Being a woman, I’d like to know……

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Being a woman, I’d like to know……

• This topic has 44 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 23 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 45 posts - 1 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

What is the fascination with the “Dead Guy”?
    Most women are either dating or married to a guy who exhibits the same amount of enthusiam as Kai does. Do they really believe that he’ll change for them or Xev? Is it about Kai, or is it really about Michael McManus? If it’s Mr. McManus, there’s not a lot out there, information wise, about him. Well, I’d like to know your thoughts.

Anonymous

When you really get down to the nitty gritty – I think it’s just that Kai is drop-dead gorgeous and is completely unaware of it.

I think conceit is so unattractive and really detracts from a man’s appeal. Also a little fantasy makes everybody’s life easier. Frankly, I ‘ve seen pictures of Mr. McManus in real life and other films and he’s is, to me at least, much more appealing in the role of Kai – so I think it is Kai…
    The hairstyle, black outfit and boots all add to the atraction.

Anonymous

When you really get down to the nitty gritty – I think it’s just that Kai is drop-dead gorgeous and is completely unaware of it.

I think conceit is so unattractive and really detracts from a man’s appeal. Also a little fantasy makes everybody’s life easier. Frankly, I ‘ve seen pictures of Mr. McManus in real life and other films and he’s is, to me at least, much more appealing in the role of Kai – so I think it is Kai…
    The hairstyle, black outfit and boots all add to the atraction.

Anonymous

Of course his looks play a big role, but there’s something else about Kai that makes us love him. He’s kind of a challenge; attractive, the strong silent type, seems like he would be caring and sensitive(he does in my fantasies anyway) , but he’s locked behind this wall of “I’m dead, I have no feelings.” Like Xev, female veiwers like to delude themselves by thinking they could be special enough to make the dead man feel love, tenderness, or heck, just good old lust! And his inaccesability just makes girls want him more.
    …that’s probably more info than you wanted, but when I get going on this subject I tend to rant a bit.

——————
    Gideon: I thought you said you don’t hold a grudge.
    Galen: I don’t. I have no living enemies. At all.

Anonymous

Of course his looks play a big role, but there’s something else about Kai that makes us love him. He’s kind of a challenge; attractive, the strong silent type, seems like he would be caring and sensitive(he does in my fantasies anyway) , but he’s locked behind this wall of “I’m dead, I have no feelings.” Like Xev, female veiwers like to delude themselves by thinking they could be special enough to make the dead man feel love, tenderness, or heck, just good old lust! And his inaccesability just makes girls want him more.
    …that’s probably more info than you wanted, but when I get going on this subject I tend to rant a bit.

——————

Anonymous

…oh, and the fact that the only other male character is stan. Dead as Kai may be, he’s a chick magnet compared to Tweedle.

——————

Anonymous

…oh, and the fact that the only other male character is stan. Dead as Kai may be, he’s a chick magnet compared to Tweedle.

——————

Anonymous

Personally, the hairstyle reminds me of a poodle and I chuckle when I think about it. It also reminds me of a rock group from the 80’s, a darked haired guy, a blonde girl. Some song with the words…”stay with, me warm my heart.” The outfit reminds me of a braided rag rug. You’d think that a warrior’s outfit would have more substance to it. Now, the boots look comfortable, so I guess that’s okay. I love the hair in “Wake The Dead”. But then I found Kai much more intriguing and attractive in that episode.

[This message has been edited by Reveal7 (edited March 24, 2001).]

Anonymous

Personally, the hairstyle reminds me of a poodle and I chuckle when I think about it. It also reminds me of a rock group from the 80’s, a darked haired guy, a blonde girl. Some song with the words…”stay with, me warm my heart.” The outfit reminds me of a braided rag rug. You’d think that a warrior’s outfit would have more substance to it. Now, the boots look comfortable, so I guess that’s okay. I love the hair in “Wake The Dead”. But then I found Kai much more intriguing and attractive in that episode.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Reveal7:
    The outfit reminds me of a braided rag rug. You’d think that a warrior’s outfit would have more substance to it. Now, the boots look comfortable, so I guess that’s okay. I love the hair in “Wake The Dead”. But then I found Kai much more intriguing and attractive in that episode.

