Barbarella 2004

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Flamegrape
    Participant

Oh for f**k’s sake. Why are they remaking that movie? Does cheese have to age before anyone will respect it? And then try to update it?

Is it that all the good ideas for movies were already created? Hollywood sucks. I think Xenia ought to hook up with independant film makers instead of trying to please the scumbags in L.A. The people in Hollywood are bloodsucking spawn of Satan.

Xenia would have been better for the part. But Drew Barrymore is a part of the multi-generational royal court of Hollywood movie stars.

As Bill Hicks once said, the big earthquake needs to hit L.A. so that it will be flushed like the turd it is down to the bottom of the toilet bowl of the Pacific ocean. Can’t you picture it? Beachfront property in Arizona bay… ah… yeah…

[ 25-09-2002: Message edited by: Flamegrape ]

pet
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Flamegrape:

As Bill Hicks once said, the big earthquake needs to hit L.A. so that it will be flushed like the turd it is down to the bottom of the toilet bowl of the Pacific ocean. Can’t you picture it? Beachfront property in Arizona bay… ah… yeah…

[ 25-09-2002: Message edited by: Flamegrape ]

Wheeee! I could inherit some beachfront property! Uh… covered in smog! Which aggravates my allergies! Which makes me take medication that makes me grumpy!

I guess that’s not a good idea. Someone’s bound to get kicked in the face.

(Actually, I am more annoyed that they’re making yet another remake than that Drew Barrymore’s going to be in it. Aren’t there thousands of aspiring screenwriters out there with quasi-original material? Oh, wait, that’s me! )

Still, Mandrid would make a good Durand Durand (sp?). I don’t remember any of the other characters, though. Uh, were there any?

Pet;D

[ 25-09-2002: Message edited by: pet ]

Anonymous

Agreed Flame,

That’s why I love Lexx so much.

pet
    Participant

You know, now that I’ve slept, I have no earthly or otherworldly idea why I thought this was important enough to mention. I looked up Barbarella to check its release date in reference to Jane Fonda’s visit to Vietnam for another discussion, and became angry at the revelation that there’s going to be another one starring that girl from the Wedding Singer. I must apologise for this topic.

It would not happen if I got more sleep, I suppose, but I do have some soap to make.

Pet;D

pet
    Participant

Anyone else think Xenia would be a better Barbarella than Drew Barrymore?

Okay, I’m typecasting… but that’s who I immediately thought of when I heard it was being made. While I don’t perticularly have anything against Drew, I just don’t see her in that role….

Pet;D

Anonymous

While I like Drew Barrymore’s real life independent “bad girl” spirit, I don’t see her as Barbarella. Xenia WOULD be much better, but I, too, hope she wouldn’t become too Hollywood.

Flamegrape
    Participant

Xenia has a soul. This is a handicap in Hollywood.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just can’t imagine Drew Barrymore as Barbarella, however, I do think she would of made a great Xev. If they ever do make a (theatrically released) Lexx movie, I’d love to see Drew play Xev, and, even better, I’d love to see her ex-beau Tom Green playing Kai. I mean Tom’s got the look don’t you think. There’s only one problem, the dead do not jack off horses.

Logan (an Ex-FunkET)

Anonymous

Wow! Strange, but strangly…appealing. Drew as Xev? Yep, I would feel inclined to check it out. Tom Green as Kai?!!! Now that’s an intriguing thought! I would definitely check that out! You do realize there will be consequences of your heresy, don’t you? Trini_T

Anonymous

Gag me. The only thing that made the original Barbarella fun was the awfulness of it. It was one of the worst movies ever made. Hey, go for Drew Baby. As to Xenia doing Barbarella, I hate to think she has, with the demise of Lexx, been dragged that low. Frankly, as much as I liked her, I don’t think Xenia is really big budget movie material.

mandara k
    Participant

I have nothing against Ms. Seeburg; but i must disagree to an extent FG; a “soul”- ful person does not fleece the public. It’s not good PR to push something that is questionable. It’s like shooting yourself in the foot.

May be she is unaware of this; but she will be when the first fan sues because what she promoted doesn’t work right, etc… She is really sticking her neck out and though admirable, the repercussions could be quite grave. I hope she gets out of it soon.

mandara k
    Participant

I guess i would not say soul; the Doors’ song comes to mind; you know the line “another lost angel”; that’s kind of what I mean.

Are you going to let me live now?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.