Andromeda in Australia

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Andromeda Andromeda in Australia

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Just heard the news that Australian television station Fox 8 has bought Andromeda finally

Anonymous

welcome to the sad bb ivana humpalot. that is good news for our australian scifi friends. i look forward to discussing andromeda with you. does this mean that they will start showing the first season soon?

Anonymous

welcome to the sad bb ivana humpalot. that is good news for our australian scifi friends. i look forward to discussing andromeda with you. does this mean that they will start showing the first season soon?

Anonymous

thanks mary beth, i’m really looking forward to finally watching it!
    Details are still sketchy as to when it’s starting- obviously sometime in the new year.

Anonymous

thanks mary beth, i’m really looking forward to finally watching it!
    Details are still sketchy as to when it’s starting- obviously sometime in the new year.

Anonymous

Any word on when it’s going to come on free to air television?

Anonymous

Any word on when it’s going to come on free to air television?

bonnee
    Participant

laraqq, channel 10 had the rights to screen the show, but have decided against it. they currently feel that sci fi is not a lucrative genre – an attitude that appears to be replicated around the world at the moment. the usual proceedure is that the networks get first option of screening new series, whether they do or not is another question. If they chose to exercise their right/option, cable has to wait until the networks complete their first run. if the show begins on cable, that is an indication that it has decided against showing the series, and will be repeated continually there (usually). to illustrate the situation in reverse. for me – the best show ever made is homicide:life on the street. channel 7 has the rights to the final season, and I keep ringing them to ask when its going to be on. ‘soon’ has been the reply for the last three years. foxtel wants to be able screen it, but can’t until 7 lets go of its ‘option’.

bonnee
    Participant

laraqq, channel 10 had the rights to screen the show, but have decided against it. they currently feel that sci fi is not a lucrative genre – an attitude that appears to be replicated around the world at the moment. the usual proceedure is that the networks get first option of screening new series, whether they do or not is another question. If they chose to exercise their right/option, cable has to wait until the networks complete their first run. if the show begins on cable, that is an indication that it has decided against showing the series, and will be repeated continually there (usually). to illustrate the situation in reverse. for me – the best show ever made is homicide:life on the street. channel 7 has the rights to the final season, and I keep ringing them to ask when its going to be on. ‘soon’ has been the reply for the last three years. foxtel wants to be able screen it, but can’t until 7 lets go of its ‘option’.

theVodkaCircle
    Participant

Cant see why 10 has to miss out. 7 has SG1, 9 has Enterprise, surely 10 will want to grab a little of the ‘late-night’ pie ?

Saw the first Enterprise show last night. Not bad. Still very ‘trekky’ but hey, it has space ships and ray guns, I’ll watch it. Don’t think much of the theme song though. What’s with the Boring Adams style song ?

theVodkaCircle
    Participant

Cant see why 10 has to miss out. 7 has SG1, 9 has Enterprise, surely 10 will want to grab a little of the ‘late-night’ pie ?

Saw the first Enterprise show last night. Not bad. Still very ‘trekky’ but hey, it has space ships and ray guns, I’ll watch it. Don’t think much of the theme song though. What’s with the Boring Adams style song ?

bonnee
    Participant

——————————————–
    i think the drop in ratings for the x files has dissuaded them – the move in the entrenched timeslot is an indication of their general lack of faith.

i found the premiere of enterprise barely tolerable. having a theme song suggesting bad fm rock from the eighties was not as off putting as a lead character who was all bravado and posturing . i thought the female vulcan was wonderful though – not because she was beautiful, but because she will have to ground everyone’s flights of fancy. having an arab sounding enemy was disquieting post september 11 – but the actress playing her seems to be able to really act. just watching her passive Vulcan face register hurt and confusion deserves some kind of award against Bakula taking out his d*** and measuring it every five seconds (oh look how big it is now!)

[ 21-02-2002: Message edited by: mary beth ]

bonnee
    Participant

——————————————–
    i think the drop in ratings for the x files has dissuaded them – the move in the entrenched timeslot is an indication of their general lack of faith.

i found the premiere of enterprise barely tolerable. having a theme song suggesting bad fm rock from the eighties was not as off putting as a lead character who was all bravado and posturing . i thought the female vulcan was wonderful though – not because she was beautiful, but because she will have to ground everyone’s flights of fancy. having an arab sounding enemy was disquieting post september 11 – but the actress playing her seems to be able to really act. just watching her passive Vulcan face register hurt and confusion deserves some kind of award against Bakula taking out his d*** and measuring it every five seconds (oh look how big it is now!)

[ 21-02-2002: Message edited by: mary beth ]

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.