apocalypse nowish

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    FX
    Participant

scary episode…but at least conner finally got his ‘reward’…not sure if that last shot of angel at the end meant he knew what had happened/or was in fact watching…does this mean he’s going to lose his soul again? or just get really ****ed off? good to see wesley saving gunn, and fred realizing that she probably should have been with her buddies during these disturbing events…and was the big bad supposed to be the big enchilada, satan himself? nice cloven hooves i thought, but somehow petty to be himself…does all this apocalypse stuff tie into the ‘from beneath it devours’ arc on buffy, i wonder? is there going to be some back and forth on the two shows given that this may be buffy’s final season, and that faith is returning? ah, this is shaping up very nicely indeed

Anonymous

Yep, very scary!

I guess it’s my fave episode this season too. Poor Connor, what’s his dad gonna say after his playing with Cordy’s soft bits like that!?

The big bad is suitably scary and evil looking but I think it looks too much like the devil to be real if you know what I mean. The real chairman of the board would be nastier and less nasty… I think.

I wonder if the fire and brimstone stuff was intended to make us think that it was the real bielzibu… beelzeeb… devil.

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by SadGeezer:
    Yep, very scary!

I guess it’s my fave episode this season too. Poor Connor, what’s his dad gonna say after his playing with Cordy’s soft bits like that!?

have to say, the look on angel’s face did NOT look promising in that regard and is it me or are cordelia’s soft bits growing?!

The big bad is suitably scary and evil looking but I think it looks too much like the devil to be real if you know what I mean. The real chairman of the board would be nastier and less nasty… I think.

one would like to think so , wouldn’t one? perhaps too many years of mick singing sympathy for the devil? nevertheless, someone that powerful ought to be fairly classy and subtle…on the other hand, most serial killers do not look and act like hannibal lechter ,or ted bundy for that matter, so maybe there is some truth in advertising

I wonder if the fire and brimstone stuff was intended to make us think that it was the real bielzibu… beelzeeb… devil.

i think you mean beelzebub sweetie have another drink; always makes me spell better

[ 20-11-2002: Message edited by: FX ]

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by FX:
    is it my imagination, or are cordelia’s soft bits growing?

my apologies to ms. carpenter (cordelia chase) …it appears she is pregnant and she and her hubby are expecting in march! mystery solved and congratulations to cordy

Anonymous

I thought mr. big bad looked like Nosferatu. didn’t the council refer to him as “the first?” I wonder if he’s the first vampire.

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Aurora:
    I thought mr. big bad looked like Nosferatu. didn’t the council refer to him as “the first?” I wonder if he’s the first vampire.

hi aurora; at first glance i thought ‘the master’, then i thought ‘looks different than the master, more like nosferatu’…yes, the council said i thought, the first evil… which is referred to in the earlier episode when buffy goes below ground (under the dead christmas trees) and battles the shape changer for angel…remember, when jenny calendar keeps appearing to angel and telling him to kill buffy? anyway, i think that is the first evil the council was referring to ….anybody else got any ideas?

ADM
    Participant

What’s up with Cordy?, is it really her?, I mean telling Angel she loves him and then getting it on with Connor, yeah Cordy was once queen bitch, but this is really low…I don’t think it’s Cordy at all.
    I don’t think this can be ol’ nick or Satan if you will, it looked like Wesley did some damage before the big bad tossed him like a rag doll, for my money if it were the master of disaster then he would be beyond even the slightest bit of hurt.
    Damn good ep though, and nice to see Wes back in the fold.
    BTW, above posts…wrong forum!!!
    ADM
    P.S Can someone tell me when the new Buffy and Angel eps get aired in the U.S?

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by ADM:
    P.S Can someone tell me when the new Buffy and Angel eps get aired in the U.S?

new season buffy; tuesday nights on upn at 8 pm eastern standard time

angel; sunday nights on wb at 10 pm est

buffy in syndication (seasons 1-6), two episodes a night on fx monday through friday

we have a new episode of buffy to look forward to on december 17th, but angel is in reruns right now…

Fantasma
    Participant

Gotta make a correction to the Angel airings. The WB moved it about and now it’s on Wednesdays at 9pm EST, with a new eppie this week, 4.08 “Habeas Corpses”

No new Buffy this week (tonight) but will be back next week with 7.12 “Potential”

And I have to agree about Cordy being pretty much a pod-person. I still feel scarred by that Conoor-Cordelia action… how can she not feel the slightest bit weird knowing that she had changed his diapers!! She’s got her memories back! And, what, she can’t love Angel now (which I still maintain was a forced feeling and a wrong place to go), does she forget the loveable but goofy Groo? Whatever happened to him? And what about Phantom Dennis?? I miss Dennis!!

Um, yeah.. ok.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.