A slightly belated Happy Canada Day…

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub A slightly belated Happy Canada Day…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

The time is right for Canadian world domination!
    http://www.standonguard.com/

streudel
    Participant

I am ready and willing, and indeed would be honored if a lowly American such as myself would be selected as the propaganda minister for the U.S. end of the Canadian Campaign for World Domination.

I am already working toward this goal in an unofficial capacity. I only serve Canadian beer at parties. I have spread the joy of Moosehead consumption far and wide. I have erected a shrine to the glorious musical perfection that is Rush. Geddy Lee is my God. And soon he will be everyone else’s.

If selected for service, I will immediately build the Maryland Annex of Possum Lodge, eh. Complete with an indoor hockey rink, so I can ” keep my stick on the ice. ”

Might I suggest an army of Michael McManus and Rick Mercer clones would secure the loyalty of the American women? Perhaps Pamela Anderson clones for the men?

Let me say in closing that for doughnut privledges, a continual loop of Rush songs on state radio, government Moosehead rations, and my hometown streets being overrun with Michael McManus and Rick Mercer clones, I’ll gladly tatoo a Maple leaf on my butt, or do whatever it takes to secure the position, eh.

Note my usage of ” eh ” far exceeds the governmental requirement of every 10 sentences. I’m telling you, I’d be the perfect honorary Canuck. ๐Ÿ˜€

Fatguy
    Participant

Mixed feelings on Canada Day – as this was the date the RCMP begins enforcing it’s universal gun registration laws. Be it noted that I lobbied and fought those laws for the last seven years and this ends a politcal era for yours truly…..

Pior to 1978 anyone in Canada of legal age could buy a gun – no questions asked. In fact one gas company was offering a free Styer military rilfe with fill-up (true ๐Ÿ˜› ). Now it is all gone. The idea that people have the right to arms now falls on the Americans. If you thought I was a “push-over” – check out these Americans ๐Ÿ˜ˆ :

http://www.gunboards.com/forums/UltraBoard.cgi?action=Read&BID=5&TID=125820&SID=1458623

Fatguy
    Participant

Here is the official Fatguy statement on Canada Day ๐Ÿ˜ฏ :

http://webhome.idirect.com/~rem223/Message.avi

Fatguy
    Participant

This is the last one 8) …..

This one is for you Logan (and has nothing to do with you guys getting the Olympics ๐Ÿ˜ˆ ):

http://subguns.biggerhammer.net/sword.cgi?read=236830

mandara k
    Participant

So streudel, you like Rick Mercer too? I find him fun to watch….it’s not the glacial coldness of MM; but more of an intellectual smart- mouth hautiness in Mercer….

You know I think people are really looking for something different…… I work for a research firm now…… and people who like reality shows now are dwindling and yet they also are tired of watching crap that California spews out.

Personally, I thinks it’s stupid to get all hot and bothered about these kind of people….. I mean you give them more consideration and kindness than you give to someone you see everyday and do they deserve it….. more than likely not.

No matter how well they do a role….. they will still go home and be themselves in the end. Do I think Ben Kingsley is above others because he played Gandhi? No. he did quite a job; but I don’t know the guy personally; he doesn’t sign my checks or pay my bills or take out my trash in the morning

I just think that these fame thing is a double edged sword…. though I’m sure it can be difficult…… it has it’s upside ….. you take it as life hands it to you. I’m the star of my backyard…. that’s all that matters to me.

Meeting famous people is actually not all that it’s cracked up to be….. most of the time you are herded like cattle in a line; pay to have something signed and may be a pic and that’s it;

I don’t care what anyone says; that has been my experience… there is no interaction and if there is it is not with my type of quiet observer yet chatty when comfortable type of person.
    That’s when the squeaky wheel theory is most present… if you have looks or are bubbly, etc…. you might get a little more attention….

Sorry, I downed the thread….. where were we” Oh… Canada…… it would be okay if they took over ;I’ve met some nice Canuks. People are people wherever you go; some good some bad… all trying to get through it all…..

streudel
    Participant

So streudel, you like Rick Mercer too? I find him fun to watch….it’s not the glacial coldness of MM; but more of an intellectual smart- mouth hautiness in Mercer….

I love Rick Mercer. It’s really genius the way he explains what’s going on to the camera as if you were a friend following him around for the day. It’s a shame they don’t run Made in Canada more regularly in the States. But, hopefully, if the Canucks take over, this will change. And they’ll call it Made in Canada instead of The Industry. ๐Ÿ˜€

As far as MM goes, I can’t explain it, but I’ve always had a soft spot for stoic characters and the ” straight ” guy. I always loved Mr.Spock, Worf, and Data, too.

Meeting famous people is actually not all that it’s cracked up to be….. most of the time you are herded like cattle in a line; pay to have something signed and may be a pic and that’s it;

So true, Mandara K, everything you said about famous people. I imagine some of them begin to believe their own press. I’ve never been to any conventions, but I don’t think I’d be willing to pay someone for their autograph. I know I joke quite a bit about my devotion to MM, but in all reality, I don’t think I’d want to fork out my hard earned cash for the opportunity to see him up close and walk away with his name scribbled on a piece of paper. ( No offense to those that do. )

I work for Paul Reed Smith Guitars, so I’ve met a few celebrities. In this setting, it’s quite different. We are accustomed to artists touring the factory, so they receive the same treatment you would if you toured the factory. I think they really enjoy being treated as what they are, normal people with high profile professions.

