790 love slave

Viewing 43 posts - 1 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Seeing as how 790 recieved the love slave brainwashing and the first thing he see’s he automatically falls in love with and seems to have a built in hatred of Stanley what would happen if stan had fixed 790 and Stan where the first and only person 790 saw how would he react would the two cause him to malfunction or what?

Anonymous

I’d like to see that!

Anonymous

I’d like to see that!

Anonymous

He’d probably just love Stanley, since it is a programmed thing. The only reason he hated Stanley so much the first two seasons is because Stan represented a real threat to 790’s tortured love of Xev. After all, Stan had a ‘love muscle.’ Kai was dead and not interested. Stan wanted her all the time. In season three, 790 is nowhere near as mean to Stan, as he was in the previous episodes. So, I’m hoping 790 falls back in love with Xev. I miss those wonderful one-liners and rips that he tossed at Stanley. Now, he’s just a peevish, scorned, whiny girl and that is not always entertaining. But, if 790 did fall in love with Stanley, I think Stan would be the one malfunctioning; it would drive him nutz!

——————
    “mitaku oyasin”

Anonymous

He’d probably just love Stanley, since it is a programmed thing. The only reason he hated Stanley so much the first two seasons is because Stan represented a real threat to 790’s tortured love of Xev. After all, Stan had a ‘love muscle.’ Kai was dead and not interested. Stan wanted her all the time. In season three, 790 is nowhere near as mean to Stan, as he was in the previous episodes. So, I’m hoping 790 falls back in love with Xev. I miss those wonderful one-liners and rips that he tossed at Stanley. Now, he’s just a peevish, scorned, whiny girl and that is not always entertaining. But, if 790 did fall in love with Stanley, I think Stan would be the one malfunctioning; it would drive him nutz!

——————
    “mitaku oyasin”

Anonymous

Originally posted by BlackCloud:
    790 is nowhere near as mean to Stan, as he was in the previous episodes. So, I’m hoping 790 falls back in love with Xev. I miss those wonderful one-liners and rips that he tossed at Stanley. Now, he’s just a peevish, scorned, whiny girl and that is not always entertaining

i agree blackie in the sense that 790 is not getting as much latitude as in series2, partly because much of the time is spent off-lexx, and partly because there was a falling out between hirschfield and the rest of the beans maybe? several accounts of last year’s uncon mention how surprised paul donovan was at the enthusiastic response to more 790, so maybe the beans will let 790 rip again, we shall see…i still think there are lots of possibilities for good fun snidery no matter who 790 is in love with

Anonymous

Originally posted by BlackCloud:
    790 is nowhere near as mean to Stan, as he was in the previous episodes. So, I’m hoping 790 falls back in love with Xev. I miss those wonderful one-liners and rips that he tossed at Stanley. Now, he’s just a peevish, scorned, whiny girl and that is not always entertaining

i agree blackie in the sense that 790 is not getting as much latitude as in series2, partly because much of the time is spent off-lexx, and partly because there was a falling out between hirschfield and the rest of the beans maybe? several accounts of last year’s uncon mention how surprised paul donovan was at the enthusiastic response to more 790, so maybe the beans will let 790 rip again, we shall see…i still think there are lots of possibilities for good fun snidery no matter who 790 is in love with

Anonymous

790 had some of the best lines in the whole series. It’s kinda weird that the head Bean dude, didn’t ken that; the fans certainly did. 790 was the only one of the good guys on the show without any sort of moral compass whatsoever, outside of his love for Xev. And, he was utterly shameless about it! Even Stanley Gotta-Get-Some Tweedle had some sort of moral code. So, 790 was able to tell Moss to kill himself and everyone else on the Lexx or tell Stanley to sacrifice himself for Xev. Both totally outrageous and unreasonable requests but funny when they came from that Xev-myopic robot head. I can’t get enough of him!

——————
    “mitaku oyasin”

Anonymous

790 had some of the best lines in the whole series. It’s kinda weird that the head Bean dude, didn’t ken that; the fans certainly did. 790 was the only one of the good guys on the show without any sort of moral compass whatsoever, outside of his love for Xev. And, he was utterly shameless about it! Even Stanley Gotta-Get-Some Tweedle had some sort of moral code. So, 790 was able to tell Moss to kill himself and everyone else on the Lexx or tell Stanley to sacrifice himself for Xev. Both totally outrageous and unreasonable requests but funny when they came from that Xev-myopic robot head. I can’t get enough of him!

