Apocalexx Roxx!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

WOW! Superb espisode. A Great story and stunning scenery. This is a great Season 4 episode which furthers the Carrott plot, Brings back Giggerotta and Lyekka (Part II) and featured some great effects (Those CGI helicopters were cool) and also had some great music (the Doors “This is the End” mixed in with Lexx themed music was superb). And Now Lyekka vs Japan makes more sense as a title. Excellent! Only 4 more to go. Ill be sad to see Lexx end but cant wait for the finale.

Flamegrape
    Participant

I didn’t read your message because I didn’t want to spoil the episode for me. (No big deal.)

But how is it that you get to see episodes before the USA and the UK? I was under the impression that they air the new episodes in the UK sometime after the USA.

Just wondering…

Anonymous

I *think* they show em 30 hours before us(USA) now Flame, not sure though.

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by LexxLurker:
    I *think* they show em 30 hours before us(USA) now Flame, not sure though.

Yes 30 hours. And since England and America don’t share the same audience, Scifi US doens’t care that they don’t “first” dibs. But if spacecast were to air 30 hours before, there would be hell to pay. The border states, can share the same audience.

Anonymous

UK eps are being shown at 9pm (GMT), I think it’s kinda fair, as we were sweating for a while when America was seeing the first half of this season and the UK didn’t have a clue when it would see S4.
    I think we’ve always had new Lexx at this time, perhaps Sci-Fi saw no reason to change it.
    But it does look like we’ll win the great reace to see the finale!!!
    Squishy

Anonymous

Yep. We in the UK see it on Thursday night at 9pm. The US get to see it on Friday at 9pm.

So, What did you think of the episode? Its a real highlight of Season 4 if you ask me. 9/10

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by JumpingJedi:
    The US get to see it on Friday at 9pm.

So, What did you think of the episode? Its a real highlight of Season 4 if you ask me. 9/10

We see it at 10pm.
    And hopefully a little after 11, we’ll continues this thread true purpose.

Anonymous

I’d say this episode was as good if not better than the Game. It had everything I could possibly want in a LEXX episode.

Anonymous

Good episode. Always love to see the return of Louise Wischermann.
    Does anybody know where they got the title “apocalexx now?” was that the name of Lyekka’s ship or the river they went up in in Vietnam?
    Apologies in advance to DT. Just a little kidding around.

Anonymous

Yeah, this episode was pretty good. Woah, hey look out for those golf balls!

The Helicopter flight looked pretty real, hard to say, you knew it was Bluescreen, but it didnt look like Bluescreen.

I dont know about the bit about the ghost army, that sorta didnt make any sense, or does this play a role in the earths destruction?

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Warsaw:
    [QB]
    Does anybody know where they got the title “apocalexx now?” was that the name of Lyekka’s ship or the river they went up in in Vietnam?
    [QB]

If you’re serious: Its from “Apocolypse Now” which is based off “Heart of Darkness”

Anyone else notice all the Music tributes in this episode? I heard the Doors, and Hendrix “Purple Haze” during the Bunny workout. Marty Simon did a great job of remixing all the music into his.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Evil_Lister:

I dont know about the bit about the ghost army, that sorta didnt make any sense, or does this play a role in the earths destruction?

Well its just an interesting story most likely a filler. But each of the soldiers names was a tribute to “golf”.

Bogey, Birdie, Eagle, etc..

Anonymous

The “ghost army” (or were they marines?) struck me as quite different in tone from the rest of the episode, and from LEXX in general, in that they seemed to be presented entirely without satire or irony. They were brave, courteous and kind, and their deaths seemed genuinely poignant–unlike those of the POWs at the beginning of the episode.

I gather that this episode (or at least part of it) was filmed after–but not long after–Sept. 11. Could that have affected how US soldiers were being shown? Do you think the writers changed the script because of it?

Flamegrape
    Participant

CHARLIE DON’T GOLF!

quote:

Originally posted by Evil_Lister:

I’m not sure, but the ghost army may have referenced the part in Apocalypse Now Redux where they come across the French plantation.

