Bad News Everybody

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    bonnee
    Participant

(the topic header is just a joke – some might consider it good news! ๐Ÿ˜€ )

Don’t Spike `Enterprise’ just yet!
    By Dean Johnson
    Friday, March 4, 2005

There may yet be voyages left for UPN’s sci-fi series “Star Trek: Enterprise.”
    On Spike TV.
    “It would definitely be something we would look at, and we know how devoted the show’s fans are,” said Spike TV spokeswoman Debra Fazio.
    The “Star Trek” spinoff (tonight at 8 on WSBK, Ch. 38) is slated to air its last episode in May. But die-hard fans hope to pull off something new: Raise enough money to fund its fifth season.
    The price? Nearly $30 million.
    Don’t laugh. According to Bay State resident Tom Moore, one of the co-founders of the TrekUnited.com project, his group has raised more than $3 million in just a couple of weeks.

Click Me!

The project moved into warp speed this week when “three anonymous donors who work in the aerospace field made an official pledge of $1 million each to help fund the show,” Moore said.
    The donors weren’t just “Trekkies” (hard-core fans of the series); they had their own motives for the contributions.
    “They are people who want to explore space and privatize the space program, and they feel that `Enterprise’ is an inspirational show that benefits that goal as well,” Moore said.
    How did a Bay Stater who works as a network administrator for a $60 million-a-year building supply company (he wouldn’t name his employer) suddenly end up heading an international campaign to save the Paramount series?
    “I’m a longtime science-fiction fan, and not just `Star Trek.’ I even like all those shows on the Sci Fi Channel that are on opposite `Enterprise,’ ” he said.
    “I’ve been on different (online) `Star Trek’ message boards for a while, and when I found out they were trying to save the show, I decided to jump on board.”
    But can his group save the series? Moore said several Fortune 500 companies also are interested in the project and that “more help is on the way.
    “I don’t know how a company can ignore over $3 million in pledges to bring back a show,” he said. “No one has ever done that before. The only one like it I know of was a drive to bring back `Farscape,’ and that raised $375,000, I believe. We’ve raised almost 10 times that amount already.
    “All we want is for Paramount to find a way to bring the show back,” he said.
    A UPN spokesperson said yesterday the network’s decision to cancel “Enterprise” is final. A Sci Fi Channel spokesperson said it has no interest in the show at this time.
    But Spike TV might hold the dilithium crystals to keep the show going. The channel already holds the rights to reruns of “Star Trek: The Next Generation” and “Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.”

mysteriesofthesea
    Participant

๐Ÿ˜ฏ

๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ˜€

Go for it,..Trekkers!” ๐Ÿ˜€

bonnee
    Participant

oops!

good news, everybody..

Spike Backs Off Enterprise Talk

A spokeswoman for Spike TV backed off comments that the cable network was considering picking up UPN’s canceled Star Trek: Enterprise in an interview with SCI FI Wire. The Boston Herald had quoted Debra Fazio saying: “It would definitely be something we would look at, and we know how devoted the show’s fans are.”

But Fazio clarified her remarks on March 8. “The quote was misconstrued,” she said in an interview. “We can’t say yes or no until it’s proposed to the network, and that hasn’t happened yet.” Fazio added: “That’s not something that we’re actively going out and pursuing.”

UPN announced earlier that it is canceling the low-rated Enterprise at the end of the current fourth season. No other network has stepped forward to pick up the show, and executive producer Rick Berman previously said that he was not interested in shopping the series around.

Fans, meanwhile, have been actively campaigning to revive the series for a fifth season, going so far as to raise funds to finance a fifth season themselves. They claim pledges of more than $3 million toward their goal of $36 million.

theFrey
    Participant

This is totally OT, at least as far as this thread. But…. it is Star Trek.

I am kinda, sorta, welll just…. What in the heck was Leonard Nimoy doing having an uncredited part as a Driver in a Bangles Video??? (video “Going Down to Liverpool”)

What in the heck has this guy NOT done? ๐Ÿ˜•

mandara k
    Participant

Good for them, I think they need an infusion of new thinking. hmmmm. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Another Moore though, I think the time for Moores’ is coming to the end. Next, We worked through Michael Moore, Julianne Moore, and others, now will it be an N or skip to R. R sounds right.

Rodriques or Rodriguez not only Sin City but others will emerge.

Okay, that’s my crazy freaky look but you know me just wait for it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.