A Message from Salter

• This topic has 14 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 23 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Hello all,

After reading the boards and the e-mails that I have been receiving, I feel that I must now state my case and move forward to make this the best UnCon yet………

{This part of the message has been edited by SadGeezer … please refer to the post: Old News}

……… So now, I am looking for input from the fans…I am giving you the choice and power to decide how you want this year’s UnCon:
    1. For a true “UnCon”, the fans will organize their trips, communicate with each other via boards and e-mails. They will come on the date Salter chooses most convenient. Salter will open the set for viewing, just like last year. If the fans don’t want Salter’s involvement, then please state that this is the UnCon you want.
    2. If the fans want myself and Terri to plan the UnCon, together with the fans’ input, please say so. Terri will help organize the accommodations to get the cheapest deals. She knows Halifax well enough, so she will be able to recommend hotels, restaurants, bars, etc. and organize other social activities. I will ensure that the set is open, I will ensure that the cast and writers will be there for autographs and a Q&A, I will have prizes. That is my wish to give the fans the most satisfaction.

So, for those of you that do not want the fan club to be involved, then please say so. We will respect the fans’ wishes.
    Salter is very grateful for the fans. We may not be a huge American production, but we do know how important the fans are and we do want to give them a good time.

{This part of the message has been edited by SadGeezer … please refer to the post: Old News}

My final statement is this: This year’s UnCon will be just like last year’s, but better. Terri and I organizing it will be exactly like Cookie and I organizing it last year. If the fans were satisfied with last year’s UnCon, then let us move forward. If the fans want it to be less “official”, then we will give up any involvement and hand it over completely to the fans.

Yours Truly,
    Renee Fournier
    Salter Street Films

[This message has been edited by SadGeezer (edited February 24, 2001).]

Anonymous

Having Salter and the fan club involved only seems logical. We would not have this creative and compelling show without Salter Street.

I’m sorry to read there have been misunderstandings and miscommunication but I hope everyone can put these behind them and move on. I look forward to meeting many of the wonderful Lexx fans from all over the world that I have met online.

Starfireone

dgrequeen
    Participant

Naturally, I would LOVE to have Salter’s involvement. I want to meet my fellow Lexxians, but of course, to see the Lexx set, to possibly meet the cast at an event, these are wonderful possibilities! It’s Salter’s show after all, why shouldn’t they be involved?

Anonymous

Renee, I was able to attend UnCon last year and really appreciated Salter’s generous and totally unexpected efforts to give us a glimpse behind the scenes. You all were wonderfully kind. I am sorry that misunderstandings and hurt feelings have led to harsh words in the Lexx fan community.

I would love to have another Q & A with the writers, another set tour, etc., so I guess I’m voting for Number 2. Thanks, Renee.

Kali

Anonymous

Glad to see that Salter is willing to put up with all this squabbling and STILL offer to help or not depending on what we fans want!

For my 2-cents worth: I would like to have the best of both worlds – some events organized by Salter and some events a little more loosely “organized” by fans.

The most compelling reason for me go to UnCon is that it is an unconventional convention. I would hate for UnCon to lose the very characteristic which sets it apart but, I’m afraid, with Lexx’s new American fan base, the UnCon is going to lose some of it’s earlier appeal. This doesn’t mean that UnCon is being forced to evolve into a “corporate” affair. UnCon WILL experience some growing pains this year due to the increase in the fan base and may not be as intimate an experience as it once was.

It’s up to everyone involved to come up with ideas and ways to preserve the atmosphere of UnCon – American fans included. Since a many of us (American fans) have never attended UnCon before – we do not know what to expect and we would be way out of bounds in even assuming we had answers to the upcoming UnCon growing pains. I do think that most of us are willing to lend a hand when asked. Please remember that we love Lexx too, we just haven’t had as much time to be Lexxperienced as the rest of you!

I am looking forward to meeting as many other Lexxians as I can and hope that by the time UnCon gets here, this war over miscommunication will be behind everyone and we can all buy each other a beer and have a laugh or two.

——————
    “What secrets and useless bits of information are locked inside his craggy skull?”

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh dear.. I started a new job yesterday so have been a bit out of the loop while all this blew up, and I am still catching up so I apologise in advance if I make any further misunderstandings.

