Aeon Flux DVD

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    aeonfluxdvd
    Participant

Check out this site that will sell you the Aeon Flux DVD (in DVD-R copied format) for very cheap: http://www.underneaththesky.com/aeonflux_dvd/ – Check it out!

theFrey
    Participant

Ummmm, not to be a big fussy, but will money be changing hands here???? That is what sell usually means. And if so, how so? Did you buy the rights to this?

I understand about the whole not available thing, but posting a site to PURCHASE priated copies, on a site that supports the creative companies themselves…… that would be wrong.

aeonfluxdvd
    Participant

I agree about supporting the artists and the companies, but in this case since there’s no way to get the DVD legally and its such a fricking cool DVD… the charge for the copy is only a few dollars to cover the cost of the dvd-r and the shipping and handling. The way I see it, the more people who get to see it will fall in love with Aeon Flux and that can only be a good thing.

aeonfluxdvd
    Participant

I don’t want to cause trouble… so if you think I should remove the post I will or you can, but I think some people might actually be interested in it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I see theFrey got here first while I was typing this up in Word

No price is listed at your site, does that mean it’s negotiable? If the copy was not being sold at cost, we do have a policy at this non-profit site that this site cannot be used for personal profit, or generally commercial reasons (including advertising).

While production of the DVDs does seem to be suspended indefinitely, and that is a shame, used DVDs are available at amazon.com and other sites.

If it’s illegal (i.e. you don’t have the producers of Aeon Flux’s permission) I must offer this disclaimer:

Content and services offered must not violate local, national, or international laws – including violations of copyright, patents, and other’s intellectual property.

See Terms of Service

Anonymous

I’m in a similar predicament with the development and production of an English subtitled version of Kin Dza Dza.

In the end I decided that if I produce a DVD and make it available to people who want it, then I’d have to make sure that I wouldn’t make any profit. I should also state clearly that if a commercial English subbed release was produced and sold (either on the net or otherwise) then my copy would be withdrawn.

If on the one hand you intend to sell a pirated copy of the DVD and make a discernible profit (however small) – I will absolutely NOT support you in this (ie. allow you to promote the DVD on SadGeezer.Com). Peter Chung and the guys at Liquid TV deserve all the profits they can get from the show and however laudable your efforts for the fan-base, you would infringe copyright and stop them from earning future sales income (should there be any).

If however, you genuinely want to produce a DVD for Æon Flux fans and are prepared to so at cost then dude, you are a real gentleman! Amazon second hand DVDs are going for $70 plus and I would certainly be interested in a copy with the above stipulation. I personally would also not mind you promoting it on this site – despite the reference Logan made to the Terms of Service (that’s something me and the mods would have to discuss before a decision could be made).

aeonfluxdvd
    Participant

Well it looks like my little sharing idea is going to cause me more trouble than it is worth. It just sucks that they stopped producing the DVD, what the hell made them do that?? So how about if you moderators just delete my posts and I’ll just forget about it. Cool?

Anonymous

Awe damn! 🙁 Does that mean that you aren’t going to do it at cost?

And please don’t be upset at the copyright thing. We really do have to be careful on this site not to piss off the TV producers and film companies (re pics in reviews etc.)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Why do you want to forget about it? If your reasons for advertising the link are indeed good ones (not commercially motivated), then there’s no need to sweep it under the table — what is the cost out of curioslty? Besides, this is a discussion board, and it’s generating interesting discussion (personally, I usually dislike it when threads are deleted at boards because in most of those you learn something… At most usually, if need be, a post can be edited or thread closed). As a general topic, I find this fascinating… legally, ethically etc.

I merely wanted to point out the Terms of Service for consideration… Must be careful with the kinds of practices one encourages, obviously.

If it weren’t for Sad’s voluntary hard work involving Kin Dza Dza, people wouldn’t have the chance to see a film that everybody deserves the opportunity to see. It has the potential to enrich the sci-fi community greatly. They’re not releasing it for us, but I know most every filmmaker, or artist generally, wants to have as wide an audience as possible. The people who made that great, unknown film deserve a wide audience, and recognition for their accomplishment.

Trey Parker and Matt Stone actually made a point at their site in asking people to download the eps (for free) for that reason. Many artists in the music industry feel the same way – they want exposure for their work, and by generating an audience, they get notoriety and the chance at more success.

One of my posts just today involved someone asking where they could download a song. . I thought about copyright and distribution legalities, but decided after my googling to provide the free link (and only working link to it I found), and added a quote from another site which states that the music is virtually impossible to buy. Lexx people know all about such problems (the Brigadoom soundtrack wasn’t released, and so…).

So my personal feelings are, if it’s not made available by the proper commercial groups, I appreciate others making it available as long as their goals are altruistic – they’re not trying to turn a profit from other people’s work, and they’re not interfering with the right people getting paid for their work.. The used Aeon Flux DVDs at amazon are pretty darned expensive because there is little supply, and when one is buying from any private seller one has to be very careful to be insured that one is really getting what one paid for (a lot of scams). Caveat emptor when it comes to such stuff, which is why up-front set costs, terms of service, and guarantess if possible are useful.

theFrey
    Participant
    aeonfluxdvd wrote:

Well it looks like my little sharing idea is going to cause me more trouble than it is worth. It just sucks that they stopped producing the DVD, what the hell made them do that?? So how about if you moderators just delete my posts and I’ll just forget about it. Cool?

