5:04 – Hellbound. SPOILERS

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Angel 5:04 – Hellbound. SPOILERS

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

From slayage.com highlight to read
    As Halloween dawns on Los Angeles, Spike is being tormented by the spirit of a brutal, wiccan surgeon named Pavayne. Since his magic helps him stay out of hell, he wanders around Wolfram & Hart cleaning up the loose spirits. With growing concern for Spike, Fred tries frantically to find a way to make him corporeal and prevent him from being sent to hell. While Spike battles it out with Pavayne, Fred arrives with her new contraption. As she is attacked by Pavayne, Spike is faced with a choice. He can save Fred, or he can use her machine to become corporeal.

Hmm. This episode was a bit of a damp squib too. I’m beginning to wonder if the Angel arc will appear in this season at all. Some say that Whedon is less keen to have an arc because of TV executive pressure (arcs only satisfy dedicated fans – others miss an episode and don’t come back)

Fred’s character is beginning to annoy me. Have you seen how much attention they are giving here to make her more attractive? Although Cordy was a little dumpy in the last season (pregnant much!), Fred would certainly be a poor substitute in terms of sex-appeal.

Angel still keep getting nastier. I still think that Wolfram & Heart’s tactic is to give him loads of power in the hope that it corrupts him. Hell, it’s making him weirder – chastising Fred by telling her that her department was over-budget was new!

Maybe it’s me, but dispite the characters fighting evil and all, they still seem to be wondering around with nothing to do. DOing good deeds from within Wolfram & Heart seems only a little better than when they were on their own.

THere is a distinct lack of a big bad!

Jennicide
    Participant

We havent got the new angel season yet, i dont think it starts here until feb. next year. ๐Ÿ™

but i’ve been reading the transcripts on buffyworld.com and from what I can gather, they’re simply doing what they’ve been doing for the last few seasons. They’re exploring characters. Angel has always been a bit weird – it’s just a little more prominant now coz he’s got more power as head of W&H.

And, as for a big bad, they don’t usually turn up till later in the series anyway.

As for an arc, I’m not sure. There are a few theories, one being that the spike vs. angel thing will be it. I couldn’t really say. There’s a distinct lack of atmosphere when it comes to reading the transcripts.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.