——————
    “mitaku oyasin”

crusader
    Participant

Well, the writers said that they had planed to make 790 fal in love with Stan in series 4!
    Maybe they change there minds! Hoe knows!!!

——————
    I am the crusader

crusader
    Participant

Well, the writers said that they had planed to make 790 fal in love with Stan in series 4!
    Maybe they change there minds! Hoe knows!!!

——————
    I am the crusader

Anonymous

Augggh, words too big, augggh!
    *grunt* *scratchscratch*
    *YAWN*
    Scuze me, just getting up.

790 is priceless. How else would we now have a voice to express our innermost Kai-ish desires? I’d still like to see if 790 has the capability to … uh … achieve something close to an orgasm. I noticed him..I mean HER trying, at anyrate.
    And what the heck is in her neck-stalk???

——————
    ~~~Rustam~~~ “Help me, Lexx is eating my brain!”~~~~

Anonymous

Augggh, words too big, augggh!
    *grunt* *scratchscratch*
    *YAWN*
    Scuze me, just getting up.

790 is priceless. How else would we now have a voice to express our innermost Kai-ish desires? I’d still like to see if 790 has the capability to … uh … achieve something close to an orgasm. I noticed him..I mean HER trying, at anyrate.
    And what the heck is in her neck-stalk???

——————
    ~~~Rustam~~~ “Help me, Lexx is eating my brain!”~~~~

Anonymous

Yes,exactly.When I first saw that Kai was messing with 790’s metalic parts,I thought “wow”-“he can assemble parts and kill!”.I miss 790’s poetry and funnieness.Now it’s gone.I thought my ears were deceiving me because I thought he said to zev,”I will love you forever”.But all he does is bitch and cry and he “loves” Kai.As Alyssa (my friend) as my witness,I will complain to Paul Donovan about the 790 screw up plot!!

“The dead do not give a bloody hell”:P

Anonymous

Yes,exactly.When I first saw that Kai was messing with 790’s metalic parts,I thought “wow”-“he can assemble parts and kill!”.I miss 790’s poetry and funnieness.Now it’s gone.I thought my ears were deceiving me because I thought he said to zev,”I will love you forever”.But all he does is bitch and cry and he “loves” Kai.As Alyssa (my friend) as my witness,I will complain to Paul Donovan about the 790 screw up plot!!

“The dead do not give a bloody hell”:P

trillian
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by kornholio:
    Seeing as how 790 recieved the love slave brainwashing and the first thing he see’s he automatically falls in love with and seems to have a built in hatred of Stanley what would happen if stan had fixed 790 and Stan where the first and only person 790 saw how would he react would the two cause him to malfunction or what?

*think, think, think* If 790 remembers his hatred of Stan, think of the havoc that could cause on him! “Oh, Stan, you big luscious hunk you….ick! what am I saying?”

tehe, OH the possibilities! Seeing as I’ve only experienced this sort of love/hate …well, nm, we all have experienced beer goggles, right? So there is no need to further explain that sort of ambiguity. (did I spell that correct? Hope so.)

——————
    “…we will be restoring normality just as soon as we are sure what normal is anyway.”

[This message has been edited by trillian (edited February 16, 2001).]

trillian
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by kornholio:

*think, think, think* If 790 remembers his hatred of Stan, think of the havoc that could cause on him! “Oh, Stan, you big luscious hunk you….ick! what am I saying?”

tehe, OH the possibilities! Seeing as I’ve only experienced this sort of love/hate …well, nm, we all have experienced beer goggles, right? So there is no need to further explain that sort of ambiguity. (did I spell that correct? Hope so.)

——————
    “…we will be restoring normality just as soon as we are sure what normal is anyway.”

[This message has been edited by trillian (edited February 16, 2001).]

Anonymous

totally 790 would malfunction or something “oh stan i want live in your underp, kai kill him”

Anonymous

totally 790 would malfunction or something “oh stan i want live in your underp, kai kill him”

Anonymous

Stan would not have been able to put 790 back together. For one thing he would have climb down the bridge support to get him which I doubt Stan is likely to do for a robot head. And we all know how bad Stan is with electronics: when he tried to figure out how a drone worked in 2.20 he got nowhere.
    Sorry about that- I’m ill and feeling a bit bitter!
    I do want 790 back in love iwth Xev but it would be interesting to see him fall in love with Tweedle!
    On a smiliar theme..will Stan get the key back in season 4?

