Androids… Everybody Needs Good Androids…

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums British Sci Fi Series Red Dwarf Androids… Everybody Needs Good Androids…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Androids …
    Participant

Hi all,

I have a question for anybody who is a Red Dwarf fanatic like me. (By fanatic I mean watching at least one episode a day and daydreaming about funny interludes at work/school/college).

One of the episodes in Series 2, which is called Kryten and is played by the old actor (Who is nowhere near as good as the newer one). On the opening scene he is watching his favourite program called “Androids”, on which the exiting song goes like this…

“Androids… Everybody needs good Androids”

This is exactly the same as the australian soap, Neighbours, opening theme. As most TV shows and music seems to be copyrighted I was wondering if the original producers of Red D got permission to use the theme, and if they didn’t was there any threats from the Neighbours producers to sue?

Just announcing my presence on this forum. ๐Ÿ˜†

Anonymous
    Inactive

Standard welcome alert! Welcome to your sad (as in sadgeezer) new life, Androids! ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜€

I’m not sure if they needed permission to use the music for the parody (I often wonder about that; I would guess that they would have asked and received permission).

Here’s a picture from that hit Androids TV series, which was a far better parody of Neighbours than that more miss than hit soap deserved: Androids pic

And you’ll notice a little joke in the following video capture; well a few jokes actually, the producer is named Kylie after Australian Kylie Minogue who was in Neighbours for a time: Androids Credits pic

Okay, now I’m feeling a little embarassed about having admitted to watching Neighbours — I didn’t exactly have a lot of viewing options when I lived in Australia.

Anyway, sorry I can’t really answer your question, but I have one for you, “Do Androids Dream Electric Sheep?”* ๐Ÿ˜†

*a book by Philip K. Dick that was later adapted for the screen. It was made into an obscure little film called Blade Runner.

-Logan

BTW, the links to the pics were found here: http://www.clubi.ie/lestat/kryten

Anonymous
    Inactive

The UK Series 2 DVD has the complete Androids theme and credits.

fluffy bunny
    Participant

Shush- I’m still waiting for that in the post

And you dissed neigbours ๐Ÿ˜ก

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.