Added: God is Our Pilot

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Headgehog
    Participant

I’ve added the first review for the premier of Tripping the Rift. God is our Pilot.

I’ve also added aroudn 20 screengrabs to the downloads section ftom this episode. I plan on adding a few more things later tonight.

What’s everyone think?

CLR
    Participant
    Headgehog wrote:

I’ve added the first review for the premier of Tripping the Rift. God is our Pilot.

I’ve also added aroudn 20 screengrabs to the downloads section ftom this episode. I plan on adding a few more things later tonight.

What’s everyone think?

I was part of the production team and I’m honestly glad the fans like it. We had a lot of fun doing the show and are hoping for a second season.

A little insight on the creation of the show:

-there were approximately 150 characters created for the show. Without counting the reuses (that is the same character dressed up differently or made up differently). This is unheard of (at least to my knowledge) in 3d animation for broadcast.

-episode 1 originally started out very differently, and now that the show is airing I think I can mention that in the original draft, right at the start of the show you found out why Commander Adam of the Confederation and Darph Bobo were after Chode. This included a scene where Adam tries to find Six’s reset button with his middle finger- need I say more (funny that some people think its too crude – it was toned down alot).

-the show was created on 3dsMax 4.2 w/ Character Studio.

-aside from the director, there were 5 teams directly involved in production, modelling, textures, animation, lighting, and FX (wrap-up).

-all of the modelling and textures, plus most of the animation cycles were created at Cinegroupe. Five episodes were animated at the Montreal studio, the others were sub-contracted to a studio in Malasya.

-the opening was NOT created by Cinegroupe. I think Roman film opened a small studio and they took care of the opening (personally it doesn’t match the quality of the shows done in Montreal – then again I’m biased ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m certainly proud of my contribution to the show – taking into account all of the delays and time constraints… I think everyone involved is aswell. Thanks for keeping Chode alive,

CLR

Anonymous

I was part of the production team and I’m honestly glad the fans like it. We had a lot of fun doing the show and are hoping for a second season……

You godda be fucking kidding! I downloaded the episode from the net an hour ago (being a Brit) and my mouth was agog for all 21.5 minutes of it! I was honestly stunned, finally scifi channel have produced something worth watching!

There were lots of VERY cool parts to the show, but what impressed me the most was the quality of production, not only was it drawn well, but there were loads of little ‘moments’ that made you want to rewind and watch again.

The adult theme is just marvelous and I’m so glad that now we have a sci fi show for grown ups (the way LEXX used to be!). The Mile High club pun was great!

I’m dying to see what everyone else thought of the show, but I can guarantee (because I know how much Headgehog is a fan and has taken the whole series under his wing) that Tripping the Rift will be fully supported by this sadgeezer.com- Hey! It’s cult TV sci fi after all!

Thanks for the cool stuff on production. I don’t understand all of it ๐Ÿ™‚ but there are people who visit this site that do and will appreciate the info.

Anonymous
    ”HeadgehogI’ve wrote:

God is our Pilot[/url].

What’s everyone think?

Excellent work as always Headge – A joy to read!

Headgehog
    Participant
    CLR wrote:

-there were approximately 150 characters created for the show. Without counting the reuses (that is the same character dressed up differently or made up differently). This is unheard of (at least to my knowledge) in 3d animation for broadcast.

I was really impressed by all the various aliens, and how well they were all animated. I especially liked that one alien that walks in a vertical circle by having one leg circle over the either. It’s also the one that digests little amoeba aliens quite quickly.

This included a scene where Adam tries to find Six’s reset button with his middle finger- need I say more (funny that some people think its too crude – it was toned down alot).

Any chance of any deleted scenes being released? ๐Ÿ˜‰

-the opening was NOT created by Cinegroupe. I think Roman film opened a small studio and they took care of the opening (personally it doesn’t match the quality of the shows done in Montreal – then again I’m biased ๐Ÿ™‚

You are right, the opening does look very different from the rest of the episode. The actual episode seems less choppy, the characters move more smoothly etc…

I’m certainly proud of my contribution to the show

We all certainly appreciate your hard work.

taking into account all of the delays

I’ve noticed the show has been delayed more then a few times. What were the causes?

