All Quiet on the Lexxian Front – A sign of Things to Come!

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx All Quiet on the Lexxian Front – A sign of Things to Come!

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Its seems a bit quiet around here these days. I think its because 99% of the people who post here are from America and there isnt any new Lexx stuff on there at the moment.

It brought a sad thought to me that this is what its going to be like around here when Season 4 finishes …. then itll get worse …. then this place will be like a Ghost town …..

Anonymous

You’re quite right, it has been quiet, I want to talk about the latest ep, and it just seems like there’s no one here to chat to or pass my thoughts on to.
    Well JJ, it looks like come next year, it’ll just be me and you on the board, everyone else will be on the Fire-escape forum!!!…I think we should start planning on what we should talk about.
    It could that desperate that we end up talking about Coronation St, if that be the case I demand that someone hire a hitman to put me out of my misery!!!
    Squishy

Anonymous

Yeah, things get like that with these boards — I haven’t been around here very much, but I was on various boards for La Femme Nikita for years, and when USA ended the show everything died down. Hardcore fans like me are still around, but otherwise it’s mostly dead — not to mention after a bit everything is just being rehashed thirty times (which gets old). It’s so sad. I swear it’s a conspiracy. First LFN, and now Lexx — two quality shows that USA didn’t promote correctly so they had to end prematurely. Sigh.

FX
    Participant

well, i’m still here!what am i, chopped liver? you can talk to meabout the episodes, and by the way, you guys are coming to the ellen dubin chat on sunday aren’t you? i mean i took the trouble to arrange it on a sunday afternoon for all the british peeps, and i have heard nary a peep from any of you! (see announcements for date, time and directions) love fx

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:
    well, i’m still here!what am i, chopped liver? you can talk to meabout the episodes, and by the way, you guys are coming to the ellen dubin chat on sunday aren’t you? i mean i took the trouble to arrange it on a sunday afternoon for all the british peeps, and i have heard nary a peep from any of you! (see announcements for date, time and directions) love fx

Hello chopped liver, I can’t be there (major bummer), but I’m hoping JJ will be representing the British, and I can’t wait to hear what was said to Giggy.
    Actually I only have one thing to say about tonite’s ep, how hilarious it was when the alligator landed on that family’s car (When Lexx blew up Orlando), I was crying in fits of laughter, and my brother came home from work singing the Brunnen G chant, so Lexx is having an effect on him now!!!
    It kinda started off a little boring, but ended in traditional Lexx style, Priest becoming Prince’s lacky again, and how much I wanted Kai to go down and kick ATF butt.
    Squishy (and you are chopped liver to me, only because I like chopped liver!!!)

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Squish-ums:
    everyone else will be on the Fire-escape forum!!!…

Dude, that forum avergaes like 2 posts a week. What makes you think that we’re all goign to move over there? Some of us were fans of both shows at one time. But s3 was so awful, most just gave up on it.

/new forum plug/
    I think (wishful thinking) that the SG1 forum may pick up the lost traffic of the Lexx forums when the series ends. Or b5:rangers may revive the b5 forum.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Headgehog:

Dude, that forum avergaes like 2 posts a week. What makes you think that we’re all goign to move over there? Some of us were fans of both shows at one time. But s3 was so awful, most just gave up on it.

/new forum plug/
    I think (wishful thinking) that the SG1 forum may pick up the lost traffic of the Lexx forums when the series ends. Or b5:rangers may revive the b5 forum.

Headgehog…it’s called sarcasm!!!, I don’t expect anyone to go to that forum to talk about that god-awful programme, why let’s just talk about which paint dries faster…far more interesting topic!!!
    And I hope our fellow Lexxians can be persuaded to move over too the fledgling SG1 forum, there we can talk about a programme almost as good as Lexx…almost!!!, well, at least for one more season.
    Squishy

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

And I hope our fellow Lexxians can be persuaded to move over too the fledgling SG1 forum, there we can talk about a programme almost as good as Lexx…almost!!!, well, at least for one more season.
    Squishy

Agreed

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by JumpingJedi:
    Its seems a bit quiet around here these days. I think its because 99% of the people who post here are from America and there isnt any new Lexx stuff on there at the moment.

I’d noticed that, I just didn’t want to be the one to say it.

quote:

It could that desperate that we end up talking about Coronation St, if that be the case I demand that someone hire a hitman to put me out of my misery!!!

Isn’t that the show that killed Doctor Who?

theFrey
    Participant

quote:

You’re quite right, it has been quiet, I want to talk about the latest ep, and it just seems like there’s no one here to chat to or pass my thoughts on to.

Do what some of the peeps here do, announce a time. Like sunday at 8p.m. (but NOT this sunday)and add some of the other time zones like that will be 1 p.m. central ect… and go into #sadgeezer chat and talk about it. If it is a regular time, everyweek you will end up with several peeps after awhile and you can discuss to your hearts content. Oh and let people know what ep it was, in case they want to rewatch it.

Anonymous

When is the Giggerota chat? I wasnt even aware of it? I must be loosing it?

DalekTek790
    Participant

Say, aren’t we coming up to the first anniversary of the new SadBoard?

