About Usernames & how many….

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Discussion Forum Help About Usernames & how many….

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Jhevz
    Participant

Hi Fellow Lexxians,
    I know this has nothing to do with Lexx, but the reason why I’m asking the question above, is that I know a group of Trekkies in a local Star Trek/Science Fiction fan club that has at least 8 Usernames on 1 board; it’s not on this 1 or here on sadgeezer.com; it’s on a different board.
    The other reason is this is part of my research to find out how many, so that I can let the other from that fan club know the results & why. If you have any questions about this, please let me know, I’ll be glad to answer them.

Lexxians Unite,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anonymous

Hey Jhevs. I moved this topic from LEXX Forum to the Pub. Hope you don’t mind.

You can actually have groups of users in the SadBAORD. You can set up clubs and all sorts of events (both closed and public).

Checkout the usergroups at the top of your screen.

theFrey
    Participant

Actually Jhevz, your poll should have had the option of having one name period, not just one per board. I myself dislike have to remember that. “tammy sue”, “Ripper Gyrl” and “Scaperlove” are the same people with different names on different boards. (names were fake, used for example) No matter where in cyber land I am, I am theFrey, Sadgeezer is Sadgeezer, FX is FX ect….. Not only does it make it easier for other people to know how to interact with me, it makes it easier for me. Since they already know who I am and how I feel on certain topics. Me? I say one name for all of cyberspace.

Jhevz
    Participant

Sadgeezer, theFrey,
    Thanks so very much for the wonderful posts you gave me; it’s nice to read others opinions about his subject. I can believe that most votes would be for 1 Username/board; actually, I kinda figured that.
    Sadgeezer,
    Thanks for the suggestion; I’ll check into it as soon as I can; then, I’ll let you know what I find out.
    the Frey,
    I’ll definitely be reading your message to the group, to let them know this; also, so they don’t sound as if they’re talking to themselves. ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks Frey. ๐Ÿ™‚

Sci-Fi Fans Unite,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

Fatguy
    Participant

One user name per board ; and I would like the username to be your first name (add a tag if there is a conflict) and avatar to be a currant pic:

Hi…..I am Maurice – this is what my avatar would be:

http://webhome.idirect.com/~rem223/Mauface.jpg

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have used several nicks on different boards — Logan is always my name of choice, but it’s also many others… Should have chosen something more original originally. So I only use other names when Logan is taken (i.e. I have used FunkET, Funky-T, and ZardoZ). Actually Funky-T was originally just a subsidiary character to complement my main character Logan at one board — hey everybody craves compliments, ๐Ÿ˜‰

Really FunkET and Logan are the only ones people may wish to remember, and I don’t visit many boards.

As for using real names, that is what I did at first, but Gregory, or Greg, is so boring IMHO. However, as a horror afficionado Gory would’ve been cool!

BTW, I have used this fairly recent avatar of myself on several occasions:

๐Ÿ™‚

nursewhen
    Participant
    Fatguy wrote:

One user name per board; and I would like the username to be your first name (add a tag if there is a conflict) and avatar to be a currant pic:

I use Nursewhen for everything on the net, mainly so I don’t lose track.

I’d rather not use my first name.
    (Helen says nothing about me except that my parents liked that name when I was born)

Nursewhen is a play on Dr Who and I feel says more about my sense of humour and interests. The only problem is that people generally assume I am a nurse and I’ve since discovered that a nursing agency are actually plagiarizing my name (dammit!)

My first avatar was of me though I was in a Jool costume and wearing a huge wig. Most of my current pics generally involve a wig and a costume. I have very few pictures that actually look like me.

Fatguy wrote:

Hi…..I am Maurice – this is what my avatar would be:

What your avatar would be and what your avatar is bear a striking resemblance ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜€

(And what’s realy spooky is that you look just like my work colleague who sits right behind me ๐Ÿ˜ฏ )

Fatguy
    Participant
    nursewhen wrote:

My first avatar was of me though I was in a Jool costume and wearing a huge wig. Most of my current pics generally involve a wig and a costume. I have very few pictures that actually look like me.

http://www.planethelen.co.uk

Just visited your website – Wow……what a babe (especially in the belly dancing outfit ๐Ÿ˜† )! Perhaps you should use one of the belly dancing pics as an avatar and DancingHelen as the nick….. I was also impressed with the before and after pics of the garden.

