A number in Tony’s Village?

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums British Sci Fi Series The Prisoner A number in Tony’s Village?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    corvina
    Participant

How do UK Sad Geezeretes and geezers feel about having ID cards foisted on us? Damned if i’ll have one! I am not a number…

Anonymous
    Inactive
    corvina wrote:

How do UK Sad Geezeretes and geezers feel about having ID cards foisted on us? Damned if i’ll have one! I am not a number…

“Unmutual!”

I’m inclined to think that the silence speaks for itself. I find it unnerving that people have become so complacent/apathetic when it comes to Big Brother type issues — a sign of the times. As “The Prisoner” would declaim, “Rotten cabbages!” ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anyway, there are good arguments for and against it. Security is a major concern.

Here’s an interesting article about Blair’s claims that ID cards will help stave off identity theft:
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1652189,00.html

mandara k
    Participant

Well we’re run in by our social security #, they use it for everything here.

Dang and i thought we were really talking about getting on Saddy’s BB. I wanted to see the fall-out from foisting no.s on this ESPECIALLY The Prisoner fans.

Logan, isn’t my no. 128 or something for the car which i though totally rocked, that little convertible jobbie? I haven’t watched The prisoner in so long I’ll have to get cracking. the bouncing ball, i remember and well being in a place too perfect and not getting out and being FREE, sounds like our culture actually. ๐Ÿ˜›

corvina
    Participant
    Logan: wrote:

Fall Out [/i]The Prisoner returns to his house in London the door opens with the familiar electronic whirr, as his flat in the Village did and the last shows ends exactly as the first episode begins…

lets face it “No one gets out of here alive”.

theFrey
    Participant
    corvina wrote:

However, take the whole episode of the WMD and the 45 minute claim that led to: 1) the death of fallguy Dr Kelly. 2)The sackings and gagging of the BBC for not playing the game. 3) And despite all of this fiasco of the Hutton report etc etc the wretched Mr Blair (a religious fundamentalist) is re-ellected with a majority that represents some 30% of the country…

Could be worse. You could have the Bush Monarcy. Bleh! I wonder if he was born this oblivious or if it is the result of drugs? Many, often ingested drugs? I blame Barbra. She seems like a nice enough lady, yet she bred with his father and allowed him to live. ๐Ÿ™„

corvina
    Participant

[quote=”thefrey
    Could be worse. You could have the Bush Monarcy. Bleh!

Yeah OK! But I needed the sentiment to come from an American first… thanks theFrey …I wouldn’t want to be seen to be anti- American. However: I’m quite happy to through any amount of caca at the Bush admin, who, lets face it are the original sin behind all the shit. How the hell Tony fell for it all is beyond me,,,whats the pay-off for him? what did he get from being bush’s poodle?

As for monarchy I came across this recent quote in the Guardian TV guide..”say what you like about the French, they know how to treat royalty” – Brilliant!

corvina
    Participant

[quote=”thefrey

Yeah OK! But I needed the sentiment to come from an American first… thanks theFrey …I wouldn’t want to be seen to be anti- American. However: I’m quite happy to throw any amount of caca at the Bush admin, who, lets face it are the original sin behind all the shit. How the hell Tony fell for it all is beyond me,,,whats the pay-off for him? what did he get from being bush’s poodle?

As for monarchy I came across this recent quote in the Guardian TV guide..”say what you like about the French, they know how to treat royalty” – Brilliant!

corvina
    Participant

[quote=”thefrey

Yeah OK! But I needed the sentiment to come from an American first… thanks theFrey …I wouldn’t want to be seen to be anti- American. However: I’m quite happy to throw any amount of caca at the Bush admin, who, lets face it are the original sin behind all the shit. How the hell Tony fell for it all is beyond me,,,whats the pay-off for him? what did he get from being bush’s poodle?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.