Any artists out there?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

It’s me asking for help again ๐Ÿ™‚

This time, we have an opportunity to spread the word (SadWord that is ๐Ÿ™‚ to the unwashed masses with an banner-swap thingy.

The banners that I carry are a sort of edvert exchange (with a little cash thrown in when they can afford it (to help pay server costs etc.).

I have some really awful banners that I designed myself and was wondering if any budding artists out there would care to do a bit of banner design for the SG Guide.

All I can offer in return is to either host some of your work or maybe to carry one of your banners on my pages.

I have a desperate need for banners of the following sizes (animated if possible)

468×60 (this is the main and standard banner size)
    120×60 (mini button)
    120×600 (also known as the skyscraper)
    125×125 (square button)

Such banners and buttons will help promote the site and our chats around the world. I think that these forums have some of the best sci fi chats and sci fi discussions I’ve seen.

As you’ve probably noticed, the SadBOARD doesn’t have banner advertising at the moment, but with 20,000 page hits per week, I have to put something up. Helping with banners will ensure the SadBOARD continues (it will anyway of course, this activity will just make it a little easier) and maybe expand out membership.

Hope you can help.

[ 18-09-2001: Message edited by: SadGeezer ]

Anonymous

I might be able to use those pictures you gave me to create some gifs but thats all im really good at, i can get lights and things to move across it or get them to scroll across the screen but thats about it.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Jabba The Hunt:
    I might be able to use those pictures you gave me to create some gifs but thats all im really good at, i can get lights and things to move across it or get them to scroll across the screen but thats about it.

Hey Jabba, I might be able to help out if you fancy joining forces, I’m pretty good at creating artwork on the P.C., if Saddy let’s me know what type of artwork he would like to see, then I will put forward some artwork, and maybe you can animate it…whadya think???
    Squishy

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Squishy:
    …. if Saddy let’s me know what type of artwork he would like to see, then I will put forward some artwork, and maybe you can animate it…whadya think???
    Squishy

Your ideas so far sound GREAT! Animated ads would be WONDERFUL. I really hope you guys can come up with something!

The sort of stuff I’ve done in the past is below. I guess they are ok for someone without talent, ideally, I’d like to keep the SG logo and the character (and even the font used) but exerything else is up to you guys!

THIS IS SOOOO EXCITING!

Anonymous

And More!

Anonymous

Last batch:

Anonymous

Saddy, ‘OK for someone without talent’?, you’re having a giraffe ain’t you, they are bloody excellent.
    Maybe you want a revamp, but let me tell you, there’s nowt wrong with the banners you have.
    Squishy

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Squishy:
    Maybe you want a revamp, but let me tell you, there’s nowt wrong with the banners you have.
    Squishy

Thanks for the noice woprds, but I’m afraid that only two of them are the right size, non are animated and I don’t think any of them actually encourage peeps to visit the site.

My problem is that I’m too close to it (from a developmental point of view) and can’t even imagine what banners should look like to get peeps like yerselves to visit.

I guess I’m open to suggestions.

Flamegrape
    Participant

SadGeezer,

It just so happens that I went to art school and I have a BFA degree in Computer Art.

I’ve seen the graphics that you’ve used before. (Aeon Flux, B5, Farscape, etc.) I think I can refine those ideas or come up with new ones. Frankly, some of those banners are nicely done but very cluttered. I’ll use some of your SadGeezer logo artwork as a starting point…

First question is deadline. How soon do you need them? From the way you seem to put it, you need them “yesterday”.

I can create JPEG banners, animated GIFs, and FLASH animation, if you want. None of this is any problem. The prime factor is time.

I would like to contemplate on some ideas for the next day or two. I would like to get a nice handful done for you in one week. Does that sound good?

The bottom line is I can be you computer graphics dude (bloke, mate, whatever!)

Please EMAIL me at [email protected]!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.