Added: Valley of Darkness

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Headgehog
    Participant

I know its late, and pretty lame

I give you the dark: Valley of Darkness

mandara k
    Participant

Are you frackin’ smokin’ me Headge? Is he really part of a cult revolving around a … πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† number? Are you joshing me or do you have proof of this?

Well, people call my beliefs cultish too i suppose but, well they be resting on some common sense, I prefer 22 myself, or just 3.

How ’bout this one little Moore-man because you left that burr on my arse and are going to support him and his huge ego, you have to spend 47 lifetimes not being human. or your show will give out at season 4 ep 7.

I’m just joshing of course, but let me tell you, the crap i had to deal with with fans of his show. OOh yeah, I’m going to change the number. Just for fun….. and because i can 😯 πŸ˜‰

Headgehog
    Participant

Cult may be a strong and hyperbolic word. But there is certainly lots of evidence that 47 turns up a lot in his shows.

I have a favourite number too… 😈

mandara k
    Participant

Why not 69? Both giver and receiver of pleasure, not so angular and harsh, rounded off the rough lines.

Yeah, try 69 for a while.

You see his eye has been trained to see 47, just as we can train our mind to see many things.

Oh, sorry, good review of Valley of Darkness.

I was not impressed at all, even with those lifted “Saving Private Ryan” scenes again with a little Crimson Tide thrown in in the next ep of “Fragged” AH’s acting was executed well to get the response, but i felt more for Socinus than the guy who euthanized him. The Chief did slightly better in “Fragged” if they could stop ripping SPR.

This ep was so dark you couldn’t see the dead , I mean Hitchcock could pace scenes well to build suspense, this was a rush through.

No more cliffs for them πŸ˜• they have problems resolving them for best effect.

And the baby drowning, um pointless, because we don’t even know what this baby is and yeah, if it’s Cylon half-breed Adam would kill it.

Stick with “Fragged” material about does killing another make us human or higher art and ideals. The Buddha said if there is a tiger at your feet ready to devour you, you are perfectly within bounds to knock it away, but killing a big no no. I mean if you watched Constantine they would make you believe we are all going to hell in a handbasket.

DO you read Dante? That would pep up this constant borrowing from movies. “associate with fine books and fine people one of my mentors’ said. And he also says if you associate with evil people even if you are a good person, you will end up doing evil.

That’s enough, waiting on that review of “Fragged”

Headgehog
    Participant
    ”mandara wrote:

Yeah, try 69 for a while.

You don’t have to tell me twice! 8)

You see his eye has been trained to see 47, just as we can train our mind to see many things.

Actually my brother is the one who constantly points out the 47’s to me. I think its contrived, much like numerology in general. There’s a great line from Pi where the mentor says something to the effect of if you look for any specific number, you will find it everywhere, just by virtue of looking for it. I’ll have to look up the exact line later.
    Ironically I pointed out a 47 for my brother earlier today. His reaction was similiar to the one I always give him: the middle finger. He told me that 47 rarly turned up in another Ron Moore series, Roswell. But then I reminded him of what year the crash took place.

Oh, sorry, good review of Valley of Darkness.

Thanks, but like I alluded to earlier it was rushed and not very funny.

This ep was so dark you couldn’t see the dead , I mean Hitchcock could pace scenes well to build suspense, this was a rush through.

I’m sure if it were up to the producers, and hour episode would really be 2 hours long, with the same amount of diolouge and action. The miniseries was cut to run in a three hour slot, by removing a few small scenes and getting rid of all the distracting pauses, silences, long shots etc.
    But at the end of the day, they only have ~42 minutes to tell their story, so rushing has to happen.

DO you read Dante? That would pep up this constant borrowing from movies. “associate with fine books and fine people one of my mentors’ said. And he also says if you associate with evil people even if you are a good person, you will end up doing evil.

Do I read Dante, or do they read Dante? I read it about a year ago. I occasionally reference it for some off colour jokes with friends. Or just to be a bastard and creep people out… πŸ‘Ώ

That’s enough, waiting on that review of “Fragged”

I really hope to have it done by Wednesday night. Really really hope.

But I have two episodes of TTR to review, with transcripts and screengrabs. Ideally that will be done by Tuesday… But realistically I should put more effort into TTR as it draws many more people to the site than BSG.

If there are any wanna-be reviewers lurking out there. I could really really use a hand right now!

At the very least, I’m uploading screengrabs tonight from Fragged.

Tiefling
    Participant

Another very well done review Headge.
    (don’t push yourself too hard to get reviews out “on time” πŸ˜€ the episodes’ll still be there if you’re “late”)

Anonymous

Great review Headge! (as usual) πŸ™‚

However. I’m frankly appalled that such a great episode review was spoiled by a discussion on the most dastardly number on earth and the despotic heathens who follow them. 47ners are scum sucking bottom dwellers bereft of intelligence, imagination and taste. Their audacity and arrogance knows no bounds and the only reason that fools seem to flock to that hateful website[/url] is it’s proximity to our number of light, the supreme numerical magnificence, the deeply impressive dignified quantity, 42.

