Anti-Andromeda?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

I just read an interesting post, no doubt weeks old and near forgotten about the conflicting views over kevin sorbos legitimacy of playing a starship captain. personally i love andromdeda, its far superious to most shows out at present, at least those set in the space genre of sci fi. Everything from the characters to the design of the ship is in a word, cool. Granted the characters have their flaws, but like a fellow sci fi fan put it, if you dont like it, dont watch it. Watching a show for the simple fact of nit picking everything they do and dont do defies the point. And to be doing this to a show that only started its second season is justifiably unfair. Look at TNG, at first i labelled it the worst incarnation of trek to date, then it got a firmer footing and the show as a whole improved tking it to a higher level yet still leaving it way behind the far superior ds9. And dont get me started on enterprise because thus far that show has done nothing but play on cliche and borrow from the other shows for plots.
    But getting back to my point, andromeda has in some ways done the same as TNG, only it started off better, it has now improved, you cant watch the season finale and tell me that the episode is the best of the season.
    So to put it simply if you dont like it, dont watch, and expanding on my previous point, dont bitch about it either. Because there are fans of the show who would like to enjoy it, as opposed to having it periodically slandered by fans of LEXX!!!, need i say more.

Anonymous

My post was NOT weeks old dagnabbit! Sheesh, at least get your dates right. I really H8 it when people get stuff about me so screwed up you’d think it was a 50p an hour hooker!

[ 13-03-2002: Message edited by: super_joe_yamaman ]

Anonymous

My post was NOT weeks old dagnabbit! Sheesh, at least get your dates right. I really H8 it when people get stuff about me so screwed up you’d think it was a 50p an hour hooker!

[ 13-03-2002: Message edited by: super_joe_yamaman ]

Anonymous

I dont personally care whether your post was a week or an hour old, it was the content that was of interest. And i cant for the life of me figure why you chose to inform me of this minor inaccuracy.

Anonymous

I dont personally care whether your post was a week or an hour old, it was the content that was of interest. And i cant for the life of me figure why you chose to inform me of this minor inaccuracy.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Jay Jay:
    Look at TNG, at first i labelled it the worst incarnation of trek to date, then it got a firmer footing and the show as a whole improved tking it to a higher level yet still leaving it way behind the far superior ds9.

Well, that’s a first, there is a fan in existence that feel’s DS9 was good!!!, it’s almost universally recognised that it was the biggest blight ever on Star Trek’s record and most trek fans choose to forget it.
    For me it was too limited and one dimensional, although it did get good towards the end (with the introduction of the Dominion), on the whole it just concentrated too heavily on the plight of the Bajorans and the politics of the situation…which just made the whole thing boring. It seemed like an excuse to cut any expensive eye-candy from Trek and avoid the historic battles like at Wolf 359, it just got bogged down with being stuck in one place, but like I said, they woke up and realised this too late and made the show interesting in the last two seasons, but it certainly does not compare to TNG’s last seasons and even Voyager was slightly more interesting.
    Even Rick Berman expressed disappointment that DS9 was not as successful as he had hoped, and ever since then they have tried to give trek a facelift because of the damage inflicted on Trek’s image due to DS9.
    Squishy

Anonymous

Originally posted by Jay Jay:
    Look at TNG, at first i labelled it the worst incarnation of trek to date, then it got a firmer footing and the show as a whole improved tking it to a higher level yet still leaving it way behind the far superior ds9.

Well, that’s a first, there is a fan in existence that feel’s DS9 was good!!!, it’s almost universally recognised that it was the biggest blight ever on Star Trek’s record and most trek fans choose to forget it.
    For me it was too limited and one dimensional, although it did get good towards the end (with the introduction of the Dominion), on the whole it just concentrated too heavily on the plight of the Bajorans and the politics of the situation…which just made the whole thing boring. It seemed like an excuse to cut any expensive eye-candy from Trek and avoid the historic battles like at Wolf 359, it just got bogged down with being stuck in one place, but like I said, they woke up and realised this too late and made the show interesting in the last two seasons, but it certainly does not compare to TNG’s last seasons and even Voyager was slightly more interesting.
    Even Rick Berman expressed disappointment that DS9 was not as successful as he had hoped, and ever since then they have tried to give trek a facelift because of the damage inflicted on Trek’s image due to DS9.
    Squishy

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.