——————
    “Prick your finger it is done. The moon has now eclipsed the sun. The angel has spread it’s wings, the time has come for better things…”

[This message has been edited by Mercury (edited February 22, 2001).]

Anonymous

Stan would not have been able to put 790 back together. For one thing he would have climb down the bridge support to get him which I doubt Stan is likely to do for a robot head. And we all know how bad Stan is with electronics: when he tried to figure out how a drone worked in 2.20 he got nowhere.
    Sorry about that- I’m ill and feeling a bit bitter!
    I do want 790 back in love iwth Xev but it would be interesting to see him fall in love with Tweedle!
    On a smiliar theme..will Stan get the key back in season 4?

——————
    “Prick your finger it is done. The moon has now eclipsed the sun. The angel has spread it’s wings, the time has come for better things…”

[This message has been edited by Mercury (edited February 22, 2001).]

Anonymous

Hope you’re feelin’ better soon, Mercury! Oh, Trillian, I never thought about 790 fallin’ in love with Stan and still remembering that he hated him, too. That would be funny! Poor robothead would be absolutely schizo! Hah!

******************BlackCloud*****************

Anonymous

Hope you’re feelin’ better soon, Mercury! Oh, Trillian, I never thought about 790 fallin’ in love with Stan and still remembering that he hated him, too. That would be funny! Poor robothead would be absolutely schizo! Hah!

******************BlackCloud*****************

trillian
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by NuageNoir:

******************BlackCloud*****************[/B]

Oooops, blackie, you’ve picked my imagination off and dusted it rightly. Now it’s shining bright and needs to be used.

790: Oh, Stan, Stan
    How I wish to caress your….
    NOOOOOOOOOOO, I can’t, I won’t,….GAHHHHH.
    *sigh* So manly, so squishabley warm, so alive…gahhhh!!! Stop that! Who said that? No, no, it wasn’t me…

I’m sure this would amuse all the therapists and psychology enthusiasts. Insanity is always so fun to write. *snarf*

——————

trillian
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by NuageNoir:

******************BlackCloud*****************[/B]

Oooops, blackie, you’ve picked my imagination off and dusted it rightly. Now it’s shining bright and needs to be used.

790: Oh, Stan, Stan
    How I wish to caress your….
    NOOOOOOOOOOO, I can’t, I won’t,….GAHHHHH.
    *sigh* So manly, so squishabley warm, so alive…gahhhh!!! Stop that! Who said that? No, no, it wasn’t me…

I’m sure this would amuse all the therapists and psychology enthusiasts. Insanity is always so fun to write. *snarf*

——————

Anonymous

can you imagine the kinds of poems he would write about stan if he fell in love especially since the next season is supposede to be based on humor

Anonymous

can you imagine the kinds of poems he would write about stan if he fell in love especially since the next season is supposede to be based on humor

Anonymous

I think it would be very tacky to have 790 break again in the fourth series but it still would be interesting seeing him fall in love with stan

——————

Anonymous

I think it would be very tacky to have 790 break again in the fourth series but it still would be interesting seeing him fall in love with stan

——————

DalekTek790
    Participant

I don’t think it’s ever actually addressed in any episode, but I’ve always assumed that 790’s contempt for Stan came from his pre-love-slave programming. He would have been programmed to consider security guards as the low, and level 4 security guards as the lowest of the low.

I, personally, would like to see 790 male again. The Stan thing could be good, but not for a full season. Maybe when Kai (or somebody) is trying to reprogram him to love Zev again, it will screw up and he’ll have a thing for Stan until the error is quickly corrected.

Any way, 790 is one of the best characters on Lexx, and certainly the funniest!

By the way, does anyone else think 790 sounds like Salem (from Sabrina the Teenage Witch)? At first I thought it was the same voice actor.

——————

“Exterminate!” -Dalek warrior, The Daleks: Episode 4-The Ambush

“Feel the power of the dark Crystal!” -skekTek the Scientist, The Dark Crystal

“I will love you forever!” -drone #790, Lexx 1.1: I Worship His Shadow

DalekTek790
    Participant

I don’t think it’s ever actually addressed in any episode, but I’ve always assumed that 790’s contempt for Stan came from his pre-love-slave programming. He would have been programmed to consider security guards as the low, and level 4 security guards as the lowest of the low.

