Any thoughts about Roswell??

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi General Sci Fi Stuff Any thoughts about Roswell??

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Hi all
    I’ve been watching Roswell since the start and I must admit it has got better as times gone on. The last one I watched was where Max travels back in time from the year 2014 to stop his past self from getting it together with Liz. I thought it was brilliant, but if you are not a fan you’d probably wonder what the hells going on. Anyway if anyone has any views on this series I’d love to read them.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I missed the first episode

I thought the one where Michael met the soldier who saved his life before he was ‘born’ was a really good character story.

Anonymous

Has Roswell disappeared? I can’t find it on Australian TV anymore.

——————
    Studies show that alcohol is the leading cause of inexplicable rug-burns to the forehead.

Aeryn Crichton
    Participant

I watched Roswell last season, and I watched part of this season, but I really haven’t seen it in a while. I missed a few episodes, and I just got totally lost as to what was going on. Maybe, I can catch back up with the reruns.

——————
    “I love you” “I know” – Princess Leia and Han Solo
    “First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me, blow” – Ash from Army of Darkness
    “Darling, you idiot!” – Lum from Urusei Yatsura
    “Who is this Anya!? Is she prettier than me!?” Xander’s sock puppet friend from Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Anonymous

I’ve seen all of Roswell and I really like it. (oh, and the Max that came back from the future, with the ponytail, was fly! yeow!) I’m hoping it doesn’t end up on the scrap heap, ‘cuz I think it has great potential. I especially like how they handle that whole abduction, missing time, idea. Aliens hijacking bodies so they can make long distance calls…heh!

Anonymous

Max with a ponytail doesn’t really do it for me, Liz on the other hand…. Oh sorry.
    Just had an idea. Can anyone list their top ten favourite sci fi babes (or guys)??
    Heres mine
    1. Buffy the Vampire Slayer- She’s a babe and she kicks ass.
    2. Seven of Nine- Smart, sexy and a fetish for lycra.
    3/ Deanna Troi- A woman who can definately read your mind(dont know if thats a good thing).
    4/ Alien female, guest appearance by Famke Jansen in ST-tng (Help me out here Dalektek 790)
    5/ Liz Parker- Roswell temptress.
    6/ Sam Carter- SG1 would not be worth watching without her.
    7/ Jadzia Dax- I’d love to play connect the dots with this female.
    8/ Max(Dark Angel)- Genetically enhanced superbabe.
    9/ Xev- What else do I have to say?
    10/ Trance Gemini- Hey I have a thing for purple people(so long as they’re not Umpa Lumpa’s)

Anonymous

sorry i sort of missed this thread – i dont find many people around my place that watch it they dont like the realationships side and i must say im not to keen on that either – however i like trying to guess who the bad guys are i knew nasedo (sp) was a good guy that time he kid-napped liz oh and i knew that girl in the cafe was a good skin when chairwoman widica turned out to be the skin.

——————

Anonymous

I must admit the relationships between the humans and aliens does get on my nerves a bit, but if you try and get past that, what you see is quite good sci fi.

Anonymous

I have to say that the relationship between Max and Liz drives me insane sometimes but the one between Maria and Micheal is fun from time to time.

——————
    “History makes men, MacLeod, men don’t make history.” -Methos(Highlander)

Anonymous

Top Ten SciFi Dude/Dudettes

1. Kai-He’s even less motivated than me.
    2. Mulder-Less trusting than me.
    3. Macleod-Kicks butt,dies,kicks butt again.
    4. Methos-I don’t know how, but he’s cute.
    5. Tyr-Dear God, he’s GORGEOUS
    6. Bones-Dammit Jim! I’m a doctor, not a ____
    7. Uhuru-First sister in space; right on!
    8. Trance-She’s purple and I want that tail.
    9. Seven0fNine-Cool, calm, collective,eh, ed.
    10.Pa’u Zhaan-(sniff!)mystical, marvelous, and gone too soon!
    So, in her stead, I leave the wonderful, Delenn, also mystical and marvelous.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by BlackCloud:
    10.Pa’u Zhaan-(sniff!)mystical, marvelous, and gone too soon!

Gone? GONE?? GONE?!

NOOOOOOOOO!

Gone where?!

(I’m australian – we’re only up to season one of Farscape or something)

Eek…

(hits head on desk a few times to try and forget reading this thread)

——————
    The dead…do not Macarena.

