A toast for the Queen

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub A toast for the Queen

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

The Great Queen Elizabeth died in her sleep at 101 years of age. As an American I have great respect for this woman who was so strong during World War2. My condolences to all Brits.

Anonymous

Thankyou for your respects Lexxlurker.
    We have lost one of the more loved royals, she was really an amazing lady for her age, she defied illness on many occasions, and continued to make a lot of public appearances.
    She always came across as a real gentle and caring person, and was a royal this country could be proud of.
    It’s sad that the Queen’s golden jubilee has been marred by the death of Princess Margaret and the Queen Mother.
    Although I have never had much time for the royals, I feel sad at the passing of this brave and courageous lady…she will be sadly missed.
    Squishy

Anonymous

The Great Queen Elizabeth died in her sleep at 101 years of age. As an American I have great respect for this woman who was so strong during World War2. My condolences to all Brits.

my condolences as well.

Anonymous

She was a truly amazing woman and I think it is a credit to her that she lived for more than a century.
    The world mourns today

Anonymous

My condolences too to the English. My country was once nothing more than a simnple territory of the British Empire, but now, we are independent. We’d never have won our independence if it weren’t for the help of your Queen, for, unlike the Americans, we had no armies nor foreigners willing to help us (no offense intended to the Americans.) Know that the English are not the only ones who mourn, the people who once cursed the British Empire grieve too for the Queen, and there can be no greater tribute for a person when old enemies become such friends as to pay homage.

Anonymous

I hate to be a Prat but my views stick on the same side as the support at celtic park yesterday[who whistled out the 1 min. silence]. It is sad when anyone dies but is it any sadder when royalty dies? lots of people die every day but they don’t get TV coverage. [a recent poll showed the majority of scotts don’t want the royals]. The queen mum had no impact on my life and so why should I be bothered about her death?

Anonymous

Because of examples like her during World War2, standing in defiance of things like the Exile of all royalty.

Her and her husband George were the ONLY 2 royal family members to defy the self imposed exiles(in any country) and toured the wreckage while bombing was going on.

I am American, and before American I was German and still I have nothing but the utmost respect for the Queen.

Its another matter entirely for other royal members but Queen Elizabeth was a shining light in a world of darkness during the 40s and later 30s.

Godzilla no one is forcing you or even asking you to care, but some of us do.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.