A new twist on 790

• This topic has 16 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 22 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Why doesn’t Kai just shut off 790 and have him pointed towards nothing when he is switched back on. 790 would have no loyality to anyone. I think it would be great to see what he would really do on his own.

-SM

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Slopmaster:
    Why doesn’t Kai just shut off 790 and have him pointed towards nothing when he is switched back on. 790 would have no loyality to anyone. I think it would be great to see what he would really do on his own.

Uh, I don’t think that would work. The minute they turned the head around it would register somebody’s face.

I still think it would be funny to have 790 fall in love with Lyekka.

Anonymous

What would happen if they put him in front of a mirror??

Anonymous

It seems 790 has got nastier since he fell in love with Kai, but it’s probably because Kai doesn’t care about his scheming or his plans to have Stan and Xev killed, so he’s just allowed to continue his psychosis unchecked.
    If he was in love with Xev again, she would not hesitate to tell him to shut up and stop his scheming…and he would have no choice but to obey.
    But Kai has stopped him from doing certain things, but he has never told him to stop his behaviour for good, so 790 is left with plenty of opportunity to continue to plot and scheme.
    Squishy

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Squishy:
    It seems 790 has got nastier since he fell in love with Kai, but it’s probably because Kai doesn’t care about his scheming or his plans to have Stan and Xev killed, so he’s just allowed to continue his psychosis unchecked.

Also, you have to take into account that 790 never stopped planning to have Stan killed the entire time he was in love with Xev. He knew that he faced no competition from Kai, he being dead and all. Now that he’s in love with Kai, both Xev *and* Stan are potential competitors, as they’re both alive and potentially amourously active. He’s as psychotic as ever, but it’s directed at more people than before. Also, 790’s received more assistance in his plans to off his competitors this season. Prince has seemed willing to help out 790 continuously, whereas 790 didn’t have any support system previously.

–Aleck

Anonymous

So if 790 was reset to love Stan, then there should be no problem. Kai is no competition because he’s dead. Xev is no competition because she’s said again and again that she wouldn’t make it with Stan if he was “the last man in the two universes”.

And what better way to punish 790 for all the horrible things he’s done? Make him love someone who dispises him! Evil justice. I like, yes.

Anonymous

It’d be funny to see 790 fall in love with Mantrid.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Tish:
    So if 790 was reset to love Stan, then there should be no problem. Kai is no competition because he’s dead. Xev is no competition because she’s said again and again that she wouldn’t make it with Stan if he was “the last man in the two universes”.

Ah, but Xev *would* be competition. She’s a love slave with an enhanced libido. She has, in the past, considered Stan as a sexual partner. Firstly, at the beginning of “Love Grows,” then *actually having sex* with him with their sexes reversed later in the episode, and she probably thought seriously about it as the events leading up to the end of the Light Universe came to a head.

Erm, no pun intended.

At any rate, 790 would probably still want Xev dead, but just wouldn’t want Kai dead. Stan, on the other hand, would kill himself at the earliest convenience.

–Aleck

dgrequeen
    Participant

Personally, I like the mirror idea. Who better for 790 to love than 790? Although, I think he’s getting so evil because he’s malfunctioning.

Anonymous

I like the mirror idea. Anything in lieu of destroying 790 hehe

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by dgrequeen:
    Personally, I like the mirror idea. Who better for 790 to love than 790? Although, I think he’s getting so evil because he’s malfunctioning.

Yeah, I think the electronic interfases to the brain tissue have been degrading since 790’s fall.

Anonymous

790 in love with 790:

All night with myself, self,
    All night with myself I coo….
    when that trollop Xev told me to ____
    myself,
    that’s exactly what I want to do!!!

Anonymous

790 in love with 790 would be completely
    useless. It would be totally obsessed with
    itself and uninterested in helping Kai, Xev or Stan.

Anonymous

You must admit, 790 was pretty funny in “Haley’s Comet”. Still…MELT HIM DOWN!

“Robot Head, I am going to melt you down”- Stan (Little Blue Planet & Magic Baby)

Anonymous

Back when he fell in love with Kai, I thought it would be a funny idea to reset him again and see Stan right away, then have him say, “I will love you…. eeeeeewwwwww.” And then the spell would be broken.

Mirror idea wouldn’t make for a good story because if he fell in love with himself he wouldn’t be interested in anything else and he couldn’t be bribed.

Or, you can do an episode where he gets reset several times and ends up loving various things (like barn animals).

Oh well, I wonder what they’ll do to 790 in the final episode.

Anonymous

Here’s a wacky idea for the future of 790.
    What if he had become infected with insect essence, and his core programming (being in love in his case) has managed to hide this from Stan & co, and he needed to hide it because they would get rid of him (he has shown signs of self-preservation, and even was prepared to put aside his hostilities if the crew didn’t leave him).
    What if that insect essence eventually leaves him and becomes part of the insect race that Lexx may have given birth to, or 790 himself helps the insect race, and he and the essence gives that race purpose…i.e to destroy humanity, as I imagine that 790 has a loathing for humanity as well.
    With 790’s tech knowledge and the insects essence conciousness, the insect race could turn into the formidable foes they eventually become…ya never know with Lexx.
    Squishy

Anonymous

Make 790 fall in love with Stan… Muaha ha ha ha!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.