A Lexx UScon Briagade to Dragon Con 2003

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi Sci Fi Conventions A Lexx UScon Briagade to Dragon Con 2003

Viewing 43 posts - 1 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    theFrey
    Participant

is a go. It is very doable people. So mark your calendars for next Labor Day and lets get planning!

I saw a lot of groups there including several squadrons of Star Wars fans. And yes… even Elvis. TheSpouse was much releived, Elvis did not show up until Sunday, and he thought we were going to be Elvis-less. Apparently that did not bear thinking about.

I am going to get the info we need to start the push for Lexx Cast Participation for next year. Also we can start tossing out some ideas for next years parade and Maskerade.

I met quite a few non-board and casual Lexx fans there and know we would have a great reception. Our own HDS, his wife and brother-in-law were quite the hit as Kai, Xev and Stan.

Can I have first refusal rights on the old time prophet? If I go in costume, I need a flowy roby kind of thing. Before you answer, remebber that the happier a Frey is, the faster she writes and posts her pictures and reports.

Lexxians Dragon Con info http://www.thefrey.com/UsCon.htm

[ 03-11-2002: Message edited by: thefrey ]

Anonymous

Dragon Con was fantastic! Everyone should give serious consideration to attending next year! And even tho I didn’t get to spend much time with frey and the Lexx entourage (which I sorely regret), anytime I ran into them and said hi, there must have been half a dozen people who stopped me (in and out of costume) and asked about Kai,Xev,Stan,H.D.S. and Flamegrape in his Brunnen G uniform (all portrayed so realistically it was, well…scarey!) And by the way, if Michael McMannes had H.D.S.’s (he was Kai at D.C.)personality, he would be unstoppable. T_T

Flamegrape
    Participant

DragonCon 2002 rocked! I’ve been to this convention before, but I never had this much fun. I think I had so much fun because I was there with my fellow Lexx fans. We were a small but visible group. Every few minutes, someone would stop the costumed trio in the halls to get their photo. It was sooooo cool! And it was wonderful to meet some of my online buddies in person for the first time. We had a good time on Saturday night after the Lexx panel discussion.

We need to get Brian to DragonCon 2003! Of the three main actors, I think he would be the most open to the idea. It would be swell if Xenia could come because she would attract plenty of Xev-droolers. I couldn’t guess about any of the other actors, but it seems to me that others could be available. MMM thwack (sp?) is out of the question so forget the idea of having him come.

But next year, it would be great to see more people in Lexx costume! A round of applause for HDS and his costumes. They were amazing in their complete and total accuracy! Fans at the convention were very impressed! And although HDS had a friend wear the actual costume of His Divine Shadow, someone else was there wearing an His Divine Shadow that looked even better than the weathered original!

Next year, I think I’ll work on a simple Divine order cleric costume. I can picture several of them being made for people because the design is so simple. If we had that guy with the really nice His Shadow costume return, we would look very scary indeed!

I’ll let HDS describe our appearance at the Masquerade. But I will say this. Every year I seem to always forget that this event is the climax of the convention. As we left the backstage, there was hundred-meter-long “perp walk” completely packed with people with cameras creating that unbelievable blinding effect of constant flashes. I had no idea. I felt like dork schlepping my backpack. Note for next time! (And there will be a next time!)

A little side note for any Farscape fans. There were some really cool Farscape costumes! I’ve decide that I’m going to go as John Chriton or a Peacekeeper next year for a “hall costume”. At DragonCon this year, I bought my very own resin model of Winnona (heeheeehee).

Conventions are so much more fun if you are wearing a costume! I had never done this before but had always thought about. And there I was, wearing a Brunnen-G costume! Thank you again, HDS! We’ve got to do this sort of thing again next year!

Anonymous

Frey, I will look into making you a Timeprophet costume I wish I saved the pic of it from ebay but I will see what I can do.

Trini_T, We missed having ya around! You and your hubby were great. I hope I can get you into a costume sometime “May”?