Ok – my turn – I do not have a real website – but here are some before and after pics. of me that were used as avatars on the “other board”:

http://webhome.idirect.com/~rem223/mausanta

http://webhome.idirect.com/~rem223/mau7

http://webhome.idirect.com/~rem223/mau18

http://webhome.idirect.com/~rem223/fatguy4

As for “Fatguy”; I really am not…..but I will let your imagination wander….. ๐Ÿ˜ฏ Actually the real avatar and name would probably get stale fast – but it would be interesting to see everyone as they are seen in real life – just a thought….. 8)

Maurice

nursewhen
    Participant
    Fatguy wrote:

Just visited your website – Wow……what a babe

๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Hey nice kiddie pictures! ๐Ÿ˜€

Fatguy wrote:

Perhaps you should use one of the belly dancing pics as an avatar and DancingHelen as the nick

I thought about a bellydancing avatar, but I’ve decided to stick with my current one. I like the idea of being immediately recogniseable wherever I go on the internet and don’t want to lose the people who already know my virtual face. ๐Ÿ˜€

purple_unicorn
    Participant

One nick is enough for me – I’d never be able to keep things straight if I used more than one. (I’m one of those people who have trouble walking and chewing gum at the same time, so you can see the potential problems! :shock:) I also think it’s nice to be able to ‘recognize’ friends and acquaintances when you run across them on different boards, and using the same nick, or at least a similar one, help with that. ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜€

Jhevz
    Participant

Hi Fellow Posters,
    Thanks for all your wonderful responses & posts; I’ll definitely tell them about your responses & show them the chart above. I also kinda figured this would be your response to this, but I wasn’t really sure; when I was here & other places online, I was told 1 thing, then I went to a couple of their meetings last yr & found out some of them had up to 8 Usernames in 1 board; so I was a little confused on which was right. I’m very glad you are & not them. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Here’s a picture of me that you might like:

Posters & Chatters Unite,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

nasym
    Participant

ur so pretty…

nasym tries to stay the hell away from all sorts of cameras and camera-looking-objects
    (yes, even the ones that spray water)

the worst picure I have is the one SumoKvalstreT took on me sleeping… I was about to kill him, but then I rememberd that his sister probably didnt want to be an only child
    If she ever post it Ill steal her bundle of joy (cat)

my nick is and allways has been “nasym”, if you flipp it it becomes “mysan” and my real name is “My”
    (my mother say “mysan”)

Yes I know My is a pronom, a guy from Calefornia had some fun aboute that

Its pronounsed “mue”… and he couldnt say that so it became “me”
    (he had even more fun about that)

but If its taken (dosnt happen much)
    I go by “MTTD”

Anonymous
    Inactive

I used to have a few usernames on this board, but simply because at that time the board was unstable and they kept breaking:p
    (I may well still have a spare admin account somewhere that I created so I could work on the board and restore my main username if anything happened to it again – I don’t know if that account survived the move from UBB to phpBB and can’t even remember what it was called)
    On some forums you can have a nickname as well as a username which you can change with the weather (propsero/delphi for example) and others do a similar thing with usertitle hacks.

Anonymous

For those of you that don’t know, SadGeezer was originally SadBastard (intimated to me by a barmaid I was chatting up (talking to her about Centauri hairstyles and how I’d always wanted to try one but never had the nerve ๐Ÿ™‚ )

Strangely enough, I’ve never come accross anyone else with the name SadGeezer ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anonymous
    ”Cat” wrote:

(I may well still have a spare admin account somewhere that I created so I could work on the board and restore my main username if anything happened to it again – I don’t know if that account survived the move from UBB to phpBB and can’t even remember what it was called).

The only other admin account besides Headge, Newkate, me and FX is ‘IvorBig’ with the password ‘Willie’ but I had to delete it because Newkate kept blushing (hehe, yeah right!) ๐Ÿ˜‰

Was that your other nick?

๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nope, I know it had ‘cat’ in it, but can’t remember other than that.

nasym
    Participant
    SadGeezer wrote:

Strangely enough, I’ve never come accross anyone else with the name SadGeezer ๐Ÿ˜‰

One of my favorit web pages are Wheezers house
    the girl that owns it calls herself Wheezer…

(the resemblence of the name was one of the things that made me stick around)

Anonymous

I can’t see any reason for more than one name except to preserve anonynimity.

For example if one of the Beans from LEXX was a die hard Sadgeezer, but also wanted to post in an official capacity and keep both seperate, that’s cool with me. I’m sure there’s more legit reasons, just can’t think of any off the top of my head.

But most the time it’s abused by strange people.

Just my 2 pennies on the situation

Jhevz
    Participant

Thanks LexxLurker,
    I kinda figured that would be the kind of response I’d get; but as I said before, I had no idea what kind of responses I would receive. I too only use Jhevz here, but on lexx.com, I mainly use Jhevz, because I’m usually inspired & motivated; I only use Keyeo there if our afternoon kid won’t work & we have to get after him, a volunteer won’t keep her problems at home & is very much anti-anyone who isn’t Republician & sees our President like a God, I’m having a bad day or on my monthly cycle. I’m planning on re-activating Leyeo & only use her as a `Roving Reporter’ at conventions or vacations. I only use Stephalee at scifi.com & may use her name at another site. These are the only 1s I use on this type of boards; & use another 1 for an entirely different board.
    Thanks again for your wonderul insight & have a great Summer.

Sci-FI Fan to Sci-FI Fan,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘Discussion Forum Help’ is closed to new topics and replies.