Added: Litmus Test

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Headgehog
    Participant

This was another good one. Unlike many of the previous episodes, they managed to keep the atmosphere tense and uncertain. Unfortunatly though, I think they blew it at the end when Sgt Hadrian was questioning Adama.

Well here it is for your reading pleasure:

Litmus Test

Headgehog
    Participant

And here is the episode transcript.

Sidhecafe
    Participant

Nice review, Headgehog!!!

One thing I’d like to point out, you seem to be treating the #6 Baltar talks to AS a chip or some other implant of the real #6.

I’m not sure that’s the case at all. I think he’s literally gone insane and she represents his guilt, fears and conscience.

Headgehog
    Participant

As of Litmus I was treating #6 as a chip in the head. As you read through the reviews in the coming weeks, you’ll notice that my opinions change, re: #6 and other things. I’ve decided to keep my personal comments and thoughts in the review as a sort of blog, so that I (and others) can see what was going through my twisted head at the time.

There are plenty of arguments for and against the chip idea. For most of the season it stays pretty ambiguous, so I elected to use the explanation given in the mini, for my reviews until I was given evidence to the contrary. I could say more, but I want to keep this spoiler free.

Evidence for guilt in this episode, comes when #6 threatens Baltar to complete his work on the Cylon detector. But that could just be part of a farther reaching cylon plot… or not

Sidhecafe
    Participant

SPOILERS

Yeah, I was convinced she’s not real by the little docemtary/interviews Scifi did with the cast of BSG before the pilot of the new series started.
    The actress who plays #6 makes a reference that would seem to indicate Baltar is really crazy, and she’s not actually there at all.
    Which I think makes a lot more sense to the cohesion (uh, yeah) of his character.

Given I haven’t seen what comes next of course ๐Ÿ˜‰ I could change my mind!

I haven’t read any of the next reviews, since I’m on the American schedule. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Thanks though!!!

Headgehog
    Participant

In the mini-series commentary, the director told the actors to play it out as if she was a chip in his head. But the part was written as if he was insane. Confusing much… Callis also explains in the series lowdown that Baltar does believe that she is a chip in his head.

There will be more evidence pointing one way or another throughout the season. The most damning comes in the final minutes of Kobol’s Last Gleaming Pt2.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.