I had a awsome time with everyone and hope I did the crew of the LEXX justus and help the show get to more people.

HDS

Anonymous

FLAME!!! I was great having you with us! I’m happy you had a good time. You and everybody was just fantastic!

If I had it my way, I would have everybody in costume! We are already looking at next years Lexxian show =)

I hope we can get the some of the cast there, that would just top everything.

Did you get to find your Farscape gun?

HDS

Anonymous

TRY TO GET ME IN COSTUME!!!! Try keeping me OUT of one next year would be the hard part! Yep- I wanna do May…I already have a crossbow, and I LOVE those tattoos she had! I’m also pretty fired up about you guys getting screwed over at the masquerade…too difficult to cue the music?!!! I didn’t know a skit was part of the masquerade-I have some (limited) stage experience and would like to help put something together next year on the main stage if you go that route again! And I WON’T let’em screw up the music! T_T

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Trini_T:
    TRY TO GET ME IN COSTUME!!!! Try keeping me OUT of one next year would be the hard part! Yep- I wanna do May…I already have a crossbow, and I LOVE those tattoos she had! I’m also pretty fired up about you guys getting screwed over at the masquerade…too difficult to cue the music?!!! I didn’t know a skit was part of the masquerade-I have some (limited) stage experience and would like to help put something together next year on the main stage if you go that route again! And I WON’T let’em screw up the music! T_T

You can kill’um with your crossbow!

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by thefrey:

Can I have first refusal rights on the old time prophet? If I go in costume, I need a flowy roby kind of thing. Before you answer, remebber that the happier a Frey is, the faster she writes and posts her pictures and reports.

Who would dare stop you?

Sounds like everyone had a great time–tell us more!

elmey

theFrey
    Participant

I’m on page five right now. I hope to have it done by thursday. So hopefully Tonly can post it Friday or Saturday. Many, many thanks to Todd (HDS’s Brother-in-law) for the extra pictures to fill out my report.

You all were wonderful. I enjoyed every minute of it, and I am glad I got a chance to meet Tini and her Hubby, Stephene,Mandara K, flame, HDS and of course the lovely Tree and her Brother Todd!

Tree deserves an extra vote of thanks for being such a fine Xev, and not complaining once about wearing the killer boots for three days in a row! Yeah Tree!

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by HisDivineShadow:

“This is Winona, my pulse pistol.” – Cmdr. John Crichton.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by stormsweeper:

“This is Winona, my pulse pistol.” – Cmdr. John Crichton.

Didnt know that, now I do

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by thefrey:
    I’m on page five right now. I hope to have it done by thursday. So hopefully Tonly can post it Friday or Saturday. Many, many thanks to Todd (HDS’s Brother-in-law) for the extra pictures to fill out my report.

You all were wonderful. I enjoyed every minute of it, and I am glad I got a chance to meet Tini and her Hubby, Stephene,Mandara K, flame, HDS and of course the lovely Tree and her Brother Todd!

Tree deserves an extra vote of thanks for being such a fine Xev, and not complaining once about wearing the killer boots for three days in a row! Yeah Tree!

I will pass it along!

Dont forget yourself, you did direct everybody and had the cart! Cheers Cheers!
    HDS

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by HisDivineShadow:

Winnona is safe within my keeping.

Now for the rest of the costume…

[ 04-09-2002: Message edited by: Flamegrape ]

Anonymous

Hey Girl! Good to be home, or what! T_T

Jhevz
    Participant

Dragon*Con was wonderful; just being there for the 1st time & fulfilling 1 of my dreams was pure excitement! I really enjoyed meeting every one of you & being able to put names to faces & so on. & guess what gang, I didn’t even have any trouble with my asthma while I was there; so next yr, I know now, I won’t have anything to worry about.
    Flamegrape, you were handsome in that outfit; HDS, wooooooooohooooooooo, you were hot in that outfit & so was your lovely wife; basically it was so nice to finally meet you, talk with you, have pictures taken with you & have fun with you very nice people; I just wish I had a chance to spend more time with you lovely, wonderful people. Frey, I’m so glad you got us together for such a fine & wonderful convention & I’d like to thank you all for helping me fulfill 1 of my dreams.
    May be next yr, some of us can become roommates & may be we can all spend more time with each other; especially singing `Yo-A-O’; that was fun.
    Take care all & thanks for helping me fulfill 1 of my dreams.

