A polite greeting

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub A polite greeting

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Psiren
    Participant

Hello all fellow Sadgeezers…
    I used to be known ’round here as Yvonne McGruder, but you leave this website alone for a few months and LOOK what happens to it. So now I couldn’t find any way of becoming Yvonne McGruder again. But those of you who may remember Yvonne… I am she.
    Anyways, I’m basically here to drum up visitors to my poetry website. Being a budding poet, I need as much moral support as I can get, and I figured the sci-fi and poetry were both sufficiently “geeky” to be somehow intrinsically linked. So if by some quirk of fate you’re interested in reading amateur poetry, or even if you’re not (ha!), check it out…
    http://www.geocities.com/the_macabre_muse

I promise you won’t regret it as much as you may think ๐Ÿ˜›

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Psiren, and welcome back!

While normally I only stick to Vogon poetry…

”Douglas wrote:

Oh freddled gruntbuggly thy micturations are to me
    As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee my foonting turlingdromes.
    And hooptiously dranle me with crinkly brindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my
    blurglecruncheon, see if I don’t!

…you have wonderful poetry. ๐Ÿ˜€ I love Ant-agonistic View of Warfare, and the Fordisms section is great — ‘though I must admit I thought you were talking about Ford Prefect from Hitchhiker’s. It’s all very good.

Psiren wrote:

Being a budding poet, I need as much moral support as I can get, and I figured the sci-fi and poetry were both sufficiently “geeky” to be somehow intrinsically linked.

Budding poet? You seem very experienced; I used to write a lot of poetry myself — now just limericks, but I wasn’t nearly as good as you. By the way, I haven’t read most of the poems yet, but have you written any sci-fi poetry? Guess that would be ultra-geeky, huh? ๐Ÿ˜‰ It would be neat if more people submitted sci-fi poems to this site. Think I’ll try writing one later.

Very good stuff!

Anonymous

Ye gods, what did I miss?!

Meep
    Participant

You are quite gifted in the work of poetry, Psiren! I hope you continue on this, and achieve the inspiration you need ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous

๐Ÿ˜€ welcome back Yvonne (ahem! sorry!) Psiren! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.