baby name needed

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Hollydays
    Participant

hello! I am preggers and am in the process of picking out baby names. I have a boys name picked out but can’t decide on a girls name (don;t know if a girl or boy yet). I would like something appropriately sci-fi that is not too hard to say or spell…any ideas?

Anonymous

WHOO HOO!! – Excellent news!

So that’s what you’ve been up to lately!

Welp, erm. Grizelda is a lovely name but is a bit of a mouthful. Personally, I like Clare (but it’s not too sci fi-y.

I quite like Aiyana (Native American) – Eternal Bloom or Forever Flowering. I gues syer not going to go for Xev or Zev … are you? (I think Zev is pretty cool)

So, are your gonna call him SadGeezer? It’s actually a very elegant name you know, much respected around the world for strength and vigor and handsomeness and … and…

Wonderful news babe, congratulations !

Anonymous
    Inactive

Congratulations

If it’s not too difficult to spell (or pronounce), maybe Jihana.

Though if I had a daughter I might name her Barbarella-Queen-of-the-Galaxy (or Barbarella-Queen-of for short.)

BTW, SadGeezer also sounds good.

Anonymous

Well, I’m not a particular fan of the show, but I’ve always liked the name Andromeda. In its full form it has gravitas, and shortened, lots of potential for nicknames: Dromy, Andy, etc.

Congrats on your new little person.

ADM
    Participant

Howz about Anakin for the boy, and Analise (a Stargate SG-1 character) for the girl?
    That’s of course assuming you’re an SG-1 or Star Wars fan!
    ADM

Headgehog
    Participant

I’ve always been partial to Anya, even before Buffy teh Vampire Slayer.

Hollydays
    Participant

HMMM…I like all of the name ideas, Thanks!!

ermm..I don’t think I will add Sadgeezer to my list though, although, officially, my child will have to be a Sadgeezer…otherwise you can give them back, right??

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Hollydays:
    ermm..I don’t think I will add Sadgeezer to my list though…

Fair enough. But may I respectfully draw your attention to what the Kabelarians website says about ‘SAdGEezer (as a first name):

Extract from: Kabalarians.com – Baby Names – Sadgeezer

Your first name of Sadgeezer has given you a clever, deep mind and the talent to excel in highly inspirational lines of endeavour as a dramatist, musician, writer, or artist. You can be lifted by beauty in all forms and you are at the most creative when inspired. Your expressive, affectionate nature responds very quickly through your feelings, but you must guard against being possessive and jealous. You feel and sense much that you do not fully understand and cannot express. Your delight in mystery could draw you into occult studies or religions. Unfortunately, uncontrolled thoughts make it difficult for you to retain emotional stability, and prevent you from finding proper peace and relaxation. You tend to centre your interest too much on whatever means the most to you, and then you become over-possessive and suffer through disillusionment and fear of losses. Moods of depression, self-pity and a quick temper cause you much suffering. Inner turbulence can deplete your vitality and have a detrimental effect on your health causing you to suffer through heart, lung, or respiratory troubles, as well as breakdowns of the nervous system.

I’m actually very proud of this (when I can stop laughing)

Rag
    Participant

Just watch out for that Inner Turbulence! It will be the end of you.

[ 05-12-2002: Message edited by: Rag ]

Anonymous

Why not the name ‘Omar Mukhtar’ (nudge, nidge, wink, wink, ). In Arabic, it mans ‘The one chosen to bring prosperity’. Howzabout it? Eh? Eh?

Anonymous

how about Marina for a girl (as in Sirtis, or Marina from Stingray), or Jonas for a boy?
    congrats, by the way!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Headgehog wrote:

I’ve always been partial to Anya, even before Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

That’s interesting, that’s the name my wife has always insisted on if we have a daughter, and neither of us watch Buffy.

Okay, I’m reviving this thread because I just found out that my wife is pregnant, in fact she’s almost half way through her pregnancy. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฏ Long story, but we just hadn’t realised — she’s always so incredibly busy with work — not even parents yet and already negligent. Anyway, it’s quite the shock. So I guess it’s time that I ask for baby names — don’t know yet if it’s a boy or a girl (me as a father, now there’s a scary thought).