Lexxians United,
    Jhevz

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by mandara k:
    I’m back and safe kiddies. My undying gratitude to all especially HDS and his lovely wife who was a beautiful Zev regardless of those Da… boots ( I feel your pain sweetie) I survived the trek home on Little Debbie Swiss Rolls and the (my best Scarlett O’Hara) “reliance on the kindness of strangers”. Thank you for your help all of you; you saved my traveling carcass.

Mandara K

Good too see you made it home, was great having you there with us! Had a great time =) I’m sure we can take over the pannels again next year .

HDS

Anonymous

OK, that’s it! If I have to duct tape the kids to their beds and leave them with food and water (of course), I’m coming next year! Given time, I think I can work past my blinding envy of all you Dragon Con attendees, well, time and a report from theFrey. So HDS, what costume do you recommend?

Seriously, glad you all had such a good time! Frey: write woman, write! HDS won’t let us see the pics until the report is done!

Camelyn

Flamegrape
    Participant

I have a few pictures too. Not as many as Tree’s brother, but a few good ones.

Anonymous

Well Flamegrape, if they are up in cyberspace, point me to a URL and I’ll take a gander. From what I saw from last years pics, it should be quite an eyeful! If not up on a site, perhaps we can talk e-mail of some of the choicest ones? Pretty please?

Camelyn

Anonymous

Flamegrape, did the two pix you asked me to take of you guys in the lobby come out o.k? I probably jinx’d em when I assured you that my pictures always come out The one Neo took outside the Hyatt came out great, and I’ve got a great one of me & Stan, and Xev leaning her head on frey. Is there going to be a central site for posting these, or is everyone forwarding them to someone specific(frey?HDS?) Do you know?

Flamegrape
    Participant

Email theFrey about pics, I think.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Jhevz:
    Dragon*Con was wonderful; just being there for the 1st time & fulfilling 1 of my dreams was pure excitement! I really enjoyed meeting every one of you & being able to put names to faces & so on. & guess what gang, I didn’t even have any trouble with my asthma while I was there; so next yr, I know now, I won’t have anything to worry about.
    Flamegrape, you were handsome in that outfit; HDS, wooooooooohooooooooo, you were hot in that outfit & so was your lovely wife; basically it was so nice to finally meet you, talk with you, have pictures taken with you & have fun with you very nice people; I just wish I had a chance to spend more time with you lovely, wonderful people. Frey, I’m so glad you got us together for such a fine & wonderful convention & I’d like to thank you all for helping me fulfill 1 of my dreams.
    May be next yr, some of us can become roommates & may be we can all spend more time with each other; especially singing `Yo-A-O’; that was fun.
    Take care all & thanks for helping me fulfill 1 of my dreams.

Lexxians United,
    Jhevz

**Blush****

theFrey
    Participant

I will be finishing the article tonight. Any pictures I do not use on Sad’s article will be posted on my Kai Kaption site. So as soon as Sad published the article, I will release the dogs of war! Oh… wait. I will release the URL. D*mn, just doesn’t have the same ring to it does it?

*theFrey hunkers down and begins to type feverishly on her article.*

Anonymous

I all so have a slou of pics on my site but awaite Frey’s “Release of the hounds of Hell” no wait, I mean the write up before I post anything

HDS

mandara k
    Participant

I can’t wait to see these pics; it was soo hard to find peeps to take pics of there! They had a free for all in not only Sci-Fi but whomever wanted to dress up . I saw the two dudes from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas for heaven’s sake. It was a masquerade ball that lasted 3 days. I saw a lot of interesting stuff and some I really hope I never see again. It was anything goes.