Anonymous

ALEXXX!!!
    I can’t believe they killed Alex! (sniff!) (no joy)

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by BlackCloud:
    ALEXXX!!!
    I can’t believe they killed Alex! (sniff!) (no joy)[/B]

Oh, I know. I was in denial for the first twenty minutes of the show. Alex. Why Alex?
    Why not someone else like…Shawn? But Alex?
    Was it murder or was it suicide? I don’t know but Alex dead and it’s so wrong. Bad plot twist, bad.

——————

Anonymous

Erm!! Alex is dead?? Haven’t seen that one yet. Last one I saw was when all the leaders of the planets held a summit meeting with Max and Tess in NY. How far behind is that?

Anonymous

im about to watch the episode after that on sky one are you in england aswell – im going in 25 mins downstairs – hope its a good one ill come back and tell you which one it was when its over

——————
    life dont talk to me about life – HHGTTG

Anonymous

ive just watch it, it was the Christmas episode very good it not much sci-fi in it but for some reason i still enjoyed it, it gave you that warm feeling – im betting that isabel and micheal get together now, with the other alien girl and the sherifs wife also getting together which keeps her in roswell and then max and liz getting back together but thats enough about the boring realtionships.

ok first thing that episode had a kind of religious feel to it and that got me thinking im a Christians but i havnt been to church in a few months it got really boring and i prefered sitting at my computer but for some reason that episode made me want to go back, anyway who here thinks that if you are a Christian (or relgious in general) you cant believe in aliens because im afraid i have to disagree

also anyone here ever met a real Christmas Nazi

——————

Anonymous
    Inactive

Alex is (or, it appears was) played by Tom Hanks’ son.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Alex is (or, it appears was) played by Tom Hanks’ son.

Anonymous

ok why did you click the back button?

——————

Anonymous

Haven’t watched the christmas ep yet. Taped it so I think I’ll watch it later.
    As for religion. I dont really see myself as being christian or C of E, but i do believe in an afterlife. I dont know whether I’ve picked these ideas up from sci fi but i think that when you die you evolve or trasgress to a higher plane of existence. Dont mean to sound all spiritual or anything but thats what i think. I also believe in alien existance. The universe is massive so there has to be other life out there. To think otherwise is being naive. All religions have to accept that as fact, otherwise I think they will lose touch with the people who do believe in aliens (religious or not). Hope that makes sense.

Anonymous

‘Roswell’ is just part of the Government’s attempt to make the concept of conspiracies seem silly and feed Americans misinformation about aliens. It is even more transparent than ‘Men in Black’. If you want to watch ‘Roswell’, watch the 80s docu-drama. It is accurate to almost every confirmed detail. The show is MAJIC and just stupid.

Objections to the fact of alien visitation are almost all religious-based and lacking in scientific substance.

——————

The descendants of Northern Peoples are groping in universal darkness. Their mother mourns. A dark occasion forbodes a time when weakness in high places will revive a high cost of living, and an interval of mistakes in high places; an interval fit for distressing.

Anonymous

i just have a problem with people that tell me i cant believe in aliens as im a Chritain – it doesnt matter aliens could well exist

——————

Anonymous

A
    Little
    Spoiler
    Space
    Just
    In
    Case
    we’re
    in
    front
    o’
    youse
    guys
    at
    space one
    ‘kay?

ANYWAY back to Alex (sniff!) funny, quirky, cute, sweety extraordinaire. He was iced I tells ya! ICED! Oh, and then Liz jumps up and pretty much accuses Max of being the icer! Well, blow me down and call me Blackie! I almost fell off my chair. “Us against them” is how it ended. Do ya think the humans can hold their own against their alien-hybrid counterparts in this mystery? Is Liz right about this conspiracy to manipulate the hybrids offworld? Is Max as stupid as he is cute? This should make for some interesting upcoming episodes. But, I still want back my Alex!!!! Bad, bad, bad, plot twist. Shoulda killed the new kid; he was an utter pain in the nether regions anyway. But, not sweet, goofy Alex (sniffle! )

[This message has been edited by BlackCloud (edited April 26, 2001).]