Actually, that’s what the outfit is made out of. And, it’s the same outfit he wore when living only, well, black. If you see Supernova or Brigadoom you see that what he wore as a living, breathing Brunnen-G is a brightly colored outfit of the same material. I forget what exactly it’s made out of, but it is a rag rug type of thing. It was made by a local company in Hali, I think. Someone correct me if I’m wrong on any of this.

[rant – Disclaimer: the views from this point on are the authors and not endorsed by sadgeezer.com, nor do they vouch for the sanity of the author ;o) ]

As to the appeal of Kai, I’m not incredibly sure what it is. Actually, for me I think it’s the whole mystery surrounding him. All in all, you really don’t know much about Kai, or Michael McManus. I adore both. Kai is the epitome of Mr. Male. Tall, dark, handsome, strong, and usually quite silent. When he does speak, it’s usually hilarious. “The dead do not poo”, “The dead do not float”, and “Who would you like me to kill” just seem very funny to me.

As to Michael McManus, well, knowing so little about the guy you can make up pretty much any old fantasy you want. He’s still tall, dark, and handsome. Combine that with what we do know from interviews and some meetings he’s had with Lexxians – still pretty silent but when he does talk he’s incredibly witty, fairly humble, polite, and nonassuming, not to mention he has great taste in music – and he’s an all around very attractive person, not just physically but intellectually. Just my opinion. Also, the funky facial twitches (see the kissy thing at the end of I think it was Gigashadow) that seem to denote confusion, etc., make me giggle. Love a man who can make me laugh so easily. But, that’s just me. A friend of mine goes for the androgynous type, so doesn’t get quite the same thrill, though she does find him attractive. I will admit that the Kai hair is seriously off the wall. When I first started watching it I kept wanting someone to take his hair down because it was driving me insane. I also loved Wake the Dead, both the hair and the character, not to mention the eery green eyes. Hope to see them utilize that Kai a lil more in Season 4.

OK, will stop babbling now since I’ve realized this post is rather long and doesn’t say much. But, you did ask… hehehe…
    [/rant]

~elfie

——————
    “Reality continues to ruin my life.” – Calvin and Hobbes

Another month ends. All targets met. All systems working. All customers satisfied. All staff eagerly enthusiastic. All pigs fed and ready to fly.

Anonymous

quote:

The outfit reminds me of a braided rag rug. You’d think that a warrior’s outfit would have more substance to it. Now, the boots look comfortable, so I guess that’s okay. I love the hair in “Wake The Dead”. But then I found Kai much more intriguing and attractive in that episode.

Actually, that’s what the outfit is made out of. And, it’s the same outfit he wore when living only, well, black. If you see Supernova or Brigadoom you see that what he wore as a living, breathing Brunnen-G is a brightly colored outfit of the same material. I forget what exactly it’s made out of, but it is a rag rug type of thing. It was made by a local company in Hali, I think. Someone correct me if I’m wrong on any of this.

[rant – Disclaimer: the views from this point on are the authors and not endorsed by sadgeezer.com, nor do they vouch for the sanity of the author ;o) ]

As to the appeal of Kai, I’m not incredibly sure what it is. Actually, for me I think it’s the whole mystery surrounding him. All in all, you really don’t know much about Kai, or Michael McManus. I adore both. Kai is the epitome of Mr. Male. Tall, dark, handsome, strong, and usually quite silent. When he does speak, it’s usually hilarious. “The dead do not poo”, “The dead do not float”, and “Who would you like me to kill” just seem very funny to me.

