Acorn Media Lexx Series 3 v1 = Wow

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Acorn Media Lexx Series 3 v1 = Wow

• This topic has 8 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 22 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

DVD arrived today from Amazon, didnt see it until now. Menus look fantastic and so far the quality is pretty good as well. Once again AM provides a good product at a cheap price, paid 18 dollars for mine. Its so great to see this series on DVD. My VHS copies were incomplete and grainy at best. I wish they could release the whole series at once!

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by LexxLurker:
    DVD arrived today from Amazon, didnt see it until now. Menus look fantastic and so far the quality is pretty good as well. Once again AM provides a good product at a cheap price, paid 18 dollars for mine. Its so great to see this series on DVD. My VHS copies were incomplete and grainy at best. I wish they could release the whole series at once!

Glad you liked it! I wish we could release the whole series at once, too, but we’re still working on the S3 discs even as we speak.

–Aleck

Anonymous

Question for my DVD-mad friend, if I may;

How’re the episodes split up on the Season 3 DVDs, and what special features/commentaries will be included?

sgtdraino
    Participant

Hey Aleck, I’ve been wondering:

Season 2 was always four eps per dvd, but Season 3 consists of 13 episodes. Volume One has four, do you know yet how you’re going to split up the rest?

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Chris_A:
    Question for my DVD-mad friend, if I may;

How’re the episodes split up on the Season 3 DVDs, and what special features/commentaries will be included?

NB: The following info only applies to North American DVD releases.

Since 13 is an odd number (in more ways than one) for a series, the eps have been split 4-3-3-3 for the 4 S3 releases (we dropped the price from the 4-ep S2 releases to compensate). We, unfortunately, weren’t able to snag any of the people for commentaries (the DVD production and the series production kept overlapping in unfortunate ways). But here’s a run-down on the special features we have lined up (with the potential of this list to change, especially with the final release):

S3-V1: Storyboards, production photos, production sketches, cast and character bios, part one of “The Making of LEXX: Series III,” trivia questions and optional French language track.

S3-V2: Storyboards, production sketches, interview with editor Stewart Dowds, part two of “The Making of…yadda yadda yadda,” trivia questions and optional French language track.

S3-V3: Storyboards, production sketches, interview with Videomatics producer Peter Gaskin, part three of that “Making of” doohickey, trivia and the option of listening to French (maybe they’re French Canadian or Belgian, I dunno) people talking while you’re trying to watch LEXX. I don’t know if they’re saying anything related to the show or not.

S3-V4: Storyboards, the triumphant return of production photos, production sketches, interview with Effects Producer Alex Busby, the brain-smashing finale of “The Making of LEXX: Series III,” Trivia, and more French! This time, but I may be wrong, I think they’re reading “A la recherche du temps perdu” by Marcel Proust. Maybe something else on this one, too early to tell. Can’t say for sure. Maybe a S4 trailer. Maybe not.

That’s all I know right now.

–Aleck

Anonymous

You guys are gonna LOVE the interviews. Theres a great making of Series3 in which Brian, Nigel and Bruce discuss the series individually.

And I didnt know Brian smoked!!!!

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by LexxLurker:
    You guys are gonna LOVE the interviews. Theres a great making of Series3 in which Brian, Nigel and Bruce discuss the series individually.

And I didnt know Brian smoked!!!!

great work aleck as always! lexxlurker, as far as i could tell, the only people who didn’t smoke were paul and xenia …and brian is pretty close to a chain smoker (my lungs were hurting for a couple of weeks from trying to keep up)…there are some outtakes of brian sitting in the moth with little tendrils of smoke curling around him and paul screaming ‘where is that smoke coming from?’…maybe lexx could be used as an example of what prolonged nicotine exposure does to your brain

Anonymous

What, turns you into a musician?? May God have mercy on us all…

Cheers for the DVD info, Aleck. Most helpful indeed. Except now I have to stop my friend swimming to North America…

Anonymous

Yeah its one of those things that didnt register. I smoke as well so its not like Im making it sacrosanct it was just that I knew for a fact that MM, Pat, Rolf smoked. But Brian was never mentioned in any of those “….while were having a smoke” interviews so I just assumed. Was a giant surprise that in *Every* interview on that DVD there is smoke around Brian lol!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.