Added: Valley of Darkness Transcript

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Headgehog
    Participant

For your reading enjoyment,

the transcript to Valley of Darkness.

Tell all your friends (and enemies).

This was definitly one of the better episodes of the series a pleasure to watch and transcribe.

cubejockey
    Participant

I counted 6 cylons on the ship…scanning through this transcript.

Goddamn can Jamie Barber act. Freaking out and trying to keep composure and all…

When will Doc Coddle die? Because we he gets on the galactica (Adama critical….a hundred chewed up dead crewmembers). I think he’ll have a stroke.

They better strip everything they can off the dead…Wonder how much is left (bullets and bandages).

The ragtag fleet shot of Galactica floating out of formation from the fleet…I’d be freaking out if I saw that from some refugee ship.

And the darkness on the decks when the power went out. I was watching this in dark too and I couldn’t make heads or tails.

I’d venture to say they lost about 100 crewmembers. Final tally on next weeks opening, eh?

We lost socinius, tarn, some callsign noob named hotshot. We gained that “knuckledragger” named Jammer. He was interesting an well written in…freaking out but kinda bragging when he helped knock out those two last cylons. In fact the mentally wacked-out acting from those who witnessed the centurion firefights was really good.

Helo: Enough, all right. Okay, I was fooled by help she fooled me. You happy now?

Starbuck: It’s not about making me happy.

Helo: Then what’s it about? What do you want here? You want me to say I’m a fracking idiot, okay. I’m a fracking idiot.

Starbuck: That make you feel better?

Helo: I don’t care anymore. I’ve been here for months. By myself, o­n the run. o­n step ahead of the cylons. With the cylons, I guess, actually. She seemed so real. Like Sharon, you know? Same grin, same laugh. All the little things. I feel in love with a machine. That’s stupid. So just call me an idiot, and let’s be done with it.

Starbuck: You’re an idiot.

Helo: All right?

Starbuck: You’re an idiot. But the cylons have a way of making all of us look like idiots.

If I were in that scene I’d think I’d shoot Starbuck for that “compassion” . She thinks she better than the rest…Too bad Helo couldn’t come back with “…by the way…Zak fooled you too.”

Maybe Zak was a cylon.

Starbuck: After they attacked, I never… I never pined over any of my old crap. Never missed it. Stupid view of the parking lot. Broken toilet in the bathroom. You know, everyone I know… is fighting to get back what they had. And fighting I’m fighting ’cause they don’t know how to do anything else. [Sighing]

” …And fighting I’m fighting ’cause they don’t know how to do anything else.”

Uh…well Hedge you got me on that one..Is that a typo to trip up transcript thieves? I’m still trying to decipher that line.

Either one of those bitch lines of Kara’s or something…”Waaaaa!! I’m always fighting”. LOL Those who listen to Artie Lange on The Howard Stern Show know what im talking about…come to think of it…another smart-ass comeback line for Helo if I was a writer.

Roslin: Open the door.

Venner: You know I can’t do that, Madame President.

Roslin: Corporal Venner, I have no intention of being locked in this cell and shot like a rat in a cage. Open the door!

He opens her rat cage

Roslin: Thank you.

There’s a reason Venner is guarding the rat cage. One can say it was his turn on duty at the brig, he’s like all of the marine privates.
    But these two episodes show him to be weak and sorta “born again christian-ish”. Sergeant Hadrian musta knew Venner sucked in tight quarters.

Yup, you brits were wondering why half of America voted for Bush….there ya’ go.:lol:

That’s all I got, you mother-fraggers.

Headgehog
    Participant
    cubejockey wrote:

Goddamn can Jamie Barber act. Freaking out and trying to keep composure and all…

I was pleasantly surprised by his performance tonight. Normally he doesn’t convey as being a strong leader to the audience. Instead he often seems ineffective when it comes to commanding.

When will Doc Coddle die? Because we he gets on the galactica (Adama critical….a hundred chewed up dead crewmembers). I think he’ll have a stroke.

He seems too calm to me to have a stroke. Must be all that smoking that calms him down. Or maybe the cigs will give him the stroke…

I’d venture to say they lost about 100 crewmembers. Final tally on next weeks opening, eh?

I was going to save this for the review but, tonight’s opening total had 47874 survivors. Its a well known fact that Moore is in the “47” cult. That number is featured twice in the total “47” 8 “74”. Albeit the last time backwards. It must pain him to have to get rid of such a sly reference (and a nice palindrome)

We gained that “knuckledragger” named Jammer. He was interesting an well written in…freaking out but kinda bragging when he helped knock out those two last cylons.

He made his first appearance in Litmus, as the deckhand who causes some minor trouble after Roslin’s address. He’s a punk, and it’s nice to see that they kept writing his character that way. His trash talking after the cylons were killed, after they took out a several dozen a piece in the hour prior nonetheless, made me want to slap him.

Starbuck: After they attacked, I never… I never pined over any of my old crap. Never missed it. Stupid view of the parking lot. Broken toilet in the bathroom. You know, everyone I know… is fighting to get back what they had. And fighting I’m fighting ’cause they don’t know how to do anything else. [Sighing]

” …And fighting I’m fighting ’cause they don’t know how to do anything else.”

Uh…well Hedge you got me on that one..Is that a typo to trip up transcript thieves? I’m still trying to decipher that line.[/quote]
    I mostly take it all from the subtitles. Tonight’s episode was really frakked up in terms of errors. Usually its only 1-2 plus capitalization errors. Tonight they mis-assigned lines, added or missed lines entirely, threw words into weird places (as shown above). In my haste to get these things out so fast. I occasionally miss a few errors, or make some myself when typing descriptions. I actually remember catching that one, but based on the hectic way I prepare these things, I skipped it and meant to fix it later. I fixed it now.

When I change things for the thieves, it’s always little things. (So that I can prove their origin later) Big changes are easily spotted, and only slow down the thief for a moment, and it only serves to aggrevate normal fans. I could actually stop all theft if I really wanted to. But it would prevent people from easily copy-pasting lines for threads, and it would also make saving the webpages sort of a hassle. I’d rather not punish the whole community because of one “arsey” fan.

edit: grammar

carup008
    Participant

I just wanted to say that BG second season is off to a great start. Finally, a sci-fi show we have all been waiting for.

Thank the gods! 😀

aneeqa
    Participant

Salaam,
    I agree carup008 BSG is really off to a great start! I hope it stays the way inshalla. Salaams

mandara k
    Participant

I don’t think it has the flow of last season, it’s very herky-jerky. And ripping movies that have benn done before, well, is boring.

I believe this does not match a KLG1 or 2, or even some of the weaker eps.

Too much running around in the dark, too much running around on Kobol. Not anough about the old man, or Boomer, and to be honest i am getting tired of their core players and ancillary. If they are not moving anywhere but in the dark or from Cylons on Kobol with a rip from another war movie, I’d rather see other members of the fleet or more about this council of 12 and the subsequent planets they represent.

I mean we know om Zarek’s peeps elected him why type of people would elect a murderer and a terrorist as their leader. that would be a psyche to delve into, the people that make the Colonies.

The rest of this is wind-up from the cliff and resolutions, and I’m bored with it

Headgehog
    Participant
    ”mandara wrote:

I mean we know om Zarek’s peeps elected him why type of people would elect a murderer and a terrorist as their leader. that would be a psyche to delve into, the people that make the Colonies.

It happens all the time in countries all over the globe. I see some election results and think “WTF?!’

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.