Added: Resistance

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Headgehog
    Participant

It’s a couple weeks late, but I think it has some decent enough quips:

Resistance Review

mandara k
    Participant

Headge, I’m so glad you are back in the saddle again.

Can anyone say sophomoric slump? Yeah, the eps are slowly getting better but we have seen these types of scenarios over and over again on TV.

I think they shot themselves in the foot with these cliffhanger endings, it takes 6 eps to resolve it and they cannot move on until they do.

Well, Tyrol’s actor body no longer does fan BB work, he got all huffy, and well i don’t see Bamber’s popularity waning because he’s not on fan BB’s but the actor that plays Tyrol is not an Olmos or a Bamber, not even in the stadium. Not to get too far ahead, it’s
    too bad they couldn’t replace the replacement CAG in Home 1 with him, better yum potential.

Oh, well, I’ll face it, he’s here to stay and he does okay in these scenes, he hits the floor well, and does the tense well but wait a bit to see Adama’s work in The Farm, that’s talent.

I think what they could do is well tie up this cliff but go forward with something new, they need to get moving to Earth, put in that Cylon-rich ep, and what happened to the sex, the soft variety?

I mean I would prefer to watch the Leoben beating of last season and I hate violence, but it was interesting because there was intelligent exchange.

I don’t think these eps are better at all and after five of them i wonder what happened to the BSG I liked.

It seems repetitive nature of the Caprican stand-offs, booming Betty’s. and the jail cells are making this just another sci-fi show.

And I had such high hopes for it too.

mandara k
    Participant

Okay, let me be fair, Tyrol did do well in the Tigh exchange and the Boomer/jail moment, but man Olmos was incredible at breaking down, for an actor that usually has a tough screen persona …that was gold.

But I got ahead of HH, I’m sure we will hear of this in reviews. I’m off to watch Das Boot, i went to the Museum of Science and Industry yesterday in Chi-town and saw a U-boat up close and personal they restored and man, that was mind-blowing. They said the movie was very close to what is was like for those guys. I like watching Prochnow as the “old man” and how they contrast him in the movie.

For someone who can’t stand war, submarines interest me. i think it’s because, like in space, it’s a whole ‘nother world in the dark blue depths.

mandara k
    Participant

I’m going to throw it out there but is anyone really surprised that they would take parts off the Pegasus, and dump the ship? C’mon, the Cylons have studied the newer battlestars, and well this show is called Galactica, not Pegasus.

You see this is the burr i have, I know about story arcs and they take time to be told, but it moves way too slow, on one hand we are praised as fans as being intelligent, but then given arcs that slow us down.

That’s why I don’t watch the sci-fi series offered before BSG, too slow, too predictable. I stick with movies mainly because i can be in a world for 2 hours, those that make it know this is it, all they have is 90 minutes or however long they have and they move it along. The exception of course is LOTR, but even that got slow. I skip over the Frodo scenes mostly because damn they take forever to get to Mt. Doom. But man love the Helm’s Deep stuff and the ents in The Two Towers, the Fellowship faves were with the elves, and the Return of the king were the Minas Tirith stuff. Love Gandalf, especially when he takes control of the battle and doesn’t take guff from someone not rightly in charge.

Sorry ot, but it is to show that I know they need arcs but for jiminy cricket, spice it up more.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.