5:05 – Life of the Party – SPOILERS

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Angel 5:05 – Life of the Party – SPOILERS

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

This was a pretty good episode. Still not sure about Spike though. He seems as though he’s been stuck in there at the last minute. You can almost imagine it in the Wheddon boardroom. “So, what are we gonna do with Spike? I know, lets just plonk him in each episode until we can work out what to do!”

The ships bike was flirting around and causing sexual angst as normal – I’m really getting to dislike the Fred character. Gun was pretty cool, peeing on Angels shoes was a first in fantasy TV I thought, and Wesley played the hurt academic very well, as usual.

Angel though, was completely out of order for bonking the evil one’s right hand girl. The last scene was a bit wierd! When Angel said they should talk about the experience, she seemed to dismiss it and then (with her back turned) she looked a bit worried/pissed/concerned (dunno which, it all happened a bit quick). Is this the gona be a theme during the series – do Angel and evil bitch have a thing going?

Lorne was a diamond as usual, excelently played (except for the Lorne Hulk character – bloody stupid that! Is ‘Hulk’ still fashionable following the film disaster?

I’d rate it a 7 out of 10 – what did you think?

Sorry for the garble. Watched the episode while drinking a quarter bottle of vodka infused with chillies in it (the real McKoy from Siberia) – My mouth feels like a boiled carrot and my brain is a bit fried. ๐Ÿ˜€

Anonymous

I thought it was great. Excellent writing on the part of Ben Edlund, capturing a side of Lorne that we don’t get to see that often. And I thought everything went off really well. The interaction between the characters, Spike’s “positivity”, Gunn pissing on everything (even Angel’s chair!) — it was Wes’ shoes, BTW, not Angel’s, and the bits of small talk between even the smallest of players was very well-written and witty. And personally I like Fred. She’s one of my favorite characters on the show, actually. But most of all, this was Lorne’s showcase, and Andy Hallett played it to perfection. He was just on the entire episode.

But how can you say that Angel was out of order for bonking Eve? He didn’t have anything to do with it! It’s like saying that Gunn was out of order for pissing all over the office. On that topic, though, I thought that the most subtly racy bit about the episode — and something that I didn’t think they’d do on US TV — was imply what sexual position Angel and Eve were engaging in. Watch it closely, and watch how they emerge from behind the couch. I won’t go any farther than that.

Anonymous

WOW! I didn’t realise Ben Edlund wrote it! (geezer who did (created) The Tick cartoon series) It’s certainly a better episode that the crap he did for that episode of Firefly.

Interesting, I thought some of the lines (mainly the comedic ones) were a little forced and he could surely have done more about Spike being such a damp squib, but maybe that’s just me being over critical about such a well respected writer.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.