I, personally, would like to see 790 male again. The Stan thing could be good, but not for a full season. Maybe when Kai (or somebody) is trying to reprogram him to love Zev again, it will screw up and he’ll have a thing for Stan until the error is quickly corrected.

Any way, 790 is one of the best characters on Lexx, and certainly the funniest!

By the way, does anyone else think 790 sounds like Salem (from Sabrina the Teenage Witch)? At first I thought it was the same voice actor.

——————

“Exterminate!” -Dalek warrior, The Daleks: Episode 4-The Ambush

“Feel the power of the dark Crystal!” -skekTek the Scientist, The Dark Crystal

“I will love you forever!” -drone #790, Lexx 1.1: I Worship His Shadow

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:

They do sound a bit alike. The voice of Salem is (or at least *used* to be, I haven’t watched it in a looonng while) Martin Mull, who is a funny guy in his own right. Used to watch his best work (IMHO) “Fernwood 2-Night” on a regular basis.

–Aleck

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:

They do sound a bit alike. The voice of Salem is (or at least *used* to be, I haven’t watched it in a looonng while) Martin Mull, who is a funny guy in his own right. Used to watch his best work (IMHO) “Fernwood 2-Night” on a regular basis.

–Aleck

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Aleck:

I take that back. That wasn’t Mull as Salem, he was the principal of the school. Nick Bakay did the voice of Salem. I remember his voice as sounding similar to Mull’s, though. Nick Bakay is a funny guy, too, anyways.

–Aleck

Anonymous

quote:

I take that back. That wasn’t Mull as Salem, he was the principal of the school. Nick Bakay did the voice of Salem. I remember his voice as sounding similar to Mull’s, though. Nick Bakay is a funny guy, too, anyways.

–Aleck

Anonymous

call me crazy but i love the whole kai/790 thing…it’s just so much…what’s the word…SILLIER than him loving xev…and isn’t silliness what 790’s there for?

——————
    Gideon: I thought you said you don’t hold a grudge.
    Galen: I don’t. I have no living enemies. At all.

Anonymous

call me crazy but i love the whole kai/790 thing…it’s just so much…what’s the word…SILLIER than him loving xev…and isn’t silliness what 790’s there for?

——————

Anonymous

To be perfectly honest, I continued to watch “LEXX” not because of the “dead guy” or the “love slave, cluster lizard”, but because of the conversations, to put it nicely, between Stan and 790. I am an avid reader of “MAD MAGAZINE” and I thought that “GALAXY QUEST” was one of the best movies I’ve seen in a long while. I still laugh when I think of 790 telling Stan that…..”he’s stupid and you are the captain of the stupid.” I wonder what kind of “LEXX’ fan that makes me?

Anonymous

To be perfectly honest, I continued to watch “LEXX” not because of the “dead guy” or the “love slave, cluster lizard”, but because of the conversations, to put it nicely, between Stan and 790. I am an avid reader of “MAD MAGAZINE” and I thought that “GALAXY QUEST” was one of the best movies I’ve seen in a long while. I still laugh when I think of 790 telling Stan that…..”he’s stupid and you are the captain of the stupid.” I wonder what kind of “LEXX’ fan that makes me?

Anonymous

There’s nothing wrong with that. 790 and Stan have some great exchanges!

790: If I only had a body I would be Xev’s lovin’ man, if I only had a body I could finally pummel Stan…

——————

Anonymous

There’s nothing wrong with that. 790 and Stan have some great exchanges!

790: If I only had a body I would be Xev’s lovin’ man, if I only had a body I could finally pummel Stan…

——————

Anonymous

quote:

–Aleck

Ah, Fernwood 2-Night! I loved it, why don’t they dust off the tapes and let a whole new generation laugh…..Who could forget the bandleader, Happy Kind??? And the Chin-o-donists? Aleck, do you remember the name of the little girl, the Shirley Temple, wannabe??? Remember when they dressed the mice in leisure suits to see if they caused cancer????? Thanks for jarring my memory about Good, old, Fernwood-2-Night!!!

Anonymous

quote:

–Aleck

Ah, Fernwood 2-Night! I loved it, why don’t they dust off the tapes and let a whole new generation laugh…..Who could forget the bandleader, Happy Kind??? And the Chin-o-donists? Aleck, do you remember the name of the little girl, the Shirley Temple, wannabe??? Remember when they dressed the mice in leisure suits to see if they caused cancer????? Thanks for jarring my memory about Good, old, Fernwood-2-Night!!!

Viewing 43 posts - 1 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.