Battlestar Galactica Ep 2: "Water" [SPOILERS]

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Battlestar Galactica (Reimagined) Battlestar Galactica Ep 2: "Water" [SPOILERS]

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    tuzanor
    Participant

A slightly less intense epsiode but still of the same high quality as the mini series and ep1.
    Very edgy and unresolved plot. There was an easy/obvious ending beckoning but the writers ignored it – class!

So we are left with even more questions…….

Reset the clock for 6 days 12 hrs 5 mins to the next ep.

Does BSG get it’s own section on the BB yet?

Ian

Headgehog
    Participant

It would be misleading to say that this wasn’t as good as last week’s episode, but it wasn’t. Overall I’d give it a B+, but it was still of very high quality (unlike the copy I downloaded last night).

Water wasn’t a filler episode, as it plays a large role in the what I’m guessing to be the overall arc. But it doesn’t have a very worthy plot by itself, so its not the kind of episode that can be watched repeatedly for entertainment. Instead Water, serves the overall plot. It reminds me of a couple other Space Opera’s (Crusade and Firefly), whose individual episodes weren’t the best, but the series was greater then the sum of its parts.

This was a Boomer heavy episode. It’s certain now that she is a Cylon. But it looks like she can fight her programming, to help out the humans. Will she become the first (or perhaps second?) Cylon defector?

I still don’t know what going on with the Boomer-Helo mini-arc. Do the cylons plan to use Helo to track down the fleet, or perhaps other survivors?

It was good to finally learn that Baltar never did have a means of detecting the Cylons. He must’ve been really “lucky” in the mini to have serendipitously chosen a real biocylon as his fall guy.

I’ve been tinkering with making a BSG forum. I just don’t know how often it will be used. How many other people want an exclusive BSG forum?

Anonymous

Fine then! ๐Ÿ˜› I’ll say it wasn’t as good as last weeks!

It was one of those “exposition” episodes which spent about the entire episode setting up the various relationships around the crew.

The good news? They wont need another one.

The bad news? They’re rushing the “Boomer” plotline as well as forcing the relationships, and not letting them develop naturally. Without a specific count, they coupled like 6-8 people in this one episode? Not a great idea. By the time I finished the ep, I assumed this was originally the Pilot, and “33” was episode 2. Because frankly “33” was far too good to be a pilot episode.

But this isn’t a spoiler thread! So more later hehe.

I’d still give “Water” a 9/10, looking through other Sci-Fi’s shows 2nd eps, there aren’t any better. And now the basic precepts of the storyline are taken care of, back to the fighting! ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Headgehog
    Participant
    ”LexxLurker” wrote:

The bad news? They’re rushing the “Boomer” plotline

I would have expected them to draw out the “is she, or isn’t she a cylon” thing for a while. Of course it really looked like she was, but for the sake of drama…

But this isn’t a spoiler thread! So more later hehe.

Yes it is, check the title.

I should have the review up either tonight or tomorrow night.

Anonymous
    Headgehog wrote:

I would have expected them to draw out the “is she, or isn’t she a cylon” thing for a while. Of course it really looked like she was, but for the sake of drama…

Really? The end of the Miniseries flat out showed she was a Cylon. The spin in this ep is, she believes she is human.

The spoiler tag wasn’t visible from the main page, I didnt bother to re-read the title again from the inside ๐Ÿ˜ณ

But it’s always best to be safe.

tuzanor
    Participant
    ”LexxLurker” wrote:

Headgehog wrote:

Really? The end of the Miniseries flat out showed she was a Cylon. The spin in this ep is, she believes she is human.
    [/quote]
    This assumes that there are no human originals of the Cylon humanoids alive in the Fleet. Are the humanoids based on actual humans? If so, are they still alive? Someof the zillions of questions that the show has generated so far!

”LexxLurker” wrote:

The spoiler tag wasn’t visible from the main page, I didnt bother to re-read the title again from the inside ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Sorry!

Headgehog
    Participant
    tuzanor wrote:

This assumes that there are no human originals of the Cylon humanoids alive in the Fleet. Are the humanoids based on actual humans? If so, are they still alive?

#6 Shows up, for all to see, in a later episode (Six Degrees of Separation) and accused Baltar of treason. I wonder where that will lead.

There was an easy/obvious ending beckoning but the writers ignored it – class!

What are you referring to? There seems to be some discrepancies between the internet download version and what Sky One claims they aired (on their website). Are you talking about how Boomer went all stiff and robot like at the very end?

tuzanor
    Participant
    Headgehog wrote:

tuzanor wrote:

This assumes that there are no human originals of the Cylon humanoids alive in the Fleet. Are the humanoids based on actual humans? If so, are they still alive?

#6 Shows up, for all to see, in a later episode (Six Degrees of Separation) and accused Baltar of treason. I wonder where that will lead.[/quote]
    I take it that this Six is still a humanoid Cylon and not an actual human?

Headgehog wrote:

tuzanor wrote:

There was an easy/obvious ending beckoning but the writers ignored it – class!

What are you referring to? There seems to be some discrepancies between the internet download version and what Sky One claims they aired (on their website). Are you talking about how Boomer went all stiff and robot like at the very end?[/quote]
    My assumption was that the Cylons want for some reason to get Helo back to the fleet. What would be the best way to do it?

Blow up the original Boomer with her new co-pilot and substitute with the Boomer from Caprica with Helo.

So I fully expected Boomer to press the red button and trash her Raptor only to re-appear later having rescued Helo.

This has several plot-holes. Like how does Caprica Boomer explain to the fleet how she went back to Caprica?

This is all getting way too complex. Still Sci-Fi that makes you think and speculate. It doesn’t happen often enough! ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.