Anonymous

havnt seen that one yet i dont think max would do that – i read that they havnt decided whether to do a third season yet

——————

Anonymous

I thought it was into the third season now. I think they’re using the whole Alex death alien conspiracy as the set up for the new season. Maybe I’m wrong. But, why did it have to be Alex, my Alex? NOOO!! Maybe it was a clone of him. OK, bad theory, but I’m desperate.

——————

Anonymous

well i dont know the web site i went to could have been old but anyway – cant the grenalith bring aliens and people back to life couldnt they use it on him – if it cant be used on aliens they could make up some excuse about him at sometime being healed by an alien dude and then that changes his anatomy (like liz’s) so that the grenlith can heal him?

——————

Anonymous

im about to go and watch the next episode now

——————

Anonymous

first, my top ten:

1Tyr(Andromeda)
    2Logan(Dark Angel)
    3Sheridan(Babylon 5)
    4Crichton(Farscape)
    5Doyle(Angel) *damn them for killing him off*
    6Logan(X-men the movie)
    7Harry(Voyager)
    8Michael(Roswell) *BEFORE the haircut*
    9Kincaid(Earth Final Conflict)
    10Gunn(Angel)

——————
    spoon

Anonymous

oops, sorry

This is still the second season of Roswell.
    The season finale is next week.

Farscape and Roswell
    This is your official SPOILER WARNING
    SPOILER WARNING SPOILER WARNING SPOILER WARNING SPOILER WARNING SPOILER WARNING SPOILER WARNING SPOILER WARNING SPOILER WARNING SPOILER WARNING SPOILER WARNING SPOILER WARNING SPOILER WARNING SPOILER WARNING SPOILER WARNING SPOILER WARNING

Alex is not dead especially with all the
    weird stuff they found out he was doing:
    never went to Norway, translated the book,
    etc. Does anyone have a guess to who Leanna
    actually is? Or what’s going to happen with
    Tess and Max’s baby? They’re finishing up
    the season with the aliens going home. Are
    they going to make another season?

Now to Farscape: Does anyone have any ideas
    about the connection between Jool and Crichton?
    Maybe the wormhole goes through time as well
    as space and Crichton is actually in the
    future? Anyone have a guess?

——————
    spoon

Anonymous

no idea sorry oh and thanx for the spoiler i always like information about what is happening – why you ask – i store in my memory never think about it again until the episode comes on tv and then i tell everyone whats about to happen about 10 seconds before once i managed to make someone believe i was phyic he was only 11 though

——————

Anonymous

OH MY GOD!!!!
    You killed Kenny, I mean Alex. You B*%$£*D.

How many weeks are the UK behind compared with the States?

I think this show is getting better and better. Even my wife likes this, and she is not easily pleased.

I WANT TO KNOW MORE!!!!!!

What do those binary zero’s and ones signify on Alex’s check receipt?
    Is he really dead?
    Did he commit suicide?

I NEED TO KNOW…..please tell me

Anonymous

Nooooo! Where’s my Roswell gone?!? After 3-4 weeks of the new season, they shoved it off the programme to make way for Airport and Boot Camp. Now that really has got to suck.

——————
    Yoda of Borg are we: Futile, resistance is. Assimilate you, we will. Hmmm?

Anonymous

no its still on sky 1 at 8 on wednesdays – if you want complete descriptions of what happens (5 pages long each (ive read them all) go to – http://www.roswell-high.com/show/desc/%5B/url%5D anyway, the numbers dont acutally mean anything if i remeber correctly they are nonsense, wait ill just have quick read – no they dont mean anything that i can find anyway the quote does it is what inspires liz to keep looking, any they find out that the building in the photo (where alex cut himself off) was taken down in 1994 therefore some element of it has been superiposed. They find the source of the emails and go to this universtiy where they find a super computer that Alex or “Ray” had been using to decode the aliens book, he then sent this in an email to the women in the photo. They find this room with the computer in and a bomb micheal chucks the bomb out of the room and they all go back and tell everyone. So what made Alex kill himself? It was the Thai food it reminded him of his stay at the universtiy as that was all he ever ate there for breakfast lunch and dinner. Personnely i think they could bring alex back but it seems unlikely however much i am upset about this is think that alex is dead unless of course they used a fake alex and killed him some how but then why did he leave all the clues for liz?

——————
    “Where is he”
    “Hes in the car park”
    “Whats He doing in the car park?
    “Parking Cars Dumb dumb what else does one do in a car park? – HHGTTG

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.