Angel and Cordy?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

There must be shippers amongst us. So, who thnks Angel and Cordelia should be together?

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Newkate:
    There must be shippers amongst us. So, who thnks Angel and Cordelia should be together?

i’m not sure if this makes me a shipper or not (what is a shipper?!) but angel and cordy together, iccckkk….all right, i know people change but please, cordy should remain ditsy and selfinvolved, that was her charm…and besides, can someone clarify for me; doesn’t the curse mean a ‘moment of happiness’ with anyone not just buffy, so isn’t angel condemned to celibacy as long as he is a vampire? or can he just not have a ‘moment’ while he is having sex?! color me confused….

Anonymous

I don’t know. Pesonally, I find it rather cute, rather touching, in fact. But that’s just me anyway….

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:

i’m not sure if this makes me a shipper or not (what is a shipper?!) but angel and cordy together, iccckkk….all right, i know people change but please, cordy should remain ditsy and selfinvolved, that was her charm…and besides, can someone clarify for me; doesn’t the curse mean a ‘moment of happiness’ with anyone not just buffy, so isn’t angel condemned to celibacy as long as he is a vampire? or can he just not have a ‘moment’ while he is having sex?! color me confused….

I think they’ve been rather clever about it, making Cordy part demon is obviously the way around this little problem, remember he got it on with Darla without turning into Angelus, so my guess is, is that he’ll get away with it with Cordy.
    I don’t know about Angel and Cordy, it doesn’t seem right for some reason that I don’t know of, call it instinct.
    But I do like the way they have transformed Cordy from being the nasty head cheerleader into a tough and worldly wise young woman, she’s been through a lot, so I think that has changed her as a person, and she still has a bit of that Queen Bitch in her!!!
    But Cordy and Angel doesn’t feel comfortable.
    Squishy

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:
    and besides, can someone clarify for me; doesn’t the curse mean a ‘moment of happiness’ with anyone not just buffy, so isn’t angel condemned to celibacy as long as he is a vampire? or can he just not have a ‘moment’ while he is having sex?! color me confused….

He’s not condemned to celibacy. He reverts if he’s experiencing a moment of pure happiness, which we can assume includes reaching the height of ecstasy with someone he truly loves. Buffy is the only person that Angel has truly been in love with, so she’s the only person that he can “lose it” with (so far…I’m wondering if he’ll ever lose it when looking at his kid). Presumably, if they’re comparably emotionally empty experiences, he can boink anyone he deems fit without reverting to Angelus.

–Aleck

[ 07-06-2002: Message edited by: Aleck ]

Anonymous

(Well, ‘shipper’ is the internet slang for a person rooting for some imaginary characters to get together. ‘Ship’ is basically a short for ‘relationship you want to see thriving on a TV show’.)
    Back to Angel – well, he boinked Darla, and nothing!
    It creates a real problem with relationships though, don’t you think? If somebody sleeps with him, in the morning the’re going to find a kill-crazy creature of the night in the bed (bad, possibly lethal), or a plain old Angel, which would mean “no, baby, you weren’t that good. I got no ‘happy’ from you.”
    It’s not an orgasm obviously, it’s all about the feeling of pure bliss. It’s pretty harsh to know for sure your bloke was not quite there.
    I for one am glad Cordy did not have to go through that. She deserves so much better.
    I was expecting he might get the moment of pure hapiness playing with his baby, but that did not happen (and I don’t think a teenager can give his parent a single moment of happiness, but that’s just me).
    So, back on the topic. Angel and Cordy? I’d love that very early in season two. Before ‘Halloween’. After that (for me) it was Angel+Buffy 4ever, obviously. I always wanted Angel and Cordy to remain those beautiful people who are good friends but are not into each other.
    I wil always cherish ‘Room with a view’, when Cordy arrives to Angel’s appartment, catching im straight after shower, wet and glistening, shy and flustered, dressed in a small towell… (breathe, breathe!) And she does not notice any of that at all, because she is so delisiously self-involved and only wants to talk about her problems.
    I so hoped she would not fall into the category. You know, ‘secretary in love with the boss’.

bonnee
    Participant

Apparently Angel may be shipping Cordy out, so it might have to remain unrequited love.

Call Me An Angel

Anonymous

Hmm, if Cordy has “ascended” to a different level, it seems unlikely she and Angel will fulfill their yearnings. I have to say, Angel has gone a bit overboard this season. I can only hope we will be treated to a return to a less metaphysical with religious overtones show come next season. I was sorry to see what Wesley has become although he is a tad more interesting.

bonnee
    Participant

Whedon denies rumours, and confirms Cordy’s return (even though the question remains why she went inexpicably AWOL during those four episodes).
    http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-main.html?2002-06/11/12.00.tv

Anonymous

How about Cordy, now that she has had a touch of both the demonic and the beatific, has all the right stuff to be the woman who “makes a better man” of Angel, as so many women through history have tried with their own personal caveman. And she alone is equipped to succeed and makes him human and in the process the duality of the dilemma of who is the vampire with a soul brings Spike as the one who actually gets heavy into the apocalypse with Angel and stakes himself and at the same time stakes a Jungian Beast that has hold of him, saving Buffy and mankind with his selfless sacrifice. Angel and Spike, the wave and the particle, the Jekyll and Hyde, and the light and darkness. Without the role of one there cannot be the role of the other and, and you are never sure which has embraced which side until together they liberate their own human halves with help from their women and in the process provide all salvation. Afterall, is not the very definition of vampire we are given on the show some kind of an amalgam of beast and man and not purely either?

I guess all I’m blithering about is I wanna see Cordy and Angel be a mythic item. Yeah, I’m shipping now!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.