Added – new Sci Fi Choices…

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Announcements/New Stuff Added – new Sci Fi Choices…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

There are some superb suggestions for Sci Fi stuff in the Sci Fi Choice section. I’m always amazed at how cool Sci Fi SadGeezers really are.

In particular the latest addition (by fluffy bunny) – Rising Stars : Born In Fire (Vol. 1) by J. Michael Straczynski of Babylon 5 fame and prefaced by Neil Gaiman (Sandman).

For Graphic novel fans and fans of JMS this looks like being a classic!

Another new edition is A Fire Upon the Deep by Vernon Vinge.

There is an opportunity to comment on the titles in the Sci Fi Choice section yourself! I’d love to see your thoughts on them.

fluffy bunny
    Participant

Straczynski’s done a lot of comic work (including a stint on the main spiderman title)- not all of it good though.

I woudn’t saw that Rising Stars is without flaws, but it does have a certain appeal

Anonymous
    Inactive
    SadGeezer wrote:

There is an opportunity to comment on the titles in the Sci Fi Choice section yourself! I’d love to see your thoughts on them.

Yes, me too. It can act as another discussion forum, it’s having diiferent viewpoints/insights that makes it particularly cool.

”Sci wrote:

Please do not vote for the same item more than once.
    The scale is 1 – 10, with 1 being poor and 10 being excellent.
    Please be objective in your vote, if everyone receives a 1 or a 10, the ratings aren’t very useful.
    Do not vote for your own item or a competitor’s.

This probably sounds moronic (I am a bit tired, but have never scoffed at playing the fool before :D), but when it says, “Do not vote for your own item”, does it mean an item that you have a vested commercial interest in (the “competitor’s” bit lends credence to that), or one that you simply submitted and have no interest in other than you’re a fan and want to share it with others? Don’t think I have any competitors at sadgeezer.com. ๐Ÿ˜› At least I hope not. ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜‰

In the previous Sci Fi Choice thread that’s what I was trrying to get at, but lost my response and was very unclear when I hastily rewrote it. I figured how it could be submitted, but I had hoped there might a way to do it without rating it, and since it was an item I originally added I wasn’t sure if I was allowed to rate it (but really wanted to add a comment).

Anonymous
    Logan wrote:

”Sci wrote:

Please do not vote for the same item more than once.
    The scale is 1 – 10, with 1 being poor and 10 being excellent.
    Please be objective in your vote, if everyone receives a 1 or a 10, the ratings aren’t very useful.
    Do not vote for your own item or a competitor’s.

This probably sounds moronic (I am a bit tired, but have never scoffed at playing the fool before :D), but when it says, “Do not vote for your own item”, does it mean an item that you have a vested commercial interest in (the “competitor’s” bit lends credence to that), or one that you simply submitted and have no interest in other than you’re a fan and want to share it with others? Don’t think I have any competitors at sadgeezer.com. ๐Ÿ˜› At least I hope not. ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜‰
    [/quote]

Erm…. Yes that comment does sound a bit silly doesn’t it!?

I’ll take it out (it confuses me so I guess it’ll do the same for others. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.