Aeon Flux movie

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    lizard
    Participant

Pardon me if everyone knows this already, but I just read in People magazine that Charlize Theron’s next project will be to play Aeon Flux! She is described as a futuristic assasin (?) (as opposed to a monican agent).

Is this old news here??? It took me a bit by surprise. I am a fan of the cartoon and am sceptical about Charlize Theron being up to the challenge.

lexxrobotech
    Participant

Grrrrrrrrrr πŸ‘Ώ

eugenius
    Participant

Grrrrrr ! 😯

aquabloodstone
    Participant

Okay, I’ll join in on the fun πŸ™‚

Grrrrrrr!

CLR
    Participant
    aquabloodstone wrote:

Okay, I’ll join in on the fun πŸ™‚

Grrrrrrr!

I mean she’s the cutest thing since Ava Garner… but isn’t Aeon Flux a) anorexic b)athletic c)dark haired d)anorexic e)did I mention thin…

This is a tough casting call… honestly, I don’t even know who can play the character. There was this dark haired woman in Law and Order… Angie something or other…that sorta reminded me of Aeon…without the futuristic hair-doo… sorta.

lizard
    Participant

The people magazine blurb that I saw went on about how much weight C.Th. had lost (implying how great that is which is a little weird because it’s not like she looked fat at the oscars.)

Besides, Aeon is a comic, and no actual woman could have her proportions (which don’t actually look ana. to me). It seems like she should be played by a tall, lanky but muscular woman.

Sorry guys but I have to agree that Charlize T. is the wrong type. Like casting Leonardo Dicaprio as Superman or something.

Aeon in the cartoon is an angular, classic beauty. C. T. has a very rounded baby face and a button nose. And they are going to have to draw eyebrows on her to get some definition and drama in her face. On the other hand, I am not exactly a casting agent! So I suppose they know what they are doing. We’ll have to see.

aquabloodstone
    Participant

I really did just want to join in on the fun. My first thought when I heard that Charlize Theron was going to be Aeon Flux was, “The hell you say!” But, I find the prospect of Halle Berry as Catwoman (with another name besides Selena Kyle) much more frightening/disconcerting. In the end, I’ll sit on the fence (those finials hurt BTW) and wait. I’ve doubted before and been pleasantly surprised.

evodio
    Participant

I’ve beening meaning to post this video clip to the Aeon Flux fan boards for a while now, but hadn’t found the right one until today.

I’m a longtime fan of Aeon Flux and once dedicated an entire fashion line to works inspired by Peter Chungs erotic creation.

I hope you enjoy the video clip:

http://www.commercelogistics.com/video/AeonFlux.html

More about me:

http://www.commercelogistics.com/bio/EvodioWalle.htm

“That which does not kill us, makes us stranger” – Trevor

Cheers,

Evodio

Sidhecafe
    Participant

Speaking of adaptations, I think they have an interesting opportunity with an Aeon Flux movie….because it’s based on an anime series, they can easily compress elelments of the entire story arc into a movie….but we’ll see.

(do I sound bitter lately??? maybe I should sit over here at my table for one πŸ˜› )

I think Charlize Theron has a much of a chance as any other human actor to pull off an anime to live action transation….though perhaps if they worked on how she was shot perspective wise on film, Carrie-Ann Moss could have done it too.

Evodio – great Aeon design! now that’d be sumthin’ to wear to DC2006…if I had Aeon’s build πŸ˜‰

jkno
    Participant

I’m new here but still not sure if the movie will be something like the animation, BTW Evodio: great Aeon Flux link πŸ™‚

jkno
    Participant

What do you think of Lara Flynn Boyle for playing Aeon Flux? Ok it’s a little bit late but I think Lara is a great actress, beautiful woman and also played strange powerful women before…

Anonymous

Yep, and I particularly like that outfit.

It’s like she has a shelf for male sci fi sadgeezers to rest their pint o’beer

To be honest, there are lots of women that look better to play Aeon that C Th. But I guess we’ll just have to give her the benefit of the doubt.

Does anyone know if Peter Chung has had any input in this film?

carup008
    Participant

When you see how Theron managed to transform herself to play the role in “Monster”, I cannot but feel confident that she will make a credible Aeon. So I must disagree with the sceptics πŸ˜‰

lizard
    Participant
    evodio wrote:

….

Aeon Flux and once dedicated an entire fashion line to works inspired by Peter Chungs erotic creation.

I hope you enjoy the video clip:

<a href=”http://www.commercelogistics.com/video/AeonFlux.html”&gt;
    http://www.commercelogistics.com/video/AeonFlux.html</a&gt;

More about me:

<a href=”http://www.commercelogistics.com/bio/EvodioWalle.htm”&gt;
    http://www.commercelogistics.com/bio/EvodioWalle.htm</a&gt;

“That which does not kill us, makes us stranger” – Trevor

Cheers,

Evodio

Evodio! That looks great! The model is the perfect type!! (Which I am sorry to say I still think C.Th is not!) In fact, I am not comforted by how she looks with the short dark hair, go to Fashion Police at the golden globes if you don’t believe me
    http://www.eonline.com/Features/Awards/Golden2005/Fashion/index8.html

It is not a flattering look on her πŸ™ But here’s hoping the movie is good any way! Maybe they will do more than one like “batman”.

lexxrobotech
    Participant

carup008… my thoughts exactly!

Sadgeezer… HAHAHA! You read my mind.

jkno
    Participant
    carup008 wrote:

When you see how Theron managed to transform herself to play the role in “Monster”, I cannot but feel confident that she will make a credible Aeon. So I must disagree with the sceptics πŸ˜‰

Well, we’ll have to see the movie… πŸ˜•

choronzon
    Participant

I, for one, think Theron is all wrong. Her body type isn’t close, for one… Her face… Nothing…

I never really thought about it, but Lara Flynn Boyle would be perfect! She looks like her already! AND she’s anorexic!!!

I’m more disgusted with the director (or producer?) than anyone else for doing away with Aeon’s entire wardrobe and turning them in for geriatric workout clothes… And WHAT HAPPENED TO THE CURLS?? I WANT AEONS CURLS BACK!

Look, if the hair stylist didn’t think they could pull it off, someone should have placed a call to Wayne Static. That’s all I’m saying…

Darth_Buddha
    Participant
    SadGeezer wrote:

It’s like she has a shelf for male sci fi sadgeezers to rest their pint o’beer.

Dude, that’s a wonder bra’s effects.. more or less… not that I’m saying that is a BAD thing!

And even then, I can think of better uses for them.

I for one find the idea of Theron playing Aeon wholly insane. She’s a good actress… but that isn’t really what is called for in this role.

But she could suprise us and pulll a Deniro or a Bale, and lose a huge amount of weight, add a bunch of muscle, and somehow get the requisite chiseled features.

Mickey
    Participant

You know a younger Angelica Houston would of been perfect for the part.

Hollydays
    Participant

hmm….what about a black Aeon ?

Grace Jones !!

(I realize she’d be too old by now, just hypothesizing).

Mickey
    Participant

Hollydays-Grace -wow -she could of rocked it. πŸ˜€ .

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.