Being Human – Syfy

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub Being Human – Syfy

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    theFrey
    Participant

Anyone watching this? I just caught the first two eps.

SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Is that the American re-make of the Brit ‘Being Human’? or the Brit one with the fat werewolf, lukewarm Vamp and timid Ghost?

theFrey
    Participant

Yep, that sounds like it. How long did it run there?

londondyke
    Participant

So this is where you are all hiding! Have seen bits of a couple of episodes (UK version, didn’t know of a US one)

I recognise the girl ghost from Sugar Rush.

Nothing I would stay in for.

theFrey
    Participant

Hey, I am old and married.

Staying in is what I do these days. lol!

londondyke
    Participant

You could still be useful to us with your brain put into a cyberman body..but will your wife notice?

theFrey
    Participant

No but my husband might! ๐Ÿ˜€ Of course since new body would doubtless be an improvement over current model, he most likely would stay quiet about it. ๐Ÿ˜‰

londondyke
    Participant

Lol! Sorry thefey just assumed you were a male !

SadGeezer
    Keymaster

I watched the first season of Being Human and it was very popular in the UK.  I tnink they are currently airing the third here now.

It’s ok I guess, but I got the feeling it was trying to humanise itself by becoming a soap opera and haven’t managed to get around to season 2 eps yet.  I probably will, I’m just not in a rush. 

theFrey
    Participant

Hey nothing wrong with Soap Operas. One of my all time favs was the Original Dark Shadows. It ran for a zillion eps. I joined in just as Barabas went to the past to find out about Quention’s problem.  I watched it for years after school and bought my first vcr so I could record it. ๐Ÿ˜€

londondyke
    Participant

What’s a VCR ? Haha OK just kidding.  Are you still watching Being Human thefrey? Is it the Brit version or has it been remade with US actors? What do you like about it? What I saw of the Brit version was deadly dull.

theFrey
    Participant

American Version.

I tried to watch the Brit version, which is available on channel 886 or something, but just could not get into it.

Yea, I am still watching it. But…. perhaps we need to refer to it as Being Human Brit or Being Human Ameri. Because they are pretty different and not really the same show.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I meant to watch it before it first aired because the premise reminded me of Magipoka, but never did. Watched a few episodes of the most recent series simply because it was set in Barry… was amusing to see Robson Green breaking into Barry Island Pleasure Park.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.