America returns to the Moon? Permanently!?

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums Science Faction America returns to the Moon? Permanently!?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

CLICKY

Well I will say this, Bush Sr. promised much of the same and it was just a gimmick to help him get votes.

Wouldn’t be surprised if this was the same deal, however we down here in the galley have been extremely busy during this Bush administration, and as such I wouldnt be surprised to see something announced *soon* that might knock your socks off.

Another proposal made earlier this year was to establish solar panels across several square miles of open land (there’s lotsa craters, and those are no good), and use a new technology to transfer the power here to earth in the form of solar energy. The transference is really odd and I don’t entirely understand the math behind it (not my forte), but will keep you updated once someone writes something I can link to.

According to the proposal however it would eliminate nearly 1/3 of the energy needs in America. Again take this with a grain of salt, while the technology is sound, anyone will promise anything just for a Grant. The proposal was made to Congress and to get that far, you must be doing something right.

More to come soon, I hope.

Anonymous

More to come.

CNN

Looks like I was a month premature, but also looks like it’s for sure now. Cool beans.

Anonymous

Horseshit! The ‘back to the moon’ pledge was just utter Bushwa.

You want the real facts? Bush is proposing an extra billion dollars for NASA over the next five years. That’s two hundred million dollars a year.

Hell, NASA has to shop around on ebay for computer parts. Its laying off staff. It’s satelllites are held together with duct tape.

Two hundred million wouldn’t pay for a new shuttle. It wouldn’t even begin to counter two decades of cutbacks.

Bush, as Governor of Texas, never once even bothered to visit the NASA centers in Houston and Galveston.

Frankly, Bush’s proposal simply shows off his scientific illiteracy and his deep rooted contempt for the public.

He might as well have announced a punitive expedition to the land of Oz to rescue Dorothy.

theFrey
    Participant

Hummm, but what does this have to do with steroids in sports? I mean that was the big news during his state of the union address. ๐Ÿ˜›

I blame Barabra.

Anonymous
    ”LexxLurker” wrote:

Well I will say this, Bush Sr. promised much of the same and it was just a gimmick to help him get votes.

Wouldn’t be surprised if this was the same deal

No offense taken Valdron ๐Ÿ˜› Let’s just hope the outcome from ’92 is the same. Unfortunatly there’s no Clintons running this time.

Like Frey alluded to……. Fear the Weapons of Mass Distraction

theFrey
    Participant

One of our newsletter articles this month was about not letting yourself get distracted with ‘hot button’ issues like gays, guns and research when the only reason they, like the steroids in sports, are only being brought up to distract from the economy, job loss and lack-o-weapons of mass destruction. I still blame Barabra.

Anonymous

if the damage isn’t already done. Perhaps America is over, stabbed through the heart by George W. Bush, in favour of his shambling corpse empire, his dreams of a new kleptocracy and a thousand year rule. Perhaps there will be no recovering from hm and his works.

theFrey
    Participant

Well we will see come november will we not? I vote we put him and his Bushly legacy head first down the out house.

And then we chat with Barabra about how all of this could have been avoided if she had just woken up and smelled the coffee burning years earlier.

lexxrobotech
    Participant

for once the US is going to use it’s wealth for something worthwhile like science and not war mongering. ๐Ÿ˜›

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.