Anonymous

Especially bad for me, ’cause I don’t watch scifi much except for Lexx. I’ll have to get a life! But even after Lexx ends, there’ll be loose ends for us to talk about (like, where did the Time Prophet come from, and how old is Xev/Zev?)

Besides, there was some talk about making a Lexx fan movie. It’s a long shot, but things like that could keep us going, for a while

Don’t leave Lexx guys! I’ll have to get a *real* life.

Hey, why don’t we air drop our Lexx tapes along with battery powered tv/vcrs in Afghanistan? Those poor people need some good innuendo laced, imaginative scifi! And we’d have more peeps.

[ 01-12-2001: Message edited by: Hypatia ]

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by JumpingJedi:
    When is the Giggerota chat? I wasnt even aware of it? I must be loosing it?

jj stop smoking whatever you’re smoking, and check the announcements! DECEMBER 2; that’s this sunday, two days from now, 4 o’clock my time, 9 o’clock your time; look under general announcements; ellen dubin chat for the directions….aaaggghhh;all right, mass emailing tonight….love fx
    and squishy, find somebody lexx minded, like your brother, to act as your proxy if you cannot come…or no more chopped liver for you

DalekTek790
    Participant

This place is a tomb.

If anybody can think of a topic that would be even remotely interesting to someone, please post it.

Really, I hope discusion doesn’t die when Lexx is done showing. All the other message boards I’ve gone to have been abandoned or become hopelessly off-topic. The SadBoard is all I have left.

I had a dream last night that after Lexx had ended SadGeezer added a classic Star Trek section to the site to keep people interested, and all the former Kai-droolers started raving about Leonard Nimoy.

Anonymous

I had a dream last night that after Lexx had ended SadGeezer added a classic Star Trek section to the site to keep people interested, and all the former Kai-droolers started raving about Leonard Nimoy.

SHRIIIIEEEEEKKKKK!!!

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:

LOL!
    I haven’t been chattering here lately because of my new job. I have actual work to do and can’t surf all day any more. In fact, visiting the SadBoard would be “grounds for dismissal” No, they didn’t name Saddy’s place specifically, but it was implied.
    I miss you guys. On the up side, I just switched to a Mac-based ISP, and it seems to work much better for me. Maybe I can visit from home now.

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Aurora:

LOL!
    On the up side, I just switched to a Mac-based ISP, and it seems to work much better for me. Maybe I can visit from home now.

wow aurora, i was wondering what had become of you …good to see you back and hope to see you tomorrow in chat (ellen dubin, 4pm EST)

Anonymous

quote:

And what’s wrong with that??? Hey, those Vulcan ears are sexy!!

dgrequeen
    Participant

Did that already, too many moons ago to count. Once Lexx is gone, unless MMcM starts to appear in another regular series, I need somebody NEW to drool over!!! (Okay, I’m fickle, so sue me.)

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by dgrequeen:

Did that already, too many moons ago to count. Once Lexx is gone, unless MMcM starts to appear in another regular series, I need somebody NEW to drool over!!! (Okay, I’m fickle, so sue me.)

Micro whispers to dgre “Psst. Check out Dominic Keating – Lt Reed – on Enterprise.”

MM
    Drool is a terrible thing to waste

DalekTek790
    Participant

Back to the serious topic, this is really sad. There are a bunch of great topics open but very few people are responding.

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

Back to the serious topic, this is really sad. There are a bunch of great topics open but very few people are responding.

* Matbe it’s because it’s just the holiday season. Maybe people are busy these days.

* Some people only have access to the internet at their schools. Maybe they can’t get access to SadBoard at home.

* People have been losing their jobs because of the recession in the USA. Without work, it sometimes means no internet access. And without money, no home ISP.

Myself, I check the SadBoard at least twice a day. But I don’t want to post messages left and right and seem like I’m dominating the discussions. Unfortunately, that’s what it seems like I’m doing since few other people are posting.

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

FINALS SUCK!
    All study and no play makes Headgehog a homicidal boy.
    DT if you don’t know what I mean yet, give it a week.

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Headgehog:

FINALS SUCK!

especially when you’re an engineer; i remember trudging off to the first of 4 finals during finals week, and the college boys were playing frisbee on the lawn and whining about a paper or two they had to write…

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by FX:
    especially when you’re an engineer; i remember trudging off to the first of 4 finals during finals week, and the college boys were playing frisbee on the lawn and whining about a paper or two they had to write…

Its the exact same thing down here. Aparently some engineers got so annoyed by it a few years ago, that we know refer to annything off the engineering quad as “Happy Land”
    In Happy Land, everyone is smiling, they’re yeakking on their ceel phones, throwing around frisbees, laying in the grass reading a non-requiried book, and generally enjoying themselves. But back in the engineering quad; all the engineers, cs’ers, physics, chemists, biology and anthropology majors have to deal with somethign like this:
    In a high temperature, gas cooled fast breeder eactor, how long are the control rods, make no assumptions as to what the moderator is? Devise an experiment to determine how much energy a water strider normally expends while on the water, then compare how much energy is expended when tryign to excape a mating attempt? What is south of the south pole? Under what circumstance can a 1.4 au star becaome a black hole, describe in detail the process? How many faces is on a hyper-hyper cube when 1/3 of it is sharing the same space a a hyper-torus? WTF?

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.