A vitual bar. How sad. WAAAAAAAAAH!

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub A vitual bar. How sad. WAAAAAAAAAH!

• This topic has 23 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 22 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

G’evnin’ ev’ryone! (so I’m a little heavy on the apostrophes, so sue me.) Geez, I’ve been on the net a long time, but this is THE first time I’ve seen a virtual bar.

So, I can order any drink I like, hmm? In that case, I’d like a glass of Chateau d’Yquem, followed my some Dom Perignon then some Veuve Clicquot Rose, kind sir. With a slice of lemon in it, please. And for a meal, I’d like lobster thermadore aux cravettes with a garnish of white truffles if you’d be so kind.

Oh, and some potato chips please. After all, I need something to dip in the wine, don’t I?

Anonymous

Son of Bester you did not specify the type of chips you would like. my favorite for dipping in wine and champagne is bar-b-que.

Anonymous

Hey, if it’s potatoe (to quote Dan Quayle), then I don’t mind. As long as you can dunk it in a glass of 1941 Armagnac Baron de Sigognac, I don’t mind. Or some 1939 Sempé, mmmm…..

Anonymous

Proper chips (as in the Brit variety),or Pringles potato chips?? (extra thick crisps, if you ask me!!!)

[ 18-04-2002: Message edited by: snooklepie ]

Anonymous

What? No chocolate chip cookies?

I guess I’ll take my dom and cookies elsewhere… unless you’ve changed your mind? *looks hopeful with puppy dog eyes*

Anonymous

quote:

What? No chocolate chip cookies?
    I guess I’ll take my dom and cookies elsewhere… unless you’ve changed your mind? *looks hopeful with puppy dog eyes*

Praxilla you can dip anything you want to.

and Snooklepie i was talking about the pringle type of potato chips. if i understand correctly ‘chips’ in other countries are what we Americans call ‘french fries’. now if someone could explain that to me i would appreciate it!

Anonymous

Hey, here’s an idea, how about chocolate potatoe(sic) chips? Just cover the chip in Belgian-made chocolate after frying in high grade palm oil! Perfect end to a perfect meal! When served as dessert to a meal of roast duck and 1922 Boal,(d’Oliveira’s reserva for maximum effect), it makes the perfect end to an excellent meal, don’t you think?

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by mary beth:

Praxilla you can dip anything you want to.

and Snooklepie i was talking about the pringle type of potato chips. if i understand correctly ‘chips’ in other countries are what we Americans call ‘french fries’. now if someone could explain that to me i would appreciate it!

Dipping away happily. Oh, and a side note, never go to a Cafeteria style restaurant in England and tell the cute boy behind the counter you want the fries. You’ll get a wide eyed, “Excuse me?”

SoB- You should try chocolate and cheeze balls. It’s quit yummy.

[ 19-04-2002: Message edited by: Praxilla ]

Anonymous

Actually, Prax, I HAVE tried cheeze balls and chocolate! To all those who haven’t, you oughta, really ought try the stuff! Tastes better than lobster, man!

BTW, how did this evolve into a discussion about chips?

dgrequeen
    Participant

Forget the chips! Where’s the chili?

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by dgrequeen:
    Forget the chips! Where’s the chili?

put the chili on the fries/chips, and you’ve got a deal… oh, and can I get a bottle of Boone’s Farm with that I’m cheap

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Son Of Bester:
    Hey, here’s an idea, how about chocolate potatoe(sic) chips? Just cover the chip in Belgian-made chocolate after frying in high grade palm oil! Perfect end to a perfect meal! When served as dessert to a meal of roast duck and 1922 Boal,(d’Oliveira’s reserva for maximum effect), it makes the perfect end to an excellent meal, don’t you think?

You should come to England if you like fries n’ chocolate, in northern england they do a rare delicacy of snickers or mars bars in batter!!!
    BTW, in England we do call fries erm,fries. Chips are bigger and less stringy than fries, and what Americans call chips, we call crisps.
    Oh, and I’ve never been to the bar before as I thought Cluster lizards might be refused entry due to their violent nature, but as I’m here, may I have a ‘Sex on the beach’ cocktail, of course I’d like some fried brain to nibble on, and a pot chocolate to dip them in!!!
    Squishy

Anonymous

elfkin- BOONE?? Are you mad? (Just teasing)

quote:

Originally posted by Squishy:

…of course I’d like some fried brain to nibble on, and a pot chocolate to dip them in!!!
    Squishy

What have you people done to me? that sounds good.

Maybe it’s just because chocolate goes with almost everything.

[ 19-04-2002: Message edited by: Praxilla ]

Anonymous

“What have you people done to me? that sounds good.

Maybe it’s just because chocolate goes with almost everything”

I agree….but since I just got here, i’ll sart off with a peppermint schnapps and a York peppermint patty, and work my way up….

