Amanda Tapping and Richard Dean Anderson chat transcript Par

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Stargate SG-1 Amanda Tapping and Richard Dean Anderson chat transcript Par

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Richard Dean Anderson and Amanda Tapping Join Fans Live From the Set For an Hour-Long Chat On Lycos

Events_Moderator: Hello & Welcome to Lycos Live Events! This is your chance to personally interview the questions. Tonight we are chatting with Richard Dean Anderson (RDA) & Amanda Tapping. They are coming to us live from the Stargate SG-1 set. The series centers on the Stargate, an ancient portal that allows instantaneous travel across the galaxy.

Events_Moderator: Air Force Colonel Jack O’Neill (played by RDA) and Dr. Samantha Carter (played by Amanda Tapping) explore the uncharted regions of the universe searching for clues to save the Earth from destruction. When RDA & Amanda get here, I’ll open it up to you (the audience) to ask any questions you like. After your Q&A, Richard & Amanda will say some final remarks and I’ll wrap up the show. Then we’ll head over to a Stargate SG-1 Club/Community to mingle for a bit.

DID YOU KNOW Stargate is moving over to the SCI FI Channel starting June 7, 2002.

Events_Moderator: Okay everyone! It’s time to get started! Let’s welcome our guests to the chat! We’ll be chatting with Amanda first! So let’s get this going! Hi Amanda, welcome to Lycos Live Events!

hw_famine: :::waves to AT:::::

adol2002: Hi from Paris too Amanda!

cleo2205: Hi Amanda. Thanks for spending some time with us ….all your fans

flashpointe68:

newbie_005: helllllllo!

Amanda: Not much, in the middle of shooting an episode right now, but really happy to be here!

eunkaruns: Amanda, do you actually learn about physics when you memorize the script?

Amanda: I actually do a lot of research so that what I’m saying makes sense not only to me, but it’s believable that I understand it.

Events_Moderator: This question was taken from the Stargate SG-1 Club: Kerbox asks… Amanda – I remember a behind the scene clip where you said you always made sure you understood what you were talking about before the scene. So I was wondering, what is your definition of an event horizon? Just curious Richard – A well-oiled machine

Amanda: Oh, geez! {laughs} Why don’t I give that one to Rick! I got asked once in a chat what a naked singularity was, and I said “Sam Carter on a Saturday night!”

darthmaul555: Hello Amanda… Are you coming to the Gate Convention in Germany in November? That would be very cool.

Amanda: I would love to come, its all contingent on whether I’m working or not. I’ve never been to Germany, so…

DID YOU KNOW Stargate has a newsletter? Ayup, that means you can get inside dirt on the show. Sign up now @ http://www.scifinewsletter.net

kimmysco: Amanda , being Canadian and living in Canada most of your life, have you ever visited a small island off Vancouver call Hornby Island?

Amanda: I’ve never been to Hornby, but I’ve always wanted to go. In fact, honestly, my husband and I were just talking about it this weekend!

newbie_005: “Window of Opportunity” is my favorite episode. If you woke to find yourself reliving the same day and could take actions with no consequences, what sort of things would you do and why?

Amanda: As Sam Carter, I’d go fishing with Jack. Over and over and over again!!

Events_Moderator: This question was taken from the Stargate SG-1 Club: piglet246 asks… I don’t know if it’s down to you or not but PLEASE let Amanda direct. I would love to see her get the chance, especially on SG-1. It’s not long until the end, so please don’t think too long about it Please give her the chance. She wants it and we, her fans, want it! I really doubt you’ll be disappointed. If Michael could do it, Amanda definitely can! Amanda, thank you for who you are STAY GOLD!!

Amanda: That’s very sweet. Thanks for your support! It’s not going to happen this year, but I’m learning as much as I can, so maybe another series!

mj_sammie: Amanda, if you could meet Sam and give her three advices, what would you ask her? Love you so much!!! Thank you for everything.

Amanda: That is so nice! Lighten up! That’s the advice I would give. Try to enjoy life more, and get a boyfriend who doesn’t die.

major_ly: Do you have the time to read and reply to all the fan mail you get?

Amanda: I do personally take the time to at least send a picture, but I can’t take the time to answer back in letter form to all the letters I get. I do read everything, but it takes me a long time to get back to people.

gizmo_goddard: What part of your character would you like to explore more?

Amanda: Oh man…her sense of humor. And her sensual side. {laughs}

joanie_j: Hi Amanda! I’d like to know how you feel about season six being the last season and if you’re going to be involved with Stargate after that?

Amanda: It’s very sad to come to the end of it. It’s quite a daunting prospect. It’s been a great ride. It’s good to look back to see how much fun you had with it. But as far as being involved with it beyond that, I have no idea what’s going to happen.

Events_Moderator: This question was taken from the Stargate SG-1 Club: ximajorscarterix asks… Amanda, I want to tell you that you are a good person. What do you both think about having fans all over the world?? Especially from Germany??

Amanda: Completely humbling. I don’t know what to say beyond that; it’s totally overwhelming, I’m humbled by it. And very appreciative.

kingbubba2002: Amanda, first I would like to say great job developing your character over the last several seasons. You bring a great presence to the show. What kind of episode would be your favorite (comedic episode, action, adventure, mythological)? What kind of episode do you like the most to do?

Amanda: The comedics are the most fun, from a day-to-day shooting point of view. Shooting is so much fun, and everyone on our show has such a sense of humor, but I love doing action.

Events_Moderator: This question was taken from the Stargate SG-1 Club: samjan2 asks… Hi! We first want to say that we are two 40-something year old professional women who live vicariously through Sam and Jack’s relationship (what there is of it) and enjoyed season four the most (please don’t tell us to get a life!). Please tell us that there will be some (any!) Sam/Jack moments somewhere in season six. Will they finally declare their love for each other by the end of the series? Will they be together and, if so, how do they work it out?

Amanda: Wow, I would never say “get a life.” I think its great that you enjoy that aspect of it. I have no idea what is going to happen between Sam and Jack, but we sure have fun when we get to be together! I think they’ll retire after it’s all over, go to a cabin and make babies, and fish! {laughs}

gatefan: What’s on your horizons, Amanda? Anything we should look for?

Amanda: I just did an independent film called Stuck, with J. R. Bourne, who plays Martouf on Stargate. This is a very different character from Sam, and quite a departure. And that’s it for now – keep your fingers crossed!

algorhythms: Amanda, do you think that as sci-fi fans, we expect more contact with actors/directors/etc than other fandoms – show genres, like drama?

Amanda: I have no idea, because I’ve never been on another show like that. All I know is that our fans are really stalwart in their support of the show, and very gracious and intelligent when we get to meet them.

Events_Moderator: Amanda, thanks for chatting with us!

Amanda: Thank you so much. I had a great time and hope we can do this again soon!

Continued in part two with Richard Dean Anderson…

[ 16-06-2002: Message edited by: Slopmaster ]

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.