Beam Me Up Scotty…One Last Time

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi Sci Fi Conventions Beam Me Up Scotty…One Last Time

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    theFrey
    Participant

James Doohan AKA Scotty has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease according to his son Chris Doohan. While he is currently doing okay since the illness is in the early stages, his other medical problems (Parkinson’s disease and diabetes) are also affecting him.

So he will meeting with his many fans one last time at a three-day Star Trek convention August 28th thru August 30th 2004 in Hollywood California. This is being advertised as his last convention and is being called – “Beam Me Up Scotty…One Last Time.”

All the original crew members are scheduled to put in appearances. This includes Nichelle Nichols, Leonard Nimoy, Walter Koenig, George Takei, and even William Shatner. Apparently, all previous problems between him and Mr. Doohan have been resolved.

While in Hollywood, Mr. Doohan will also be induction into the Hollywood Walk of Fame on August 31st.

Anonymous

That’s a real shame, a friend of mine once met him at a function and he told me that it was a genuine pleasure! A very cool geezer, modest, warm and chatty and gracious to his fans.

I wish him all the best in his coming fight with illness.

๐Ÿ™

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.