Anonymous

quote:

Oh, and I’ve never been to the bar before as I thought Cluster lizards might be refused entry due to their violent nature, but as I’m here, may I have a ‘Sex on the beach’ cocktail, of course I’d like some fried brain to nibble on, and a pot chocolate to dip them in!!!
    Squishy

Squishy you are always welcome here in the Pub! just don’t eat the brains of our patrons! except maybe Super Joe! that would be a very pickled brain!
    i will ask Lars to order more brains and chocolate.

Anonymous

quote:

Actually, Prax, I HAVE tried cheeze balls and chocolate! To all those who haven’t, you oughta, really ought try the stuff! Tastes better than lobster, man!

BTW, how did this evolve into a discussion about chips?

Cheezeballs and choccy it is {SadGeezer puts on his best barman smile}. That’ll be 3 pounds and 41 and a half pence please.

Erm.. Would you like to try the chocolate salty balls with that sir?

Anonymous

How’s this for a culinary experience: Fry 2 slices of egg-soaked bread (it’s called French Toast, I think) and then put a chocolate spread on both peices. After that, place a slice of tomatoe(sic) and lettuce on each slice. Consume with a glass of coke with chocolate milk, each in a separate glass as well as a third glass to mix them in according to taste. Follow with potatoe(sic) chips in melted ice cream, the chips and ice cream according to your taste, and consume. As long as you’ve got some Alka-Seltzer and a nearby toilet, you’ll be fine!

ANOTHER CULINARY TIP BROUGHT BY:
    Son Of Bester

Anonymous

quote:

How’s this for a culinary experience: Fry 2 slices of egg-soaked bread (it’s called French Toast, I think) and then put a chocolate spread on both peices. After that, place a slice of tomatoe(sic) and lettuce on each slice. Consume with a glass of coke with chocolate milk, each in a separate glass as well as a third glass to mix them in according to taste. Follow with potatoe(sic) chips in melted ice cream, the chips and ice cream according to your taste, and consume. As long as you’ve got some Alka-Seltzer and a nearby toilet, you’ll be fine!

ANOTHER CULINARY TIP BROUGHT BY:
    Son Of Bester

That is totally gross dude! ‘chips in melted ice-cream!’!

Anonymous

has anyone tried any of the Indian sweets?? I happen to work with a lot of Indians, and every so often they seem to think that i’m looking a little thin and so insist that i eat these sweets that they give me. some are ok, with condensed milk and coconut-but some are so sweet, sickly and greasy that they’d make Homer Simpson barf!! on these occasions, i politely say “thank you” (saying “no thank you” seems to offend them), and take them home for the dog. She loves ’em!! unfortunately, she likes some of them that much, i’ve often been tempted to ask for the recipe, but somehow i think asking “can i have the recipe for those, please? the dog likes them” would be more offensive than saying no…

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by mary beth:

Squishy you are always welcome here in the Pub! just don’t eat the brains of our patrons! except maybe Super Joe! that would be a very pickled brain!
    i will ask Lars to order more brains and chocolate.

I promise not to eat the patrons brains, but if you run out of my favourite snack then I can’t be responsible for my actions!!!
    So please could you keep the brains well stocked?, as sometimes my family may visit me from what remains of the cluster, and they’ll be very hungry from their journey.
    Could I get a job as doorman as well, I know I’m only small right now, but I can leave a nasty bite on the leg, which should make troublemakers think twice, and if you have to throw out for being rowdy…can I eat their brains!?!
    I’ll send you a copy of my C.V, it’s a bit short, only previous job experience was saving the universe, not much to go I know, but I’m still young!!!
    Squishy

Anonymous

I thought giving chocolate to dogs gives them diaherria. I’d steer clear of giving chocolate sweets to my puppy.

So Squishy gets chocolate covered brains and what do I get? Could I get the blood of a virgin mixed with Chocolate sauce and crisps please? Or maybe if Super Joe is still unconscious I can cover his neck with Hershey’s and make a meal out of it. Just kidding Super Joe. It took me forever to get the garlic out last time.

theVodkaCircle
    Participant

In Oz, Chips are these
    (pommie translation : Crisps)
    or these

Pringles are just pringles, theyre not chips.

[ 21-04-2002: Message edited by: theVodkaCircle ]

[ 21-04-2002: Message edited by: theVodkaCircle ]

Anonymous

My tummy is growling.

Anonymous

*slobberslobber*….etc etc ad nauseum….

Btw, what’s so wrong about potatoe(sic) chips in partially melted ice cream (I forgot the ‘partially’)? I mean, as long as the chips are put in only when the ice cream is partially melted, it’s great! I have it for lunch/breakfast/brunch all the time!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.