Added: Galen

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Headgehog
    Participant

I’ve added the character review for Crusade’s Galen to the database.

I must admit I’ve been putting off this review for a while because I thought I would’ve been much too harsh on the geezer. I don’t think I was nearly as hard on him as I thought it would have been.

Headgehog
    Participant

I’ve added character reviews for[list]
    [*]Lt John Matheson
    and
    [*]Dr. Sara Chambers[/list:u]

enjoy

Headgehog
    Participant

And rounding out the last of the Crusade Character Biographies is

Dureena Nafeel

grumbler
    Participant

Nice charactor reviews, but I feel you have missed Galen’s essential charactor with your “if you met him in a pub” description. IMO, it should read,

“If you were to see Galen in a pub, he would be the one sitting in a corner, people-watching. If you asked him how he was doing, he would reply “suprisingly well, considering the circumstances” and then go on “and you are remarkably cheerful, considering what is about to happen to you!”

I don’t regard Galen as a git, per se, but merely a Cassandra, doomed to know things that will bring grief to others. He is a “Kosh who feels the weight of being Kosh-like.”

If you have read the Technomage trilogy, his “assholiness” becomes more understandable, though not really more human.

In any case, I enjoyed these profiles as much as all the others, which is to say a lot. I keep trying to bring other people to this site, and think I will now post links to your charactorizations as further advertisements. Thanks for your efforts.

Headgehog
    Participant
    grumbler wrote:

Nice charactor reviews, but I feel you have missed Galen’s essential charactor with your “if you met him in a pub” description. IMO, it should read,

“If you were to see Galen in a pub, he would be the one sitting in a corner, people-watching. If you asked him how he was doing, he would reply “suprisingly well, considering the circumstances” and then go on “and you are remarkably cheerful, considering what is about to happen to you!”

Nice one! I can add it to the review if you’d like.

I normally use the pub paragraph to sneak in some good and/or cheap jokes about the character. Occasionally I use it to offer insights. But in Galen’s case, I was purposefully going for something demeaning, without being too evil. you should have seen some of my rough drafts… those would have gotten some hate mail

If you have read the Technomage trilogy, his “assholiness” becomes more understandable, though not really more human.

I haven’t, but it is on my “summer reading list”. I wanted to read through it before I attempted a culture review of the Technomages.

In any case, I enjoyed these profiles as much as all the others, which is to say a lot.

Thanks for your efforts.

Thank-you, it was my pleasure. Writing up these reviews can be a lot of fun. And I most certainly enjoy feedback, of any kind.

grumbler
    Participant
    Headgehog wrote:

Nice one! I can add it to the review if you’d like.

De nada. I was just offering feedback to you, and don’t feel really competant to interpret your style.

I normally use the pub paragraph to sneak in some good and/or cheap jokes about the character. Occasionally I use it to offer insights. But in Galen’s case, I was purposefully going for something demeaning, without being too evil. you should have seen some of my rough drafts… those would have gotten some hate mail.

I know. You don’t like him as much as I do, but that’s okay. It makes reading your stuff far more interesting!

Thank-you, it was my pleasure. Writing up these reviews can be a lot of fun. And I most certainly enjoy feedback, of any kind.

I would say they are the best part of the site, if I wasn’t afraid of offending someone else! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.