As to Michael McManus, well, knowing so little about the guy you can make up pretty much any old fantasy you want. He’s still tall, dark, and handsome. Combine that with what we do know from interviews and some meetings he’s had with Lexxians – still pretty silent but when he does talk he’s incredibly witty, fairly humble, polite, and nonassuming, not to mention he has great taste in music – and he’s an all around very attractive person, not just physically but intellectually. Just my opinion. Also, the funky facial twitches (see the kissy thing at the end of I think it was Gigashadow) that seem to denote confusion, etc., make me giggle. Love a man who can make me laugh so easily. But, that’s just me. A friend of mine goes for the androgynous type, so doesn’t get quite the same thrill, though she does find him attractive. I will admit that the Kai hair is seriously off the wall. When I first started watching it I kept wanting someone to take his hair down because it was driving me insane. I also loved Wake the Dead, both the hair and the character, not to mention the eery green eyes. Hope to see them utilize that Kai a lil more in Season 4.

OK, will stop babbling now since I’ve realized this post is rather long and doesn’t say much. But, you did ask… hehehe…
    [/rant]

~elfie

——————
    “Reality continues to ruin my life.” – Calvin and Hobbes

Another month ends. All targets met. All systems working. All customers satisfied. All staff eagerly enthusiastic. All pigs fed and ready to fly.

Anonymous

Personally, the hairstyle reminds me of a poodle and I chuckle when I think about it. It also reminds me of a rock group from the 80’s, a darked haired guy, a blonde girl. Some song with the words…”stay with, me warm my heart.”

I think the group you are refering to is “The Thompson Twins” – also had a black man in the group. I think the guy had the high red hair… They were great!!

Anonymous

Personally, the hairstyle reminds me of a poodle and I chuckle when I think about it. It also reminds me of a rock group from the 80’s, a darked haired guy, a blonde girl. Some song with the words…”stay with, me warm my heart.”

I think the group you are refering to is “The Thompson Twins” – also had a black man in the group. I think the guy had the high red hair… They were great!!

trillian
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by NB 1:

Actually, it could account for ANY band in the ’80’s. They all had big hair. Flock of Seagulls comes to mind, Duran Duran, Howard (can’t remember his last name), Paul Young- they all had it! I think it was a disease brought on by a secret ingredient in mousse. I know I suffered from it.

——————
    “…we will be restoring normality just as soon as we are sure what normal is anyway.”

trillian
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by NB 1:

Actually, it could account for ANY band in the ’80’s. They all had big hair. Flock of Seagulls comes to mind, Duran Duran, Howard (can’t remember his last name), Paul Young- they all had it! I think it was a disease brought on by a secret ingredient in mousse. I know I suffered from it.

——————
    “…we will be restoring normality just as soon as we are sure what normal is anyway.”

lizard
    Participant

Nothing drives some women, (and men), into a passion like the object of our interest being unavailable! Plus M.M. has considerable male beauty.

Also (and this is weird) he can be submissive sometimes, which I find sexy in an otherwise powerful man. For example, in one of the season two eps, the one with the spider web that gets into stan’s brain, he asks Xev at the end if he should kill stanley for her. Now if she could only get him to follow other orders….

On the other hand, I find it rather annoying that Xev has had to remain a virgin all this time, while she is waiting for Kai to warm up. Do the writers have a Madonna/whore complex or what?

lizard
    Participant

Nothing drives some women, (and men), into a passion like the object of our interest being unavailable! Plus M.M. has considerable male beauty.

Also (and this is weird) he can be submissive sometimes, which I find sexy in an otherwise powerful man. For example, in one of the season two eps, the one with the spider web that gets into stan’s brain, he asks Xev at the end if he should kill stanley for her. Now if she could only get him to follow other orders….

On the other hand, I find it rather annoying that Xev has had to remain a virgin all this time, while she is waiting for Kai to warm up. Do the writers have a Madonna/whore complex or what?

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Lizard:

Are you kidding?!? Zev flirts with every guy who isn’t trying to kill her! She even surrendered herself bodily to several men on Nook. What kind of fidelity is that?!? :bugeyes:

Even if Kai were totally alive and de-borged, he wouldn’t be interested in Zev. Leave her for Stan (or maybe 790 ).

