And what about cult books??

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub And what about cult books??

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Barns
    Participant

Books like Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy — Jack Kerouac’s On The Road, one of the most influental books in history,— Slaughter House 5 and other works by Kurt Vonnegut — there are many cult classic books.

One I just read — The Jazz & The Blues by G. Arthur Woods —the novel seems to have an undergound cult following There was an artical on it in Jazz Review Magazine and http://WWW.ReadersNet.net had a write up about it.null

FX
    Participant

…and the illuminatus series, one of my all time favorites…

Anonymous

does ‘Of Time and Stars'(Arthur c. Clark),count? it’s a collection of his short stories, including ‘Sentinel’, upon which 2001 was based. it’s a personal classic, at least- it’s the first sci-fi book i ever bought myself, when i was about 8 i always remember it…

fluffy bunny
    Participant

A lot of old ‘classics’ per se can be found in the SF masterworks and the Fantasy masterworks series published in the UK

for a list (which to be honest is a few months old now- they publish an extra book in each series each month), go to http://www.orionbooks.co.uk/links/sf_index.htm

Other ‘classics’ include

Lord of the Rings- Tolkein
    Foundatio Saga- Asimov
    Robot Saga- Asimov
    Chronicles of Narnia- C.S. Lewis
    Earthsea Series- Ursula Le Guin
    Neuromancer- William Gibson
    Dune- Frank Herbert
    Stranger in a Strange Land- Heinlan
    War of the Worlds/Time Machine- HG Wells
    Day of the Triffids- Wyndam
    Ringworld- Nevin

Anonymous

We have a new section on the SadGeezer.Com for well read peeps such as yourself to enter your choice (a sort of mini review) for an item of media (book, DVD, Video, CD etc.) that is your favourite (or among your favourites).

I’d really like to see what people thought of some of these things. Books for instance are a real problem for me – I don’t like reading books but have often wondered what modern cool sci fi books are out there – since most of the posters on this site have similar tastes, I’d be interested to see what other thought.

The Sci Fi Choice section is HERE or you could just go to enter a small review of your fave book, DVD etc HERE

I like your avatar (a leopard with a ‘mmmm…. that was tasty’ look on it’s face ๐Ÿ™‚ ), erm… is that a picture of a leopard that has just eaten a fluffy bunny? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.