CLR
    Participant

I was really impressed by all the various aliens, and how well they were all animated. I especially liked that one alien that walks in a vertical circle by having one leg circle over the either. It’s also the one that digests little amoeba aliens quite quickly.

That was done in pre-anim by one of the two lead animators on the show. I’m surprised nobody mentioned Jesus and his crucafix yet… that background gag was put back in at the last minute.

Any chance of any deleted scenes being released? ๐Ÿ˜‰

There weren’t as many deleted scenes as pacing changes and added shots. Those I mention were never officially rendered and probably don’t have any sound f/x (if they still exist). I might have some previews but I’m sure I’d get into lots of trouble showing those. I understand why they took out the shots, but they sorta panicked and instead of taking out the offensive material removed an entire sequence which was quite funny.

What were the causes?

I’m not sure what precisely delayed the project but I know that at the beginning there were numerous script drafts and changes.

I’m looking forward to seeing the public’s reaction to Episode 2.

Headgehog
    Participant
    CLR wrote:

I’m surprised nobody mentioned Jesus and his crucafix yet… that background gag was put back in at the last minute.

I’ve been over the episode with a fine pick and comb, and I can’t find Jesus. No pun intended. Where is it exactly is he?

There weren’t as many deleted scenes as pacing changes and added shots. Those I mention were never officially rendered and probably don’t have any sound f/x (if they still exist). I might have some previews but I’m sure I’d get into lots of trouble showing those.

I was thinking more about DVD bonus material. I definatly don’t want to get anyone in trouble.

Thanks for all the info.

CLR
    Participant

I’ve been over the episode with a fine pick and comb, and I can’t find Jesus. No pun intended. Where is it exactly is he?

Crap – they pulled it out (was wondering why there was no comments about that). It was simply Jesus running to catch his flight (dragging a crucafix on wheels with a bunch of location stickers like “I LUV Jerusalem” on it).

The only other background gag I remember is the mechanised dog scooting at the timeport.

Headgehog
    Participant
    CLR wrote:

[Crap – they pulled it out (was wondering why there was no comments about that). It was simply Jesus running to catch his flight (dragging a crucafix on wheels with a bunch of location stickers like “I LUV Jerusalem” on it).

Might have had something to do with The Passion… being released only a week earlier. Bad timing and such. Someone on scifi.com/tripping actually claimed that they (your studio) produced the whole episode in a few days to counter the religious fervor of the movie. HA!

There’s lots of background jokes , that I loved. Some of which I’m only seeing after the 6th viewing. Most of my faves are on the time plane. The two aliens nodding to each other in agreement, implying that they think that the stewardess is hot. Then the next scene with those two aliens (and another one!) joining the mile high club with her!
    Another one is after the plane first starts experiencing turbulence, one of the bug aliens accross from chode starts shaking his booze bottle to try to get the remaining alcohol. Works great with the liquor joke!
    The two headed alien wearing Jesus fish and Darwin fish necklaces were hilarious.
    Finally having the winning baseball player look like a Chicago Cub, really drove home the apocalypse joke.

Anonymous

Quote-of-the-week:

I was honestly stunned, finally scifi channel have produced something worth watching!

As long as Sci-Fi does not stifle them I see a long franchise in the works. Probably the best original Sci-Fi Ive seen since LEXX. It’s like putting Python and HhGttG into a blender, add in a totally twisted view of pop-culture and science fiction, and dash with LSD.

I hope these guys keep pushing the limit.

Anonymous

So do I – although classic one-lines, thought-provoking statements full of subtle innuendo and intrigue like…. ‘The dead do not poo’ are gonna be hard to beat! ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous

I was pleasantly surprised – I didn’t care much for the original short. I am glad I watched it, though, as it helps to know who these losrs are before they start their wacky hijinks. ๐Ÿ™‚

JoeAvg
    Participant

I too was pleased. It hasn’t been since LEXX that I would eagerly await a next episode of any show. I just hope Sci-Fi’s censors keep there hands off. The reset button scene sounds like it would have been one of the funniest parts.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.