——————

“Exterminate!” -Dalek warrior, The Daleks: Episode 4-The Ambush

“Feel the power of the dark Crystal!” -skekTek the Scientist, The Dark Crystal

“I will love you forever!” -drone #790, Lexx 1.1: I Worship His Shadow

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Lizard:

Are you kidding?!? Zev flirts with every guy who isn’t trying to kill her! She even surrendered herself bodily to several men on Nook. What kind of fidelity is that?!? :bugeyes:

Even if Kai were totally alive and de-borged, he wouldn’t be interested in Zev. Leave her for Stan (or maybe 790 ).

——————

“Exterminate!” -Dalek warrior, The Daleks: Episode 4-The Ambush

“Feel the power of the dark Crystal!” -skekTek the Scientist, The Dark Crystal

“I will love you forever!” -drone #790, Lexx 1.1: I Worship His Shadow

Anonymous

Is there a difference between not available and dead? Some of my girl friends tell me that their husbands or boy friends are available, but consider them “dead”. According to Stan, Kai is dead, alive. So that makes Prince alive, dead? Don’t really see the difference, unless you’re talking about functioning equipment and in that case the “Dead Guy” would be useless. So, then are there just as many women out there attracted to Prince? After all, he’s really not available, but is he functioning? Or perhaps it’s the illusion that with Kai a woman could easily program and dominate him? Stepford Kai? Is that perhaps the real turn on? Boring! Now if Kai were animated like he was in “Wake the Dead” that would really be a challenge. I wonder if he would be as accommodating? How many women would run the other way if they encountered that Kai? How many guys out there would be attracted to a woman who was as alive as “The Dead Guy”?

[This message has been edited by Reveal7 (edited March 26, 2001).]

Anonymous

Is there a difference between not available and dead? Some of my girl friends tell me that their husbands or boy friends are available, but consider them “dead”. According to Stan, Kai is dead, alive. So that makes Prince alive, dead? Don’t really see the difference, unless you’re talking about functioning equipment and in that case the “Dead Guy” would be useless. So, then are there just as many women out there attracted to Prince? After all, he’s really not available, but is he functioning? Or perhaps it’s the illusion that with Kai a woman could easily program and dominate him? Stepford Kai? Is that perhaps the real turn on? Boring! Now if Kai were animated like he was in “Wake the Dead” that would really be a challenge. I wonder if he would be as accommodating? How many women would run the other way if they encountered that Kai? How many guys out there would be attracted to a woman who was as alive as “The Dead Guy”?

[This message has been edited by Reveal7 (edited March 26, 2001).]

lizard
    Participant

Nook?! Maybe I missed that one! Did Xev actually HAVE SEX…if so I am relieved. There is a big difference between flirting with someone and doing the nasty. The only time I remember her actually having sex is when she was a man and she had her way with stanley.

I missed some of season 2 (the schedule on scifi is erratic).

lizard
    Participant

Nook?! Maybe I missed that one! Did Xev actually HAVE SEX…if so I am relieved. There is a big difference between flirting with someone and doing the nasty. The only time I remember her actually having sex is when she was a man and she had her way with stanley.

I missed some of season 2 (the schedule on scifi is erratic).

Anonymous

quote:

Is there a difference between not available and dead? According to Stan, Kai is dead, alive. So that makes Prince alive, dead? Don’t really see the difference. So, then are there just as many women out there attracted to Prince? After all, he’s really not available.

The difference here is that Kai is, to lapse into horror movie terminology, a zombie. He’s a physical shell with remembrances of his past, but without much in the way of emotional motivation. The denizens of Fire and Water, however, have all of their desires intact, not being reanimated corpses, but “reborns” that actually have emotions, drives and what have you. Taking Water as Heaven, it wouldn’t do to have a rewarding afterlife where one’s own loves and desires wouldn’t exist — how would they be rewarded for leading a “good” life? The reverse applies to Fire: how can you punish someone that has no emotion to react to the punishment? It just wouldn’t work. Suffering only exists when one’s emotions and desires are present and able to be frustrated. Prince, being Prince, is a whole ‘nother thing altogether. In the theology of LEXX (if such a thing can be said to exist), he represents Satan, who has never been known to be at a loss for lust, as it were.