I’m afraid I may be partly to blame here, I have been involved in the Uncon both here, on the Bored and in the #Lexx since the beginning, as well as being in communication with representatives of Salter, but neglected to specifically inform Renee of who was doing the planning and where. I’ve also been neglecting the US Sci-Fi forums as well, I do visit there and in the chatroom but I’ve grown used to the Bored and have been involved with other things recently which has been restricting the time I can spend keeping in touch with the many discussion groups.

Again, I apologise for my part in this and hope very much that this years UnCon will be the very best ever. Jacha, I hope you can still attend and enjoy the Uncon, I understand how you feel because I have beenin similar situations, and I’m sorry for pushing you into taking charge in the first place, when it really wasn’t my place to do so at all.

Anonymous

Hello Renee~~
    As an American fan of Lexx, looking forward to a first UnCon, I pray daily to the powers that be I will be able to come. I would love to meet the cast and crew, fellow fans and see behind the scenes. Very few people ever get an opportunity to actually watch a show being made from the bones out. Memorabilia of an experience of that magnitude is much desired and appreciated. I sincerely hope you will remain involved with making this the UnCon to beat all UnCons.

MortTicia
    Participant

I hope things are sorted out now, and that this event can be arranged with the help of both Salter and the fans. I think it’s great that you’re willing to make preparations for us to meet the cast and crew, see the set and all that extra stuff that I know will make the visit to Halifax something really special to remember. Thanks again, Renee.
    This event is for the fans, by the fans, but I personally welcome every bit of involvement that Salter wants to have in the UnCon. I think it could only get better that way.
    I hope I’ll be able to attend this year, but if not, I wish you all a happy UnCon!

/Mort

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Cat:
    I started a new job yesterday so have been a bit out of the loop ….

Hey! Congratulations man!!

Good luck – you bloody well deserve it mate!

Anonymous

Congrads Cat!

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by SadGeezer:
    Hey! Congratulations man!!

Good luck – you bloody well deserve it mate!

oops! me too cat, i forgot to meention it last night in all the hubbub… knock ’em dead !(er, unless you work in a hospital!)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks

Kaisfem
    Participant

I was one of the lucky Lexxians to go to Uncon in 2000 and I had a blast. Greatly due to the untiring efforts of Cookie (what a total babe!) and Renee as well as many of the Great folks at Salter.

I just want to say “Thank you” to Salter and Renee and whomever they chose as the liaison between the studio and the Lexx fandom in advance for continuing this fun and Unconventional gathering. It meant alot to all of us that went last year at the amount of involvement and caring that went into last years event. If this years gathering is even half as fun as last years then I know it’ll be spectacular! I am definately going to come back to Halifax for this years gathering and look forward to seeing as many of my Lexxian, Haligonian and Salter friends as possible.

Once again, Thank you Renee! Your hard work and caring is greatly appreciated!

Kaisfem aka Leslie
    From Deep in the Heart of Texas

kaisothergirl2
    Participant

Hya all,
    helpme please ahggg. I’ve just written a really long letter and it got bloody eaten before I had a chance to post it. I wrote one the other day too here but I think that it got lost as well. I really really really want to come to the uncon, but at this rate I ‘m going to miss out becuase of bloody technology sob! can people keep me posted on my hotmail address pretty please.

Humour me please I’m a techno idiot, keep me updated on [email protected] at least then I wont accidently delete info and may actually be able to find it on a regular basis.
    June would probably be better for me as a UK lexxian as I’m on a bit of a tight budget too. I’m up for Salter street involvement as I would like it to be the best of both worlds ie meeting all of you guys and visiting the set if poss.
    Please contact me on hotmail I don’t want to miss out ans the sooner I know the sooner I can get organising my scatty little butt

ta ta
    Kai’s other girl[KOG2][email protected]

Anonymous

Don’t worry, we’ll try and make sure you’re kept up to speed, KOG2. I sympathize with ya about that tech thing. I’ve just started learning how to use my printer and, well, let’s just say I’m starting to feel a little guilty about the whole problem of deforestation of the planet.

*******************BlackCloud****************

——————
    “Oh! You think what? You think Claudius murdered your Dad? Well, no wonder you’ve been so rude to him at the dinner table! If I’d known that, I could have put you straight in no time flat.

It wasn’t Claudius, darling.

It was me.

(Atwood, Margaret: ‘Gertrude Talks Back’)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.