Back from drinking in FL & getting a shade country in TX

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub Back from drinking in FL & getting a shade country in TX

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sidhecafe
    Participant

Yup. Nothing like 80 degree weather in West Palm Beach for 4 days of meetings and free food and beer. (jan 11-14)

From FL – I flew to Austin, TX to spend 11 days with my sister and her family.

Florida was great, very vacationy. I’ve been to Austin 4 or 5 times before, but usually just for a weekend. This time my sister got out and did some great stuff alone, thanks to her husband watching the kids – along with spending some quality time with the Kids esp.

Austin is a great city. Lots going on and such a different feel than the northeast. We checked out a musuem and toured the Capital building.

I even was moved to look at rents down there – it is almost half as cheap as Boston if not more!!

Not that I’m moving anytime soon…or that any of you should read my rambling on here any longer….except one of the highlights of my trip was to watch the BSG miniseries (I hadn’t seen yet) and the pilot of the series…so now I’m completely hooked!!!

Weird thing about my trip…came home owning a cowboy hat.. ๐Ÿ˜ฏ ..and in the immortal words of Will Smith from MIB:

“I make this look good.” ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Of course I came home to 4 feet of snow!!!!

mysteriesofthesea
    Participant

Now on to a fascinating question,..what would you do to achieve your heart’s desire? The BSG folks have to cross an entire universe to achieve their hearts’ desire,..not just to survive but to continue their culture and honor their beliefs and their very humanity by surviving. ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

What would you consider your heart’s desire, and what would you,..oh Sidhecafe,..be willing to do to achieve it?

Just askin’!! ๐Ÿ˜›

…………….Stanelle

Sidhecafe
    Participant

You know Stanelle, I had no idea answering. “What is your heart’s desire” would be such a perplexing question.

Seriously, I wish my family all lived within a 10 mile radius of each other. Since I never had a family that stays together in the same place, as we all get older I find myself wanting that very much.
    However there is nothing I would do about that because we all have made our habitation choices based on important reasons individually (and in some cases for my siblings’ children) and we grew up in an atmosphere that greatly values that. So to do something to change that would be to try and change the members of my family’s individual wills – and I would never do that, except maybe continue to keep everyone in touch as much as possible in hopes that if circumstances changed, being closer would become an important criteria for the future.

This is a hard question to answer because I think I am doing my best to pursue my path in this life in faith that it is the correct direction – because that’s not always a clear thing.

I am working very hard to finish my application materials for grad school to the best of my abilities presently. Getting into school is one of my heart’s desires. But what is meant to be is what will happen.
    I don’t think what we want is always necessarily what’s best for us.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.