–Aleck

Anonymous

quote:

Is there a difference between not available and dead? According to Stan, Kai is dead, alive. So that makes Prince alive, dead? Don’t really see the difference. So, then are there just as many women out there attracted to Prince? After all, he’s really not available.

The difference here is that Kai is, to lapse into horror movie terminology, a zombie. He’s a physical shell with remembrances of his past, but without much in the way of emotional motivation. The denizens of Fire and Water, however, have all of their desires intact, not being reanimated corpses, but “reborns” that actually have emotions, drives and what have you. Taking Water as Heaven, it wouldn’t do to have a rewarding afterlife where one’s own loves and desires wouldn’t exist — how would they be rewarded for leading a “good” life? The reverse applies to Fire: how can you punish someone that has no emotion to react to the punishment? It just wouldn’t work. Suffering only exists when one’s emotions and desires are present and able to be frustrated. Prince, being Prince, is a whole ‘nother thing altogether. In the theology of LEXX (if such a thing can be said to exist), he represents Satan, who has never been known to be at a loss for lust, as it were.

–Aleck

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Aleck:

–Aleck

You have gotten to the very point of the matter, lust. Are the fans lusting after Kai or Mr. McManus? I have heard it said that one can experience desire and pain without showing emotion. How can you be so sure that Kai is a Zombie? Perhaps he has been led to think that he is, but in fact he really isn’t? I thought zombies were considered the “undead”? Or is that vampires? Besides, LEXX really exists in the Supreme Beans Universe and we are just guests in it.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Aleck:

–Aleck

You have gotten to the very point of the matter, lust. Are the fans lusting after Kai or Mr. McManus? I have heard it said that one can experience desire and pain without showing emotion. How can you be so sure that Kai is a Zombie? Perhaps he has been led to think that he is, but in fact he really isn’t? I thought zombies were considered the “undead”? Or is that vampires? Besides, LEXX really exists in the Supreme Beans Universe and we are just guests in it.

Anonymous

–Aleck[/b][/QUOTE]
    You have gotten to the very point of the matter, lust. Are the fans lusting after Kai or Mr. McManus[/B][/QUOTE]

…what, we can’t lust after both?
    i love kai, and from what i know of michael he seems like a good catch too…but i like them for different reasons.

——————

Anonymous

–Aleck[/b][/QUOTE]
    You have gotten to the very point of the matter, lust. Are the fans lusting after Kai or Mr. McManus[/B][/QUOTE]

…what, we can’t lust after both?
    i love kai, and from what i know of michael he seems like a good catch too…but i like them for different reasons.

——————

trillian
    Participant

>>Reveal 7 wroteWhat is the fascination with the “Dead Guy”?>>

What is the fascination? How about a tortured body, tragic slavery, not fitting into the world that surrounds you, and wearing clothes that scream, I’m different. That’s always interesting.

I am NOT married to a guy who “exhibits the same amount of enthusiasm as Kai.” Kai is a fantasy, nothing more.
    In, dare I mention, Real Life, I would be bored and frustrated with someone who shows so little in return like Kai. Keep me laughing or hit the road!

The idea of the character is fascinating, what can he do? How many different skills is he capable of? Does he ever shower? Do his feet get sore from standing so long? If they do, would he notice? It’s just a mystery that’s fun to play with.

No, I don’t believe he would change. In case you haven’t heard about it, there is a clone RPG started on the Sci Fi board. I’ve heard it explained that one of the reasons it’s been played is the player can make Kai into what they would like to see him as. That sounds like a plausible explanation to me. I thought Kai would look dashing as a pirate. Think of the stories one can create with a ocean going Kai. I’ve solved the little problem of floating in water, so now PirateKai can swim. It’s just a mental excercise for me. I don’t know how the other players see it as, but that’s my two cents.

