonymous

You people are all nuts.

Anonymous

quote:

You people are all nuts.

It’s DalekTek790. Deuce X. MacInaugh is a name based on the Greek theatrical stage convention “Deus ex machina,” which actually means, as BC said, “God out of machine.” Deuce, however, said that it means “God in the machine,” so we can assume that this is what he thinks it meant. DalekTek790’s moniker is taken from 3 cyborgs, part human, part machine. God in the machine. God is represented by what some view as “His” greatest creation, and the God role is enhanced by the trinity of cyborgs invoked in the name.

The third name? I’m thinking, in my own perverse fashion, that it’s Xevpanties, the name that started all this mess.

–Aleck

Anonymous

quote:

You people are all nuts.

It’s DalekTek790. Deuce X. MacInaugh is a name based on the Greek theatrical stage convention “Deus ex machina,” which actually means, as BC said, “God out of machine.” Deuce, however, said that it means “God in the machine,” so we can assume that this is what he thinks it meant. DalekTek790’s moniker is taken from 3 cyborgs, part human, part machine. God in the machine. God is represented by what some view as “His” greatest creation, and the God role is enhanced by the trinity of cyborgs invoked in the name.

The third name? I’m thinking, in my own perverse fashion, that it’s Xevpanties, the name that started all this mess.

–Aleck

lizard
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by BlackCloud:

Eu·phe·mism:”The act or an example of substituting a mild, indirect, or vague term for one considered harsh, blunt, or offensive.”

[/B]

Good lord! I have offended people who like to watch Lexx with my naughty talk! I must have sunk to a new low, what next! I have been edited!

From now on I will watch my language on this dainty board…

Actually, some of you may be younger than I think. Young and tender.

lizard
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by BlackCloud:

Eu·phe·mism:”The act or an example of substituting a mild, indirect, or vague term for one considered harsh, blunt, or offensive.”

[/B]

Good lord! I have offended people who like to watch Lexx with my naughty talk! I must have sunk to a new low, what next! I have been edited!

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

“Deuce X. MacInaugh” is a pun, from Deus ex Machina, a Latin term meaning “God as machine.” It referrs [sic] to divine intervention in the guise of natural phenomena.

I didn’t think any of you would be smart enough (or would care enough) to figure out that I was the one posting under the alias.

The other alias (I figured) was more obvious. It’s not what Aleck thinks, though. I’m not crazy enough to argue with myself.

Oh, and Aleck, you’re reading way too much into my posts.

——————

“Exterminate!” -Dalek warrior, The Daleks: Episode 4-The Ambush

“Feel the power of the dark Crystal!” -skekTek the Scientist, The Dark Crystal

“I will love you forever!” -drone #790, Lexx 1.1: I Worship His Shadow

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

“Deuce X. MacInaugh” is a pun, from Deus ex Machina, a Latin term meaning “God as machine.” It referrs [sic] to divine intervention in the guise of natural phenomena.

I didn’t think any of you would be smart enough (or would care enough) to figure out that I was the one posting under the alias.

The other alias (I figured) was more obvious. It’s not what Aleck thinks, though. I’m not crazy enough to argue with myself.

——————

“Exterminate!” -Dalek warrior, The Daleks: Episode 4-The Ambush

“Feel the power of the dark Crystal!” -skekTek the Scientist, The Dark Crystal

“I will love you forever!” -drone #790, Lexx 1.1: I Worship His Shadow

trillian
    Participant

quote:

[/B]

Hey, guess what? Your right, I don’t flipping care.

And once again, a backhanded insult from you. Surprise, surprise…NOT.

trillian
    Participant

quote:

[/B]

Hey, guess what? Your right, I don’t flipping care.

And once again, a backhanded insult from you. Surprise, surprise…NOT.

Anonymous

quote:

yes and tasty too lizard, whenever i visit my friends with children i am continually editing myself, and although sad does have a warning posted at the home page, there are people close to or under eighteen here, including deuce/dalek tek, so you didn’t cross my eyes any, but i suppose we have to be somewhat circumspect around the young ‘uns

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.