I am rathery opposed to Anya for a daughter (reminds me of Uranus, well not necessarily yer particular one ;)), so what other names do you suggest? And if it’s a son I’m thinking Liam, Ian, or Sean, but really want Logan or Zardoz (or possibly Number 1 ;)) . Whatever names they are, they have to be cool.

Anonymous
    Logan wrote:

I am rathery opposed to Anya for a daughter, so what other names do you suggest? And if it’s a son I’m thinking Liam, Ian, or Sean, but really want Logan or Zardoz (or possibly Number 1 ;)) . Whatever names they are, they have to be cool.

Congratulations Logan ๐Ÿ˜€ ! That explains why you’re sounding so dazed. ๐Ÿ˜‰

If your wife likes Anya, you’d better go with the flow. You’ve picked some nice boys names–for a cool name I always recommend Max. So far no one has taken me up on it ๐Ÿ™„ I almost had my brother convinced, but he ended up with a girl!

Have you checked out the local laws about showing children cult scifi flicks?

elmey

Anonymous
    Inactive

Don’t I always sound dazed? ๐Ÿ˜€
    Thanks to the max, Elmey. As a Max Headroom afficionado, I’ve always been partial to that name myself. Err, there’s only one little problem, my wife insists that his second name should be Edmund, in honour of Black Adder, and my last name is Padd. Come to think of it, Max E. Padd has a nice ring to it. ๐Ÿ˜ณ Just kidding; I bet I fooled you until I mentioned Black Adder. ๐Ÿ˜‰

No, I really do like Maximillian or even Maximus. Elmey, if I choose that name then I promise to buy the child a Tickle Me Elmey Doll in your honour! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks again! ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ˜€ 8)

Headgehog
    Participant

How about Gavin. And if you really need a scifi reference for the name, Gavin as in Capt. Gavin Capacitor, the crimson binone from Reboot. Or Gav from the web comic Nukees.

Anonymous
    Logan wrote:

No, I really do like Maximillian or even Maximus. Elmey, if I choose that name then I promise to buy the child a Tickle Me Elmey Doll in your honour! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Hmmm. An honor indeed. By the way, my idiot brother thought Max was short for Maximum. At least you’re not that dazed.

elmey

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Headgehog wrote:

How about Gavin. And if you really need a scifi reference for the name, Gavin as in Capt. Gavin Capacitor, the crimson binone from Reboot. Or Gav from the web comic Nukees.

Or Gavin as in Gavin Boy (oh no, I’m thinking of Cabin Boy). Nice name, thanks Headgehog! BTW, if it’s a girl I already Gave in to my wife over Anya (the girl’s name you like).

Elmey, the “Tickle Me” doll will come later, but what I really want is a Squish doll, we had an ultrasound done today and he kinda reminds me of Squish, but I’m calling him Baby Lexx for the moment because if you look very closely you will notice the cool Lexx spiral on his/her* head.

*they won’t tell you the sex of the child here anymore ๐Ÿ™

A Lexxian is almost born:

”elmey” wrote:

Have you checked out the local laws about showing children cult scifi flicks?

There are some pretty strict laws, but a local Mountie (RCMP Officer) told me that generally as long as the most excellent sadgeezer peeps approve of whatever it is I’m exposing it to then the authorities are usually willing to look the other way — good taste counts for a lot apparently. ๐Ÿ˜€

BTW, it’s my birthday on March the 9th — no presents please! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anonymous

AWWWW!!!! what a cutie pie baby!!! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ i am so happy for you!:D:D i don’t have a name for you yet but i will let you know my two cents again when the baby is born. in my personal experience i actually named my son (9 years old in april!) after a time traveling cop named Darien Lambert from a show called “Time Traxx” in the early ’90s’. ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

lexxrobotech
    Participant

what about…. Rory. Thats a manly name!

fluffy bunny
    Participant
    Logan wrote:

Headgehog wrote:

*they won’t tell you the sex of the child here anymore ๐Ÿ™

A Lexxian is almost born:

Congrats.
    As to the sex of the baby- they generally don’t tell you here in the UK here- they know in the majority of cases at the 20 week ultrasound, but mistakes have been known to happen- not good if you’ve bought all the baby clothes already. When doing obs and gynae placement, 2 secs after the family had left the room, the doc tells the med student what the actual sex is.

As to names, I’ve always like Aroura myself as a girls name, but I don’t think I’d have the courage to call a child that.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.