Some of the more famous ones were actually the most friendly and generous with their time. Carlos Santana is one of the nicest people you ever want to meet. He always has his picture taken with whoever asks ( I got a lovely pic of him him with his arm around me ), gives out hundreds of autographs ( at no charge ) and compliments everyone at the factory on their dedication to their craft. His last tour, he brought a videocamera because he’s impressed with what we do. He even had us all autograph his copy of the PRS coffee table book.

I can’t stand Creed’s music, but I like them very much as people. They are all extremely talkative and friendly. Each one made out autographs with kind messages for each employee, thanking us for making such beautiful guitars. Scott Stapp brought his camera so he could have his picture taken with each department.

Suprisingly enough considering Motley Crue’s reputation, I found Mick Mars to be quite a nice fellow, too.

You’re right, celebrities don’t deserve the treatment they receive, good and bad. Certainly, they shouldn’t expect to get into a packed restaurant by saying ” Don’t you know who I am? ” By the same token, they should be able to grocery shop without someone hounding them to discuss every movie they’ve made, either.

I’m the star of my backyard…. that’s all that matters to me.

Amen. We all count equally, no matter what we do or don’t do for a living. Personally, I think if we’re ever in the same place at the same time, MM should be glad to meet me. I’m a character in my own right. ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜† Ask anybody that knows me.

Anonymous
    Logan wrote:

The time is right for Canadian world domination!
    http://www.standonguard.com/

That’s a great site, I’m still laughing. Speaking of, did any of you ever catch “Canadian Bacon”?

It’s a hilarious film with Rip Torn and John Candy about America going to war with Canada. Has some great propaganda lines like:

Did you know Canadians have ammassed nearly 90% of their population against the US border?

Did you know Canadians have a monopoly on deadly “Zamboni” technology? (that one is a riot)

It’s really worth checking out ๐Ÿ™‚

mandara k
    Participant

๐Ÿ˜€

Santana definitely rules in my book; and Bono from U2 on some of his political activism….. like the music….. like his actions even better.

That’s absolutely fab you work in a place like that…. it sounds like you are happy at what you do…. and that is very good.

Streudel I’m glad you came to visit us on Sad’s! Another remarkable LEXXian…. I guess it true…. LEXX is over and won’t change but those I’ve met and hope to meet at some time…. they make it great to stay. “From an indigo plant to a deeper blue; the indigo plant does not change… but dyed repeatedly become a deeper blue than the plant itself… That’s the quote…

No, I don’t mean die I mean dye but you get my drift.. I hope

mandara k
    Participant

Oh BTW; don’t let my personal convictions get in the way of anyone enjoying any CONs….. if you want to do the purchase thing go on ahead…… I don’t hang people up by their Vulcan ears for making decisions about their own lives

In fact, I say support your fellow LEXXians and make their desires reality….. please buy a raffle ticket….. to help at DC…. I plan on it when finances change for the better.

That’s what’s important…. supporting each other though we may not get along with or agree with everyone 100% of the time.

I’m willing to fork out some cash to help others feel joy…. why don’t you all give it a try…. and you might win!!!!

***DISCLAIMER**** There was no coercion from any one for the previous support of the DC raffle….. Just thought I’d clarify…..
    I just want everyone and I mean EVERYONE has a memorable time!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Rick Mercer is great! Nothing says Canadian like Talking to Americans. ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜‰ Oh, here’s another pretty funny site on Canadians: http://www.wedonotliveinigloos.com/

Canadian Bacon was a hilarious film BTW.

As for the right to bear arms, as long as Canadians can freely bare beavers, moose, and other Canadian fauna I’ll be content. However, even that is an uphill struggle — thanks SPCA. ๐Ÿ™„ Oh well, in some countries they don’t even have the right to bare arms, legs, or other limbs.

Anyway, I’m pretty upset with Canada. It’s been well over a year and the Pyramid of Dung has still not been declared a National Historic Monument, nor do I yet have one signature. Guess there just aren’t a lot of patriots around. ๐Ÿ™

streudel
    Participant

Streudel I’m glad you came to visit us on Sad’s! Another remarkable LEXXian…. I guess it true…. LEXX is over and won’t change but those I’ve met and hope to meet at some time…. they make it great to stay. “From an indigo plant to a deeper blue; the indigo plant does not change… but dyed repeatedly become a deeper blue than the plant itself… That’s the quote…

No, I don’t mean die I mean dye but you get my drift.. I hope

That is such a wonderful quote. And thank you, I am so glad I came here, too. ๐Ÿ˜€ Sad’s is such a warm, friendly place. I have been made to feel welcome from the moment I got here.

From the moment I first came to the Lexxian community, I have been impressed with the creativity, humor, generosity, and tolerance of the people I’ve met. Lexxians are a rare, special breed, and I am proud to call myself one. You are so right, it’s the Lexxians that make Lexx more than just a TV Show.

Bono from U2 on some of his political activism….. like the music….. like his actions even better.

Ditto. ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.