Andromeda vs. Buffy – help, please

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Andromeda Andromeda vs. Buffy – help, please

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

http://www.funvote.com/fun/hollywood_hotties/%5B/url%5D
    Go there, vote for Keith, we need to keep him at #1 till April 30th, and we won’t be able to do it without you because Buffy fans are more numerous and the booth owner doesn’t wanna see Keith win. If you somehow missed out on this topic, visit Slipstream’s Miscellaneous of Keith’s site. The least you can do is NOT to vote for James Marsters. Thank you. Help the underdog!!!!

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by LadyInDistress:
    Go there, vote for Keith, we need to keep him at #1 till April 30th, and we won’t be able to do it without you because Buffy fans are more numerous and the booth owner doesn’t wanna see Keith win. If you somehow missed out on this topic, visit Slipstream’s Miscellaneous of Keith’s site. The least you can do is NOT to vote for James Marsters. Thank you. Help the underdog!!!!

Although I always prefer to see the underdog win, I have to say in this case I don’t.
    OK, if it’s all about looks then being a fella I’m not likely to vote, but I like James Marsters as an actor, and the character Spike has been retained because he is an appealing factor in the show, and it’s obvious his fan base is growing.
    While I have nothing against Keith Cobb, James (IHMO) is better, Spike has more going for him than Tyr, but that’s down to writing.
    It has to be said though that what you’re doing just undermines Keith’s ability, getting other’s to vote as an act of sympathy is both insulting to Keith and to those you are trying to get to vote for him.
    So in this case I hope James does win it, simply because he has the job and the looks that make him more popular than Keith, if Keith were to star in a higher profile series, then undoubtedly he will gather more fans.
    But it’s obvious that Buffy has more fans than Andromeda, and that means more exposure for James, so by trying to rig a poll will not change anything…and James should win it for you doing as such.
    Squishy

Anonymous

quote:

Although I always prefer to see the underdog win, I have to say in this case I don’t.
    OK, if it’s all about looks then being a fella I’m not likely to vote, but I like James Marsters as an actor, and the character Spike has been retained because he is an appealing factor in the show, and it’s obvious his fan base is growing.
    While I have nothing against Keith Cobb, James (IHMO) is better, Spike has more going for him than Tyr, but that’s down to writing.
    It has to be said though that what you’re doing just undermines Keith’s ability, getting other’s to vote as an act of sympathy is both insulting to Keith and to those you are trying to get to vote for him.
    So in this case I hope James does win it, simply because he has the job and the looks that make him more popular than Keith, if Keith were to star in a higher profile series, then undoubtedly he will gather more fans.
    But it’s obvious that Buffy has more fans than Andromeda, and that means more exposure for James, so by trying to rig a poll will not change anything…and James should win it for you doing as such.
    Squishy

Anonymous

Hello, Squishy. You are more than right and I bang my head against the wall. Thank you for your sobering words. We are not trying to insult Keith’s talent, just trying to get any big fish who may or may not be lurking at funvote to notice it.
    On a more ironic note, I was a bit of a moron when I used a nickname that can lure mostly males with an oh-honey-let-me-rescue-you instinct – most of you have it and thank God for that.
    Not to mention the fact that I just barged in here, gave you a link and told you who to vote for. Very democratic of me.
    Still, go vote, for whoever – the more, the merrier.

Anonymous

Hello, Squishy. You are more than right and I bang my head against the wall. Thank you for your sobering words. We are not trying to insult Keith’s talent, just trying to get any big fish who may or may not be lurking at funvote to notice it.
    On a more ironic note, I was a bit of a moron when I used a nickname that can lure mostly males with an oh-honey-let-me-rescue-you instinct – most of you have it and thank God for that.
    Not to mention the fact that I just barged in here, gave you a link and told you who to vote for. Very democratic of me.

Anonymous

quote:

I actually hope that Keith does well, he’s certainly the beat actor in Andromeda, and derserves a lot of fame.
    It’s a shame he’s been pitted against James, because you’ll get people who have no interest in the actual vote, but will do so because they feel Buffy in general is better…really a case of David and Goliath.
    And like you said most men will come to a damsel’s distress, but you’re not exactly in distress are you!!!
    I wish you good luck in the vote, and ya never know, when Buffy’s a past memory and Andromeda’s still going, the vote might resurface, and thing’s might prove a little different.
    Squishy

Anonymous

quote:

I actually hope that Keith does well, he’s certainly the beat actor in Andromeda, and derserves a lot of fame.
    It’s a shame he’s been pitted against James, because you’ll get people who have no interest in the actual vote, but will do so because they feel Buffy in general is better…really a case of David and Goliath.
    And like you said most men will come to a damsel’s distress, but you’re not exactly in distress are you!!!
    I wish you good luck in the vote, and ya never know, when Buffy’s a past memory and Andromeda’s still going, the vote might resurface, and thing’s might prove a little different.
    Squishy

Anonymous

quote:

i have to agree with Squishy. i have been an avid Buffy fan since the beginning. and i believe that it is simply a matter of Buffy being on air for 6 years now compared with Andromeda just in their second season.
    i did go to the link and voted. but i had to be fair and vote for all my favorites. Spike-James Marsters, Tyr-Keith Hamilton Cobb, Lexx Luthor-Michael Rosenbaum, and last but not least Johnny Depp (he is so quirky)!!
    i realize that this doesn’t make that big of a difference in the vote but i felt like it was impossible to pick one over the other so the only fair thing to do was to vote for each one.

Anonymous

quote:

i have to agree with Squishy. i have been an avid Buffy fan since the beginning. and i believe that it is simply a matter of Buffy being on air for 6 years now compared with Andromeda just in their second season.
    i did go to the link and voted. but i had to be fair and vote for all my favorites. Spike-James Marsters, Tyr-Keith Hamilton Cobb, Lexx Luthor-Michael Rosenbaum, and last but not least Johnny Depp (he is so quirky)!!
    i realize that this doesn’t make that big of a difference in the vote but i felt like it was impossible to pick one over the other so the only fair thing to do was to vote for each one.

Anonymous

Hahahaha, funny ol world ain’t it, there was me trying to explain the rights and wrongs of comparing Mr Cobb to Mr Marsters, and who should be making a guest appearance on Andromeda…ol’ Spikey himself!!!
    Maybe this was why the poll came up, we in the UK haven’t seen Andromeda for loooong time, so I had no idea James was making an appearance…DOH!!!
    Squishy

Anonymous

Hahahaha, funny ol world ain’t it, there was me trying to explain the rights and wrongs of comparing Mr Cobb to Mr Marsters, and who should be making a guest appearance on Andromeda…ol’ Spikey himself!!!
    Maybe this was why the poll came up, we in the UK haven’t seen Andromeda for loooong time, so I had no idea James was making an appearance…DOH!!!
    Squishy

Anonymous

quote:

Squishy

LOL Squishy

“Into the Labyrinth” is an excellent ep. if only for the fact that we get to see James as a Nietzschean!

Anonymous

quote:

Squishy

LOL Squishy

“Into the Labyrinth” is an excellent ep. if only for the fact that we get to see James as a Nietzschean!

Anonymous

Wow! This show really DOES have everything!

Anonymous

Wow! This show really DOES have everything!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.