Reveal7 also asked if it’s about Kai or Micheal McManus. For me, it’s Kai where the fascination is, as I mentioned before. Yes, I think it would be a kick to meet Mr. McManus, but I also think it would be a kick to meet Brian Downey, Xenia, or anyone else involved with Lexx.

So, I think they are lusting after Kai. That’s my opinion.

——————

trillian
    Participant

>>Reveal 7 wroteWhat is the fascination with the “Dead Guy”?>>

What is the fascination? How about a tortured body, tragic slavery, not fitting into the world that surrounds you, and wearing clothes that scream, I’m different. That’s always interesting.

I am NOT married to a guy who “exhibits the same amount of enthusiasm as Kai.” Kai is a fantasy, nothing more.
    In, dare I mention, Real Life, I would be bored and frustrated with someone who shows so little in return like Kai. Keep me laughing or hit the road!

The idea of the character is fascinating, what can he do? How many different skills is he capable of? Does he ever shower? Do his feet get sore from standing so long? If they do, would he notice? It’s just a mystery that’s fun to play with.

No, I don’t believe he would change. In case you haven’t heard about it, there is a clone RPG started on the Sci Fi board. I’ve heard it explained that one of the reasons it’s been played is the player can make Kai into what they would like to see him as. That sounds like a plausible explanation to me. I thought Kai would look dashing as a pirate. Think of the stories one can create with a ocean going Kai. I’ve solved the little problem of floating in water, so now PirateKai can swim. It’s just a mental excercise for me. I don’t know how the other players see it as, but that’s my two cents.

Reveal7 also asked if it’s about Kai or Micheal McManus. For me, it’s Kai where the fascination is, as I mentioned before. Yes, I think it would be a kick to meet Mr. McManus, but I also think it would be a kick to meet Brian Downey, Xenia, or anyone else involved with Lexx.

So, I think they are lusting after Kai. That’s my opinion.

——————

Anonymous

My fascination with Kai stems from his detachment regarding his living companions. He is tasty eye candy and I really enjoy watching for the rare moments when the real Michael McManus slips through the Kai demeanor. As far as attractive, take away all the fancy make up and props, and you still have an attractive young man with a lot of talent. It’s a win win situation.

Anonymous

My fascination with Kai stems from his detachment regarding his living companions. He is tasty eye candy and I really enjoy watching for the rare moments when the real Michael McManus slips through the Kai demeanor. As far as attractive, take away all the fancy make up and props, and you still have an attractive young man with a lot of talent. It’s a win win situation.

Anonymous

Woo!
    Yes, I admit lust. Fine. RPGing? I think the character is perfect, needing no improvement. Face it. Kai can’t belch, doesn’t get itchy in strange places whist with company, no flatulence, no shaving, his hair’s always perfect, and his costume – even though I know it makes MM rather uncomfortable, adds a sence of “hey, I’ve got it all together”. “‘Ceptin’ his brain, of course. He’s smart, without being too smart – and dull when it seems convenient.
    I like that in a man. Uh, now..irm…

Let’s see…. I think we’ve all described our interests rather well. Frankly, tho’ the ball buster is that it’s only fantasy. There’s no such person as Kai. He’s built up as a legend. I like legends. Always have been a historical recreationalist, and I like the idea of being able to act out a Kai-ish role. It presents hurtles. Stonewalling, now that I’m good at. Being disconnected. All of these things are extremes of the disfunctional mind. And here I go psychoanalysing myself, but – Kai is a really disfunctional fellow. I’ve always been drawn to that. A weakness of character on my part. So you see, Kai really does fit in (in describing some human males) if you think about it.