Why delete the posts. Many of us have sent fellow fans items not otherwise available to them. Some of use send them free and some of us get reembursed for media (dvd/VHS/floppy ect) and postage.

So it would depend on what you paid for your media. Normally between 1.25 large packs and 2.00 small packs around here. Plus a bit more (1.00?) for a case that can stand up to email and an envelope. And then peeps would need to know where you live so people can figure postage costs. 🙂

jkno
    Participant

I’m from Romania and even if my salary is lower thna most of your I prefer to have original DVD’s. I boight from ebay (through a friend) an Aeon Flux DVD.

But the problem lies elsewhere. Since i’m in Europe I’m not sure how can I watch it since the US DVD’s have region code 1 and Europena DVD players read only code 2. So i guess I’ll have to transform the DVD in to region 0 or 2 but how and where?

And how can I get the other 2 Aeon VHS/DVD’s?

Anyone can help with these problems?

Anonymous

Most DVD players can be made (with a simple mod by pressing a few of your DVD remote control buttons in sequence). Check with the supplier of your DVD player for advice.

Ther are no Aeon Flux DVDs…. Well I’ve not seen any. If you want the series on DVD you should check out the geezer who originated this thread or look on places like eBay.

You can still picck up the three Aeon Flux VHS tapes from suppliers on the internet. It shouldnt be too much problem if you just search for a little (I use Google).

jkno
    Participant

I saw this on ebay, I think they are original DVD’s but all are region 1:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=617&item=6355259982&rd=1

I tried to change my DVD player to play all regions but it is Panasonic and they said Panasonic and Sony don’t allow that. I’ll try buy a PC DVD-Rom this year but not to comfortable watching movies on PC screen 🙁

Anonymous

I think that’s the front cover of the VHS tape (I have one like that anyway). It’s a mazingly hard to get on DVD usually peeps are ripped off by dickheads in the States who try and charge 80 dollars per copy. I’d personally get a copy from the original poster of this thread than buy from such rip-off merchants (Amazon.com). The link on ebay that you gave however, seems genuine and a pretty good price too (22 dollars!).

ALL DVD players can be cracked to play multi region. You can search the net and find cracks for your model or programs to help you. Better still, take your unit to one of the many DVD retailers on your high street and they will do the mod for you. It’s getting to the stage in Europe where most DVD players are now sold multi region.

jkno
    Participant

Then I think I have to try to find someone to crack my RV 41 Panasonic DVD player. Thanks again for the idea… 😀

jkno
    Participant

Is there someone who has the Aeon Flux DVD’s or knows where to buy them? I’d be interested in 2 of them. I also heard about DVD’s made from the VHS tapes, and that could be good, but only if not finding the originals.

theFrey
    Participant
    SadGeezer wrote:

I think that’s the front cover of the VHS tape (I have one like that anyway). It’s a mazingly hard to get on DVD usually peeps are ripped off by dickheads in the States who try and charge 80 dollars per copy. I’d personally get a copy from the original poster of this thread than buy from such rip-off merchants (Amazon.com). The link on ebay that you gave however, seems genuine and a pretty good price too (22 dollars!).

Ah, the one on top. I understand it contains nine eps and costs about $16.00 delivered if in the states. The eps are; Gravity, Thanatophobia, Leisure, A Last Time For Everything, Tide, The Purge, War, Isthmus Crypticus, Pilot short episode.

Which while not widly expensive, is not exactly ‘Fan Pass Around’ rates , since the media, postage and packaging most likely would not be more than $5.00. Six if it has a nice case and cover. I am not counting of course the time of production and hassle of mailing, but those are not normally re-embusable on non-profit ‘Fan Pass Around’ stuff.

jkno
    Participant

I received yesterday a present from a Canadian friend: the double DVD AEON FLUX – MISSION INFINITE & OPERATIVE TERMINUS. They are home made by an ebay seller and I like them (I like them for the region free system too). But I was really curious what titles are supposed to be on these DVD’s (or on the original VHS tapes they were copied from). Thanks 🙂

T41
    Participant

its really hard for me to find the dvds where did yall get them?

jkno
    Participant

I got them from ebay. They are a bit pricey but is the only way since they are not produced anymore. And the original DVD is only region 1 USA (except the ones I got which are made by a fan – region free)

choronzon
    Participant

I’m currently making a DVD / DVD’s (depending on how the compression affects it when its done) of all Aeon Flux episodes + shorts + the Pilot. The quality on a couple of these is lacking, as well as the audio track on 3 episodes, but I’m hoping my limited knowledge of audio and video editing can bring these up to certainly “enjoyable” standards.

I’d gladly send copies out for cost (disk + packaging + shipping). I’ve spent a lot of time doing this, and it would certainly be in my power to make copies if anyone would like them… I only have a couple hours a day to work on them, but hopefully I’ll have them all edited and finalized by this weekend…

Would anyone be interested? Or do all you guys already have home-made DVD’s of the episodes? 😉

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.