Been gone too long

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

I have been away from this BB far too long. Lets talk people. FS is in reruns so not much new to gabb about but I did see something in a rerun that I missed before. It was when Dargo got the ship that he is trying to fly( or even not distroy Moya) If you want to know more or have a commit you know how to type.

Anonymous

Well, I agree. This board is awfully quiet. I haven’t seen all the episodes yet, so everyone is new to me! I imagine everyone got all talked out during the regular season (in the U.S., that is) and no one has anything more to say. This I find hard to believe. I usually find that FS eps improve with age, and with repeated viewing.

Are you talking about Self Inflicted Wounds Part 1 or Part 2?

Anonymous

Im not sure the title of the show,I dont pay to much attention to titles, but it was a show just before a 2parter. They were at a comerce station that got hit by a “shock wave” or “storm” and Moya was caught in the docking port. Dargo goes out to free her and see a ship floating free and takes it on board Moya. I must have been out of the room the fist time it was on to miss it, now some things make more sence too me.
    Just got cable or just got into FS? Lets keep talking.

Anonymous

I’ve had cable since it was invented! LOL!! I only just discovered FS. I’ve stayed away from TV SciFi shows, since I find them mostly cheesy and dumb.

I don’t remember exactly which episode that happened in, but it sounds like it might be “Liars, Guns, and Money Part 3” (Ep 2.21) because that was the last one of a 3-parter which was immediately followed by a 2-parter. I’d review it on tape, but it’s out being copied for a friend. Have you been watching it every night? I’ve checked several websites that have episode guides, but bringing that ship on board wasn’t mentioned in any that I saw. (As I recall, Dargo bringing it on board was almost an afterthought, anyway.)

Flamegrape
    Participant

Yes, this board has been quiet. I like the show too. But I’ve had trouble keeping up with the plots. If I blink, I miss something important every time.

Anonymous

I might be opening a fat can of worms here, but I’m relatively new to Farscape. I watched a couple of the first season episodes, but mostly because I stumbled on them by mistake. Recently, I realized the show is amazing, and that I was missing out on 2 and a half seasons… so… I got on the web and downloaded and burned EVERY SINGLE EPISODE to CD. Right up to 3×18, the last one. I would feel bad, but, hey, I figure they were free when they were broadcast, so I’m not stealing anything. Plus, now I’m a loyal watcher, and will be front and center when the new eps are broadcast, and that’s good for ratings. If I DIDN’T watch all the episodes, I’d probably forget I cared and never bother to watch again.
    So, for all you newbies, like me, go to http://www.edonkey2000.com , download the file sharing software, and happy hunting. (Oh, and if you can get the frelling thing to work, apparently the IRC #farscape-central is good too.)

Charmless Man

Anonymous

Horse still missed the ship being picked up and I had to tell him the plot of the show to get him to see when Dargo grabed the ship. Sometimes the cast talks very fast or very softly and we miss things that may be an important plot point. Still the best SciFi on right now.

Anonymous

Sitting here in a hot sweaty room in Austarlia I am wishing they would hurry up and put Farscape back on… The last episode we had was the one where Rigel goes to gang up with Kraise (?) and Moya ends up running away from her baby Tallin, and Crichton and D’Argo are floating in space with Aeryn trying to save them… umm, obviously that wasn’t a great description but I just want to make the point that I think that was only series 2

Anonymous

HAS anyone got the IRC Farscape Central chat to work?? I can’t get the frelling thing to work at all.

On another note, I find that I have to tape the eps and then watch them several times to get every last bit out of it. I like this, though. The shows are never boring. I can only vaguely remember that Dargo pulled a ship on board, and I didn’t tape that episode. Now I know better.

Anonymous

The IRC channel for Farscape (#farscape-central) is a pile of dren. IRC just wasn’t meant for that kind of traffic. You log on, get in a queue for a download that’s usually 250-350 meg, then you wait. A download that size usually takes upwards of 8 hours, even with broadband. But you’re #18 in the queue, waiting for a slot to open, but everyone ahead of you is going to take 8 hours too. I’ve NEVER got it to work because something inevitably frells up before my turn comes. Try eDonkey (see above) or even Morpheus. Took me about 2 months, but I got EVERY EPISODE!! Of course, that means I’ve watched every Farscape episode (most for the first time) over the past 2 months. It’s been a DAMN fine time… now I have to wait until, what, next century? for anything new… Grrr.

Charmless Man

Aeryn Crichton
    Participant

I just wanted to say that I’ve been gone for way too long too. Between work and school, I barely have time to sleep and eat (okay, so that’s an exaggeration, but you get my point). I’ve enjoyed watching Farscape M-Th since there aren’t any new episodes. It’s been good to see episodes that I haven’t seen in so long, and some that I missed when they were first on.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.