——————
    “We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars…” Oscar Wilde

Anonymous

Woo!
    Yes, I admit lust. Fine. RPGing? I think the character is perfect, needing no improvement. Face it. Kai can’t belch, doesn’t get itchy in strange places whist with company, no flatulence, no shaving, his hair’s always perfect, and his costume – even though I know it makes MM rather uncomfortable, adds a sence of “hey, I’ve got it all together”. “‘Ceptin’ his brain, of course. He’s smart, without being too smart – and dull when it seems convenient.
    I like that in a man. Uh, now..irm…

Let’s see…. I think we’ve all described our interests rather well. Frankly, tho’ the ball buster is that it’s only fantasy. There’s no such person as Kai. He’s built up as a legend. I like legends. Always have been a historical recreationalist, and I like the idea of being able to act out a Kai-ish role. It presents hurtles. Stonewalling, now that I’m good at. Being disconnected. All of these things are extremes of the disfunctional mind. And here I go psychoanalysing myself, but – Kai is a really disfunctional fellow. I’ve always been drawn to that. A weakness of character on my part. So you see, Kai really does fit in (in describing some human males) if you think about it.

——————
    “We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars…” Oscar Wilde

Anonymous

>>>What is the fascination with the “Dead Guy”?
    Gosh, what’s not to like, besides I have always been attracted to guys who can pull off the strange AND still be drop dead good looking. And lord knows you can’t get stranger than that hairdo of his.

Fortunately for me, he has many of the qualities that first attracted me to my husband twenty-two years ago. Dark hair, large brown eyes, well defined brows, wide mouth, well shaped chin and good looking cheek bones. Of course as an added bonus MM also has that nice clef in his chin, and a really nicely shaped nose.

I just like looking at him, either as Kai or MM. Time and my cooking have taken their toll on us all, so having someone around who is good looking in the same style that I have always been attracted to is just wonderful.

——————
    Oh, come on. If you can’t laugh at the walking dead, who can you laugh at?
    Dan Fielding in “Night Court”
    Of Course if Dan had ever met Kai, he might have quickly become one of the dead.

[This message has been edited by LexxFan (edited April 10, 2001).]

Anonymous

>>>What is the fascination with the “Dead Guy”?
    Gosh, what’s not to like, besides I have always been attracted to guys who can pull off the strange AND still be drop dead good looking. And lord knows you can’t get stranger than that hairdo of his.

Fortunately for me, he has many of the qualities that first attracted me to my husband twenty-two years ago. Dark hair, large brown eyes, well defined brows, wide mouth, well shaped chin and good looking cheek bones. Of course as an added bonus MM also has that nice clef in his chin, and a really nicely shaped nose.

I just like looking at him, either as Kai or MM. Time and my cooking have taken their toll on us all, so having someone around who is good looking in the same style that I have always been attracted to is just wonderful.

——————
    Oh, come on. If you can’t laugh at the walking dead, who can you laugh at?
    Dan Fielding in “Night Court”
    Of Course if Dan had ever met Kai, he might have quickly become one of the dead.

[This message has been edited by LexxFan (edited April 10, 2001).]

Anonymous

Personally I think he’s ugly and fat And I’m not just saying that coz I’m jealous ok!?

Actually, I once met MM. he’s quite a personable bloke, he doesn’t stint on buying a drink at the bar and is quite chatty. What I personally liked about him was when I asked him to sign a poster for my then fiance NewKate, knowing she was russian, he tried to write something in the language.

But since he knew absolutely nothing abouot the language (like me) he basically just scribbled a note with a ‘nyet’ and a ‘da’ in it. It was nice of him to try though.

I’ve often had a go at fans of the guy in chatrooms and Bulletin Boards, but to be honest, the whole of the LEXX crew are worthy of adoration in my book. Xenia, Brian, Michael or Jeff aren’t the slightest bit aloof or condecending.

And I also think they look much better in real life than in costume which is also unusual huh?

——————

Anonymous

Personally I think he’s ugly and fat And I’m not just saying that coz I’m jealous ok!?

Actually, I once met MM. he’s quite a personable bloke, he doesn’t stint on buying a drink at the bar and is quite chatty. What I personally liked about him was when I asked him to sign a poster for my then fiance NewKate, knowing she was russian, he tried to write something in the language.

