Area 51; Paranormal or Patsy?

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub Area 51; Paranormal or Patsy?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Read the article HERE

There’s only 3 options but feel free to expand on it by replying!

I’ve been told it was where the stealth bomber and fighter were originally tested, but I’ve also been told I look like Gabriel Brynes so someones lying ๐Ÿ˜†

If I personally had to hazard a guess, I kinda believe there’s more than just *human* science going on. The advent of computers, stealth, genetics, etc..etc… all in such an eyeblink of humanity, it seems suspicious ๐Ÿ’ก

Jennicide
    Participant

How come it always seems to be in the US that you hear about this stuff?
    You get things like crop circles, area 51, all of that, but its in America. If there were actually beings wanting to communicate with people, would they concentrate solely on one part of the world? or is it more likely they would try other parts as well.
    or, is it that because the yanks got themselves as far as the moon a couple of times, they were more ‘acceptable’ to the ‘aliens’?
    its all very strange when you think about it.
    – actually this was brought up in the last episode of stargate – about secrecy within the government etc.
    the storyline was simply a tried and true way of reviewing the adventures of SG-1, (ie. taking a trip down memory lane)
    but it prompted thought nonetheless. Exactly how much do our governments -all over the world- keep from us (go the conspiracy theories!!) Do they have regular contact with alien beings? do they trade technology and information, traversing the galaxy daily?
    and if that’s so, how much do they co-operate with each other? this episode in particular brought the ambassadors of france, china, england, the us and russia together to let the first three named in on the act. if this was true to life, why on earth would the other countries feel the need to be secretive about all of the information? – especially if tensions arose between the countries… in fact, why would the us feel the need to let anyone else know in the first place? they would then be placed over a barrel in the sence that as soon as the us overstepped its bounds, any of the other countries could hold the information against the us governent? or am i rambling about something i know crap all about?

(just to clear everything up, this is not my actual stance, I believe whole heartedly that there are other beings out there, i just dont really have any concrete evidence so to speak.)

nursewhen
    Participant
    Jennicide wrote:

You get things like crop circles, area 51, all of that, but its in America. If there were actually beings wanting to communicate with people, would they concentrate solely on one part of the world?

Yes, If I were an alien looking down at the world, with my ignorance of what is a country, I would see Africa and Asia as the largest land masses and would concentrate on them. By comparison, North America is a medium sized island.

It always amuses me how people always want to deny what the human race is capable of. Pyramids, wow, they’re big, must be made by aliens. Lines in the desert, Ooh, they’re straight, must be made by aliens. Strange looking aircraft in a possible secret government aircraft design and development area, must be made by aliens ๐Ÿ˜‰

Sasha
    Participant

I have a good friend who was in the US Air Force and held top secret clearance.

She has alluded to things but says she cannot outright say anything.

When in conversation someone stated “I think we’ve gotten all this advanced technology from the crashed alien craft,” she replied with an enigmatic smile and “What makes you think they aren’t working WITH us?”

That was the most I have ever been able to get out of her. Whether or not she just likes pulling our chains, who knows! ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous
    Jennicide wrote:

You get things like crop circles, area 51, all of that, but its in America.

And that is *exactly* why I included option #2. Personally I think there’s a great deal of merit to your arguement. I half-believe the US Government helps along the rumors of aliens et al simply because people arent whining about jobs and taxes when they’re demanding to know what secrets the government is hiding. If nothing else, it doesent hurt them to do so, can only help.

nursewhen
    Participant
    ”LexxLurker” wrote:

Jennicide wrote:

You get things like crop circles, area 51, all of that, but its in America.

And that is *exactly* why I included option #2. Personally I think there’s a great deal of merit to your arguement. I half-believe the US Government helps along the rumors of aliens et al simply because people arent whining about jobs and taxes when they’re demanding to know what secrets the government is hiding. If nothing else, it doesent hurt them to do so, can only help.[/quote]
    I don’t know if it’s that cynical, I think people believe whatever turns then on. Like being dragged off into spaceships for experimentation. It seemed for a while to be a sport exclusive to America. Then the X files got screened in Britain, and next thing you know, Brits are being dragged out of their beds by the cartload ๐Ÿ˜†

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.