A question for the well-educated geezers

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub A question for the well-educated geezers

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

I have a question that has zero to do with sci-fi and a lot to do with etiquette. So if any of you educated geezers can help me out, I’d really appreciate it.
    OK, here it is: if you’re going to wear a flower over one ear, which ear signifies that you’re single and which ear signifes that you’re spoken for? Because I’m getting very annoyed with all the people who are telling me that there’s one ear that means one thing and then not knowing which is which. (the reason I need to know is that I’m making my debut in about a week and all the girls are freaking out about it)

Anonymous

Unfortunately I know nothing about the etiquette of flowers, but I do know that if none of you girls know which ear means single and which ear means taken, I fully guarantee 100% that none of the guys have a clue either.So pick the side that suits your hairdo.

elmey

Flamegrape
    Participant

I have never heard of such a thing.

Anonymous

If I’m not mistaken, a carnation upon the right ear signifies that you’re taken, whereas a rose is the opposite (haha, I know, neener neener neeener )

But then again, who gives a feck, hmm?

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by The Invisible Lunatic:

If I’m not mistaken, a carnation upon the right ear signifies that you’re taken, whereas a rose is the opposite

Who woulda guessed. I am TOTALLY impressed!!!

elmey

Anonymous

Actually, I’m not too sure about the flower upon the ear thing, ‘cos sometimes I get confused between rose and carnation significance. Now, if Yvonne asked me about fan etiquette….

Anonymous

LOL, OK, thanks guys… it’s been… useful… so, do you think if I wear a flower over my right ear (me being in a loving caring relationship), and tell everyone that that’s the right etiquette, I’ll get away with it? Hope so, coz that solves my problems…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.