But since he knew absolutely nothing abouot the language (like me) he basically just scribbled a note with a ‘nyet’ and a ‘da’ in it. It was nice of him to try though.

I’ve often had a go at fans of the guy in chatrooms and Bulletin Boards, but to be honest, the whole of the LEXX crew are worthy of adoration in my book. Xenia, Brian, Michael or Jeff aren’t the slightest bit aloof or condecending.

And I also think they look much better in real life than in costume which is also unusual huh?

——————

Anonymous

To put it a nice neat package, women (men) always want someone that they can’t have.
    and the fact that he keeps his private life,
    PRIVATE makes him even more…..mmmmm,well you know.

Anonymous

To put it a nice neat package, women (men) always want someone that they can’t have.

trillian
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by sheila pike:

Damnit, where are my glasses? I can’t read very smegging well without them! OH, see, you did say women and men, D’OH! So I’m editing the first part of my old messege. (DELETE) *I’m just gonna go ahead leave the bit about fandom and the sucking noises that follow it. *

Admiration is part of fandom, in my opinion. I’m in awe at what the actors go through to bring us some entertainment. After buying a pair of Xev-like boots and walking around in them, I have an all new respect for Xenia’s balancing abilities! I could barely walk around the house, and she climbs and runs in those things! WOW!

OK, back to my corner now.

——————

[This message has been edited by trillian (edited April 12, 2001).]

trillian
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by sheila pike:

Damnit, where are my glasses? I can’t read very smegging well without them! OH, see, you did say women and men, D’OH! So I’m editing the first part of my old messege. (DELETE) *I’m just gonna go ahead leave the bit about fandom and the sucking noises that follow it. *

Admiration is part of fandom, in my opinion. I’m in awe at what the actors go through to bring us some entertainment. After buying a pair of Xev-like boots and walking around in them, I have an all new respect for Xenia’s balancing abilities! I could barely walk around the house, and she climbs and runs in those things! WOW!

OK, back to my corner now.

——————

[This message has been edited by trillian (edited April 12, 2001).]

Anonymous

quote:

You have gotten to the very point of the matter, lust. Are the fans lusting after Kai or Mr. McManus?…Besides, LEXX really exists in the Supreme Beans Universe and we are just guests in it.

There you’ve nailed it, R7. It’s just a show. We dig it ‘cuz it’s a few hours away from RL, into a world of fantasy and utter freakiness where RL rules get bent, stomped on or just thrown out all together. Kai is attractive because of his elusiveness. But, trust me, dead in RL ain’t so attractive, regardless of what the odd freak may say. I’ve been to the morgue many a night and I’ve never seen a queue of people waiting to get in and hang out and party with the dead guys. As far as MM, jeez louise, is that really a toughie? He’s handsome, just like a zillion other guys on the planet. What’s so difficult to conceive? Luck of draw; the magic of genetics. Really, it’s a no-brainer.

[This message has been edited by BlackCloud (edited April 13, 2001).]

Anonymous

quote:

You have gotten to the very point of the matter, lust. Are the fans lusting after Kai or Mr. McManus?…Besides, LEXX really exists in the Supreme Beans Universe and we are just guests in it.

There you’ve nailed it, R7. It’s just a show. We dig it ‘cuz it’s a few hours away from RL, into a world of fantasy and utter freakiness where RL rules get bent, stomped on or just thrown out all together. Kai is attractive because of his elusiveness. But, trust me, dead in RL ain’t so attractive, regardless of what the odd freak may say. I’ve been to the morgue many a night and I’ve never seen a queue of people waiting to get in and hang out and party with the dead guys. As far as MM, jeez louise, is that really a toughie? He’s handsome, just like a zillion other guys on the planet. What’s so difficult to conceive? Luck of draw; the magic of genetics. Really, it’s a no-brainer.

[This message has been edited by BlackCloud (edited April 13, 2001).]

Viewing 45 posts - 1 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.