Bad Carrot doesn’t even rate

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Bad Carrot doesn’t even rate

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Headgehog
    Participant

Scifi announced it ratings for the week of Jan 28, through Feb 3 and Lexx didn’t even make the top ten. Which means is rated less then a 0.8

The Chronicle was cancelled for having better ratings then this!

For the record here are the ratings:
    SHOW HHR
    Unforgettable 1.0
    The Fifth Element 1.0
    Asteroid, Pt. 2 1.0
    The Chronicle 1.0
    Asteroid, Pt. 1 0.9
    The Invisible Man 0.9
    John Edward 0.8
    Flash Gordon 0.8
    Death Becomes Her 0.8
    Alien Avengers 0.8

Anonymous

I expect the episode prior to it – the god awful season premiere – would have deterred many. it will be interesting to see whether the network perserves with it, or follows germany’s lead during season 3 and pulls it off air mid season.

Anonymous

Lexx in general rarely ever gets more than .7. The only times it’s done better have been when scifi’s promoted it more(I think the best rating in the last year was Little Blue Planet which rated high because scifi promoted the new season for once.)

Of course when they do promote they don’t promote it right…

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by The_Steven_Bell:
    Lexx in general rarely ever gets more than .7. The only times it’s done better have been when scifi’s promoted it more(I think the best rating in the last year was Little Blue Planet which rated high because scifi promoted the new season for once.)

Of course when they do promote they don’t promote it right…

To the contrary Lexx averaged a 1.0-1.1 earlier this season, and averaged a 1.2 last season. This is the lowest ratigns I’ve ever seen for it. In addition scif plugged Lexx more often for the second half of the season . The first part of s4 saw only a couple adds a day.

Anonymous

The *real* reason is the crap around it.

Farscape as much as I hate it does wonders for ratings, and Lexx helped its ratings in return.

When you pair Lexx up with crap like “Strange World” and “The Chronicle” both being relativly new shows, Lexx isnt going to get any carryover like it would with higher rated shows.

Anonymous

I think it lost a lot of momentum when they stopped showing it in December(?). You can second guess US Scifi about this questionable decision, but the reairing of Lexx seems to coincide with college starting and ending. They might have had a valid reason to do this.
    Anyway, it restarted with midsummers nightmare. Hardly a show to start up momentum again. I think it will pick up again eventually.
    Scifi also probably gets a lot of mileage from rerunning Lexx on Sunday at 2 am. Even when the show was not running new episodes I noticed that they still tended to pull .8 shares. The loyal cult following that Lexx enjoys probably kept it from being canceled like the Chronicle or First Wave.

Anonymous

Ooops!Destroyed my credibility there, didn’t I? Yeah, Bad Carrot was first. But the momentum thing is still true.

Headgehog
    Participant

Yea midnght was first, unfortuantly I missed the ratings for that week. I’m interested to see if this was a fluke or if thsi trend will continue for the rest of the season.

Anonymous

A small possibility: since all the bottom tier ratings are .8, it doesn’t necessarily mean that it rated less than that. They only show the top ten after all, so it could have made a .8 and they just didn’t choose to show that one.
    I refuse to believe Lexx got beaten by Flash Gordon. That movie is horrible.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Warsaw:
    A small possibility: since all the bottom tier ratings are .8, it doesn’t necessarily mean that it rated less than that. They only show the top ten after all, so it could have made a .8 and they just didn’t choose to show that one.
    I refuse to believe Lexx got beaten by Flash Gordon. That movie is horrible.

Well take it from this perspective:

I’ve never seen Flash Gordon but I’ve heard the name and might watch it just because.
    Now there are other ppl who like me who haven’t seen it but know the name.
    Then you’ve got the ppl who’ve seen it and liked it.

In any event SCIFI rarely shows good movies but they always manage to rate well…for some strange reason.

Anonymous

Warsaw, I’m not sure you destroyed YOUR credibility: if sci fi really did show Bad Carrot before Midnight, then they would have shown the episodes out of order. If so, that’s incredible – because Xev needed to be raised from the dead before she could have had her anal probe (although that would remain debatable in the Lexx universe these days). From memory though, the recent sci fi chat was promoting midnight as the season premiere – so I think you were write the first time.

Anonymous

Hedgehog, Midsummer Nightmare wasn’t in the top ten either.

I agree with Warsaw, the four month hiatus was way too long so you couldn’t build momentum; Chronicle is not a good lead in for Lexx and MN was a weak start to the new season; don’t see how anyone but a committed fan could have a clue what was happening in that episode.

It’s true Sci Fi’s done more promotion lately but that has a limited effect; I would think most SciFi Channel viewers are aware of the show by now– I doubt there’s huge turnover in their viewership night by night. I think there could be a larger audience for the show, but they’re not going to be reached by SciFi Channel’s on-air promotions– no other publicity exists, in the U.S. at least. And the show just isn’t made to have mass market appeal.

That said, I think the ratings will pick up some as the show moves towards its climax, especially as more suspense develops in the story arc.

elmey

Anonymous

I loved A Midsummer’s Nightmare! I laughed my mouth dry as I heard Oberon and Titania’s bickering. Funniest episode of Lexx yet! Bad Carrot ruled! I loved it. 769 was less of a fav for me. (I actually turned the volume down due to embarrasment during the Truth or Dare scenes) I loved the scenes with Prince though! Prime Ridge and Mort have been okay episodes. I hope Moss and Dutch Treat are better. I’m sure that they will be. I know The Game will be amazing!!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.