2nd buffy—Whoa!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    FX
    Participant

okay, it started slow but jeez, spike is really ruling so far…what a load of guilt to place on buffy, watching him lose his mind as he crisps himself on the cross…and how about dawn threatening spike? and how about xander finally telling anya that “that excuse doesn’t work anymore”…great episode, this season is really starting strong

Headgehog
    Participant

I’d have to agree, the episode started off slow. I kept thinking to myself “I liked this story better when its stared Kevin Bacon, and the monster/demon was called a Graboid”
    The last half of the episode has left me very confused. So does Spike have a soul? What was Anya refering to when she asked Spike how he did “it”? Is Spike crazy and imagined the evil changling dude, or is he just playing Hamlet? And generally, WTF just happened?

[ 02-10-2002: Message edited by: Headgehog ]

FX
    Participant

Originally posted by Headgehog:
    I’d have to agree, the episode started off slow. I kept thinking to myself “I liked this story better when its stared Kevin Bacon, and the monster/demon was called a Graboid”

Bite your tongue!!

The last half of the episode has left me very confused. So does Spike have a soul? What was Anya refering to when she asked Spike how he did “it”? Is Spike crazy and imagined the evil changling dude, or is he just playing Hamlet? And generally, WTF just happened?

yes spikey has a soul, that was the ‘it’ Anya was referring to; remember she suddenly looks closely at him and starts babbling about ‘it’, and how did he get ‘it’ back…then he punches her before she can tell everyone that he regained his soul…as far as changeling; hard to tell if spikey was still trying to save face and not admit to buffy what happened, or if he is still ‘conflicted’…remember at the end when he finally tells her, he is completely demoralized over the fact that buffy hasn’t figured out that he really has changed, and that his having a soul hasn’t made a bit of difference to her…although there really was no way for her to know that the new and improved spike is for real…spike has been in love with her for a while, and has tried to show it, and she still didn’t love him…remember last season she told him she could never love him, and not just after the attempted rape; several times she made it clear that he was just a thing, or a demon, or whatever…and that her affair with him was messing up her mind

Headgehog
    Participant

Thanks for clearing that up for me.
    But I still think “graboid” sounds cooler then “slugoff”

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Headgehog:
    Thanks for clearing that up for me.
    But I still think “graboid” sounds cooler then “slugoff”

I thought he was saying “sluggoth demon,” which is still cheesy as all get-out, but has a kind of punning link to H.P. Lovecraft and the shoggoths that inhabit his work.

–Aleck

Anonymous

Wow. For the rumour that this season was going to be less intense, I shudder at what they will consider an intense ep. I was just blown away. Man, the toughest part was watching Spike sizzle and not even seem to feel the agony. Buffy was also remarkable. Sara Michelle Gellar has really matured as an actress. James Marsters is finally able to spread his wings with the “soulful” Spike. It’s a pleasure to watch him (well, he always was a hottie)perform.

Anonymous

Yeah, Kevin Bacon… mmm…
    Still, at least we have Spike to stand up for him.
    I don’t think Buffy will allow him to place any guilt on her. She seemed determined to be guilt-free this season. Is it of the good, what do you think?
    Watching Spike sizzle oddly reminded me of the first season episode “Angel”, when Buffy kissed said Angel and her cross pendant burnt into his chest. He didn’t even flinch, either. Funny how Angel did not notice the pain because he was lost in the bliss of Buffy kissage, and Spike did not notice the pain because he has so much of it already.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.