HDS your friend as HDS was incredibly funny; I do love his impression of Mini Divine Shadow; quite funny. Too bad in the original his Badness couldn’t get the chicks he had at DC. Like Darth Vader there, chicks dig him.

I’m waiting for your report Miss Frey, you had better have that on my desk soon or you will fail this course (j/k sweetie) Actually you would be a good Time Prophet; me I’m not one for costumes; first of all I can never decide what I like; I want a sword and there was no LEXX stuff with swords.

I guess a cleric would be ok if I carry a staff and have freedom to wear what i want under the robe. And the hood, doing nothing without a good hood to hide my face.

Well, got to get back to RL.

Jhevz
    Participant

I’ve had such a wonderful time; not only did I fulfuill my dream, I met such really wonderful people to talk to & spend time with; it’s nice to know that there are people like you out there in the world.
    Camelyn, you’ll have a wonderful time there; you’ll even meet those of us who went last week & had a wonderful time.
    mangara k, it was so nice to finally meet you; you’re a nice lady.
    HDS, [**Blush**** ]; Ahhhhhhhhh
    I do want to thank you nice people again for helping me fulfill my dream; may be next yr, we can get-together & do the parade as 1 whole group.
    Take care & I’ll definitely see you nice, wonderful people, especially you HDS, next yr; have a great last of Summer & Fall.

Lexxians Unite,
    Jhevz

Anonymous

By kind permission, theFrey has let me to post the report on the DragonCon on this site also. It’s here:

Uncon Recon to DragonCon

theFrey
    Participant

Did you guys see this pic? That lady has a great figure for the season three Xev costume. I know, I know the hair is wrong, but it does suit her.

This was posted by the gentleman named Peter who made the Kai costume. Good effort there, he even got the Kai late-in-the-shooting-day five o’clock shadow right! Thanks for sharing.

Doh! It would help if I put the link in!!! http://www.barrenwasteland.com/albums/album34/aac.jpg

[ 03-11-2002: Message edited by: thefrey ]

Anonymous

I’m surprised! I never saw a split costume Xev when I was there…and I definitely didn’t see another Kai (other then HDS). She does look great! Oh, the fun of it all! Can’t wait! T_T

Anonymous

quote:

I’m surprised! I never saw a split costume Xev when I was there…and I definitely didn’t see another Kai (other then HDS). She does look great! Oh, the fun of it all! Can’t wait! T_T

Well, I can make you one Very easy. I may have Tree come as S3 Xev this time.

HDS

theFrey
    Participant

Actually Trini, this picture was from a recent Halloween Party… double Doh of me not to mention that.

theFrey
    Participant

Oh the Dragon Con parade banner is well on it’s way to becoming a lock. I contacted one of the Lexx.com’ers (Divine_Tyrannosaur) and he said we can jump off of his original design. http://dinoneill.mysitespace.com/lexxsig.gif with out upsetting him. I think I will move the divine order symbol for clarity and add extra cast ect… I just love this hds/kai grouping though. Wasn’t he sweet!

Our very own HDS has a machine that can print it up to 24″ wide, which is plenty for what we need to do. He has sent me his machine specs. I will check with a few of my sign shop supply vendors as soon as they are done with the end of the year crap and see if there is a sign velum (substraight) that will run directly through the machine. We bought a few for work that were printed on a kind of smooth plasticy-clothlike material, so I am fairly confident that it is possible. If not we can still do smaller transfers with a painted background or totally paint it. Whooo Hooo!

Okay, those of you who have been in band. What is a good finished size for a banner being carried by two people?

Flamegrape
    Participant

Ummm…

Far be it for me to be artisticly critical, but…

Isn’t it a little awkward to have MMM on the banner when he is not going to be there? It looks like a few of the other cast members are going to be there, but not MMM. I’m just imagining the parade with these celeberties there watching or possibly marching in the parade itself. To me, as a fan, seeing MMM on that banner would seem really strange.