The 33ers and the 26ers are simply misguided fools, the 69ers are, of course a total TOTAL bunch of perverts (I should know, I’ve been one myself since about 16 – 16 is a bad number too by the way). But the most evil of all despots are those bastards the 47ners.

If you look at their misguided frivolous rantings you can see that their illiteracy and innumeracy is quite laughable. In the very excellent Valley of Darkness review we are lead to assume that there is some sort of significance between the number 47 and the number 47,864. There is of course no relationship whatsoever! 47,874 is 1000 and something times 47 so what! It’s not the slightest bit interesting as say imagining a 1000 and something times 69 for instance. Worse still if you go to that hateful website they wax lyrical about bloody 247 or 1947 or any stupid number with a 4 and a seven in it. I mean!? What’s the point!

Here is a reason why our most majestic quantity, 42 is the king of numbers and certainly more appealing that that bloody waste of time 47.

42 is magnificent because it is:

[list]The atomic number of molybdenum (Molybdenum has a high melting point and is used to make the electrodes of electrically heated glass furnaces)
    Wolves and dogs (Canines) have 42 teeth.
    One barrel of oil is equivalent to 42 U.S. gallons of oil.
    The answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe and Everything, according to Douglas Adams’ book The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.
    The second 16-bit word of every TIFF format image file, used together with the first word to indicate byte order.
    A common metasyntactic variable used by programmers.
    Fox Mulder’s apartment number.
    Level 42, the name of a band.
    The Kumars at No. 42 TV series. In 2003, Sanjeev Bhaskar hosted a BBC show nominating The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy as Britain’s Best Loved Book. During the show Bhaskar stated that the Kumars house number was in honour of the book.
    inode number of the root directory of reiser4 file system.
    One of the Hurley numbers in Lost
    The number of Laws of cricket.
    The age at which Elvis Presley died.
    In Lewis Carroll’s book The Hunting of the Snark, the baker left 42 pieces of luggage on the pier. Lewis Carroll was strangely fascinated by this number. For more references, read The Annotated Alice.
    The sum of the numbers or spots on a pair of conventional (six-sided) dice.
    The name of a Texan trick-taking game played with dominoes (see 42 (dominoes)).
    The number of the French department Loire.
    The minimum age one had to have to be elected a consul in the Roman Republic.
    The jersey number of Jackie Robinson, which is retired by all Major League Baseball teams.
    The number of distinct types of cheese requested in Monty Python’s Cheese Shop sketch.
    The address of P. Sherman in the Disney/Pixar film Finding Nemo is 42 Wallaby Way.
    The movement number of the Hallelujah Chorus in Handel’s Messiah.
    Part of the name of:
    42 BELOW, a vodka produced in New Zealand.
    The potion Juliet drank caused her to sleep for forty-two hours (Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet, Act IV, Scene 1, line 105).
    In Japanese, 42 (shi ni) is spelled like “going to death”. Because of that, in Japan, 42 is considered as disastrous number.
    Age (in years) of a horse that drove Mr.Pickwick to Golden Cross, as reported by a cabman (The Pickwick Papers, Chapter III).[/list:u]

AND did you know that the Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy is WRONG!! 6 x 9 IS 42!!! Compile the following C++ code that multiplies SIX by NINE and see for yourself!

[code:1]#include <stdio.h>
    #define SIX 1 + 5
    #define NINE 8 + 1

int main(void)
    {
    printf( "What do you get if you multiply %d by %d: %d
    ", SIX, NINE, SIX * NINE );
    return 0;
    }[/code:1]

It of course returns the answer 42 not 54 (another diabolical number by the way!)

So, can we at least forget these usurpers, the despots of mathematical ineptitude, give credit where credit is due and wershi… erm recognise 42 for the power and the majesty it deserves!

mandara k
    Participant

Okay, okay, you can have 42…

Gosh almighty., mathemeticians ans scientists πŸ™„ πŸ˜‰

Um, if it this is true don’t you think the Incas or the Toltecs or the Egyptians would have thought of it and it would be common knowledge by now.

OT a little, I was watching “The Motorcycle Diaries” last night and it hit me, they did it so well. I’ll try to paraphrase it.They said the Incans who were versed in astronomy, medicine I think and something else built this (they showed Macchu Picu) and then they said Coronado came by boat and gave us this (and they should the aeriel shot of Lima, Peru. What a difference. MP was surreal and beautiful, Lima modern and ugly.

No, Headge the Dante stap was general for those who keep handing us repeats of sci-fi until we all know what will happen before it airs. They need new ideas. For a genre that speaks of our future it lacks hope and it lacks imagination given the current sci-fi we have.

And no Sean Bean purring at the beginning of a promotional commercial for the Sci-Fi channel will convince me they have imagination when they show us ideas for shows they are not original, are too mainstream, and are boring.

I’m going back to finding the magic no. πŸ˜› no watching movies and staying away from episodic television.

Anonymous
    ”mandara wrote:

Okay, okay, you can have 42…

Naaa, I’ve gone off 42 for a bit, I’m quite fond of eleven at the moment πŸ™‚

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.