I knew it! I suspected for a while that Lyekka had something to do with those carrot probes! I feel vindicated! (Don’t know where I posted it, tho… ) I liked her outfit this time!

And another theory confirmed: Priest, Bunny, Giggarotta, and the rest “woke up” on Earth after the end of series III. I’ve suspected that one for a while, too.

During that one part where Lyekka goes off to look for a tiger, I thought she was going to come back with mangos instead. (In Apocalypse Now, Chef goes into the jungle to look for mangos and finds a tiger instead!) Or Stan saying, “Earth. I’m still only on Earth.” Or maybe Giggarotta declaring, “I love the smell of ball-wash in the morning.” But I suppose that would have been over-kill. LOL

Classic lines:

Lyekka: I’m Lyekka!
    Bunny: Well, I like you too!

Brill.

Did those V.C. soldiers have numbers written on their backs? ROFL!

This episode boo-coo numbah one!
    Me love long time.

Anonymous

A fast paced episode superior to “Haley’s Comet”. Nice to see Lyekka again, after so long since “Battle”. So I suppose that ‘Lyekka’s’ “people” came from the Light Zone and moved to the Dark Zone when Mantrid went crazy? This third incarnation of ‘Lyekka’ (minus Lulu-she was from Fire) is almost as playful as the first. And she still likes Stan, though he finally got eaten in his dreams. I’m glad the Pope got killed. Some of the gun battle made me laugh. Preist was evil in this one, killing all those Veitnamese and all. Reminded me of a certain white haired enigma. That addition to the end credits sounded nothing like “The End” by the Doors. Hope to see Prince return soon.

Anonymous

There was a bit of “White Rabbit” in there too…maybe for Bunny

Anyone else notice all the Music tributes in this episode? I heard the Doors, and Hendrix “Purple Haze” during the Bunny workout. Marty Simon did a great job of remixing all the music into his.[/QB]

theFrey
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Puzzler:
    I gather that this episode (or at least part of it) was filmed after–but not long after–Sept. 11. Could that have affected how US soldiers were being shown? Do you think the writers changed the script because of it?

The scenes with Bunny and the young marines were shot in the beginning of October.

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by dgk:
    There was a bit of “White Rabbit” in there too…maybe for Bunny

i think marty had a lot of joy with this episode; getting to reference back to apocalypse now and the music of the sixties would mean a lot to him; those of you that were in the chat with him might remember that he mentioned one of the apocryphal moments of his life was jamming with jimi hendrix for six hours …hell, that would be enough of a memory to retire happily on for lots of people

DalekTek790
    Participant

I finally got to see Apocalexx Now (part of it, at least). It was so exciting to see a Trin seed flying through space after so long!

It looks like my theory that the Trins (Lyekka’s people) and the probes are related is true. The Trins in the Light Zone didn’t seem to have any sort of real civilization, while the ones in the Dark Zone have advanced technology. I have theories about this but they’re long.

It appears that the soul of the Lyekka plant was infused into the body of a living Trin in the Dark Zone after migrating from the planet Water after it was destroyed or after Battle. Unlike the human reincarnations, she has memories of her past life and afterlife. The one who said she was “like a twin sister Lyekka” would be part of the same family clan as body currently containing the Light Zone Lyekka’s soul, who has knowledge of the Lexx and Stan (notice that this one didn’t bother to scan everybody, she went straight to Tweedle). Now, why was Stan dreaming about Lyekka in Viêt Nam? That’s a little weird. Anyway, I didn’t see the end so I don’t know how things turned out with Lyekka (or her sister Lyekka).

That whole thing might be an homage to a pseudo-religious group called the Pleiadeans, whose founder prophecized that in 1996 a spaceship disguised as an asteroid would arrive carrying an alien race called the Reptilians to whom humans are a delicacy.

President Priest was a little too annoyingly stupid in this episode (the thing with his speech was just painfully silly and tasteless). I think he was better when he had somebody manipulating him.

sgtdraino
    Participant

I think this new Lyekka did what the original plant did: She took her form from Stanley’s dreams. The original said she would live on in his dreams, and now we see how. The new Lyekka based herself on the memories of the old Lyekka. She read Stan’s throughts.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.