I vote for a banner that doesn’t have any people on it. Just have the Lexx logo, the Divine Order symbol, the Lexx itself, a space background, maybe Fire & Water, etc. Maybe His Shadow would be good, but I think that would be the only “person” that might look good on the banner.

Are you guys locked into this design? I wasn’t aware of any banner being made for the parade. I just found out about it right now, reading this post.

theFrey
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Flamegrape:
    Ummm… Far be it for me to be artisticly critical, but…

Good don’t be. I find less people try to kill me when I am not.

Isn’t it a little awkward to have MMM on the banner when he is not going to be there?

It will? He was in Lexx Correct? So even if he is not there, it will be alright. Trust me. Besides I did say it was a jumping off point and that I think I will move the divine order symbol for clarity and add extra cast ect

I’m just imagining the parade with these celeberties there watching or possibly marching in the parade itself.

Well I did not notice any there last year, except the grand marshall Michele Nichols. Don’t worry so much Flame, it will be fine.

theFrey
    Participant

People, people, people. ๐Ÿ˜› This is a starting point. I did say ‘and add extra cast’ Twice in fact….

In fact sig’s owner had suggested grouping the baddies and the goodies. Which is what I was going to do. On one side, HDS, Prince, Mantrid, Giggy, ect…. on the other side Kai, Stan, Xev, Lyekka, Thodin, Time Prophet, and the moth breeders ect…

The only quandary I have is BUNNY! She has played good, but now she is hanging with the wrong crowd. Does this make her bad by association? She sees evil but does nothing to stop it?

Oh the dilemma….

Anonymous

I would put Bunny with the goodies-maybe on the end reaching out longingly to the mirror image of Priest over with the baddies! She was good at heart; she just fell for the wrong guy! Love is blind…. Trini

Jhevz
    Participant

I think that would be cool if some of us dressed as good guys & gals & some of us dressed as the bad guys & gals. We may even want to do a skit for next yr’s Masquerade.

Frey, I’d put Lyekka with the baddies; she was more bad girl than good girl.

Take care all & have a great Fall, Veterans & Remembrance Day.

Lexxians Unite,
    Jhevz

Anonymous

LESS THAN 30 HOURS!!!! Anyone even playing around with the idea of attending next years Dragon Con should purchase their tickets NOW!
    After 4:00 p.m. est tomarrow the price goes up! I would imagine it wouldn’t be too difficult to sell them off to someone later if you end up not being able to go. Some of us paid $75.OO per ticket last year…right now they’re at $40.00!!!!! T_T

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

LESS THAN 30 HOURS!!!! Anyone even playing around with the idea of attending next years Dragon Con should purchase their tickets NOW!
    After 4:00 p.m. est tomarrow the price goes up! I would imagine it wouldn’t be too difficult to sell them off to someone later if you end up not being able to go. Some of us paid $75.OO per ticket last year…right now they’re at $40.00!!!!! T_T

You should announce that on all the other bulletin boards as a separate thread! If I hadn’t read this thread today, I would have forgotten. I know I should have bought my membership back in September, but you know how it goes.

Jhevz
    Participant

I’m in agreement with you Flamegrape, but $40 isn’t bad; I can remember paying for 1 higher than that at a convention in the late ’80’s.
    I’m thinking of getting mine either next month or January (when I get a raise for Social Security); either way, I’ll probably be there.
    Take care & have a great Fall.

Lexxians Unite,
    Jhevz

Flamegrape
    Participant

I just purchased my membership to DragonCon 2003. In the nick of time, too!

theFrey
    Participant

As you all know, I love to run little contests and give away T-shirts. The wonderful Lubka has designed me a new one to help promote the upcomming con and switch up on my giveaway designs. http://www.thefrey.com/images/LubkaBlueBlackFrey002.gif

She made it so I can change up the background color at will, so that may change before I have them made up, but isn’t it cool?

She is too, too wonderful. Thanks again Lubka!

Anonymous

Love it!!!
    Run a contest that’s easy to win so I can get one.
    (Can you be bribed? )

elmey

Viewing 43 posts - 1 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.